Past #36: Ayden Kennedy - delisted at the end of the 2013 season

Remove this Banner Ad

First aid logo next to Kennedys name in thread title is card worthy.
Particularly with the ambiguous nature of the thread title taken into account.

That is an excellent article.

Does anyone know who the writer is? He has a very bright future but will have to consider changing his professional name from Ricky to Rick (or preferably Richard) if he wants to really make it big one day. ;)

Particularly with the ambiguous nature of the thread title taken into account.

I took the thread title into account after I kicked the shit out of the cat.

Still don't know where Kennedy will fit into our side. Whats his anticipated position at AFL level?

That is an excellent article.

Does anyone know who the writer is? He has a very bright future but will have to consider changing his professional name from Ricky to Rick (or preferably Richard) if he wants to really make it big one day. ;)

Would changing it to Rick18 suffice? :p

Great read. Thanks Rick. Geez I hope he comes on, pleeeeasae footy gods be kind!!

Next target?

LA? Could give us an insight 2012 and his role?

Or Goldstein, would love to feel the commitment as I read what he had to say about the club and the city he lives in.

Hansen, get this man on the mic so we can sense his desire.

Cam Delaney, haven't heard peep really since he got to the club.

Speight, the super sub? the 4 quarter spark, the live wire? What does Ben Speight see when he looks in the mirror?

The Brady replacement? Who the **** is it and what should we expect?

The McBackline? We have Firrito then Thompson, Do the rest cut the mustard when it comes to hardness and desperation?

The McBackline? We have Firrito then Thompson, Do the rest cut the mustard when it comes to hardness and desperation?

I'm really hoping slash pretty confident that MacMillan steps it up this year. The spot is his for the taking. He's smart, got good skills & (as we seen from that memorable Utah video) has terrific leadership qualities.
I'm hoping by mid season he'll be a permanent fixture down back.

As for Kennedy, I will admit is one of our blokes I know little about & I will be keeping an eye on him from now on. Seems like his head is screwed on right & I love the fact the club decided to give the bloke another roll of the dice.
Is there any footage floating around from before he got picked up?

He must have some talent as we chose him ahead of that Vardy kid from Geelong. Given our patience with Grima I'd be surprised if this kid wasn't given a chance to get back to some level of fitness and form. Apparently can kick so he must be half a chance down back but would appear very far down the list of KPB's.

I saw him play a couple of times in the VFL off half back.

He looked very comfortable in that role.

I'll just be happy to see the kid gets a string of games under his belt.

Ayden's injury fears unfounded

ayden240a.jpg
Roo Ayden Kennedy after injuring his knee at training

FOR A while last Thursday North Melbourne tall Ayden Kennedy thought he was facing his second knee reconstruction in 10 months.

Kennedy, 20, had been chasing teammate Ben Speight in a match-practice session at Aegis Park, when he went to change direction and felt a severe pain in the right knee he had reconstructed last March.

http://www.kangaroos.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/4912/newsid/127984/default.aspx

(Log in to remove this ad.)

know myself, after having a full reco that any pain felt, makes ya think OMG.

Kennedy will be a show this season, especially that nobody seams to know about him.

Once you have a serious injury it is all about having the confidence in the body, that can sometimes take a long time after the injury has healed. A lot of kids often have a fairly quite year following a recon. I am happy to be patient with him, he has a lot of natural talent.

know myself, after having a full reco that any pain felt, makes ya think OMG.

Kennedy will be a show this season, especially that nobody seams to know about him.

From a personal experience i very much doubt it.

Takes 12 months mentally minimum to be able to trust it again. It is a very hard feeling to explain but no chance just because you have the operation that you just move on.

You spend the next year sure playing but at all times its in the back of your mind and 100% becomes 95% tilt until you overcome it.:thumbsu::thumbsu:

Just got the afl prospectus and there is a section called late bloomers. They have the supercoach points for all the lower leagues and ayden averaged 119 sc points in the vfl. Very very impressive.

He was on track for a debut last year IMO.

Might not be back to full flight for another 12 months unfortunately given how tricky knees can be, but hes a keeper for sure.

sorry, I meant a show as in, he will show us why he was drafted and why some rate him quite highly.

Will just be great for him to play a full season.

How is this guy going? Has he been able to put in a full pre-season?

Pretty much. He's certainly in full training now, albeit with his knee bandaged, but there's little to no sign of any restriction on the track apparently.

Ayden has played a few games at senior VFL level now and looks like a really accomplished and confident footballer. He is moving really well, reads the play well, defends capably and makes very good decisions. He also shows a strong ability to run off his man to get involved in attacks, finding himself inside the forward 50 on occasions. Alot to like.

Saw him play for the first time yesterday in the VFL - the guy with the long neck. Did not see much of the game but something about him feels right - the way he plays. Is he our hidden potential? Where would he fit as part of our structure?

is he big enough to play CHB? or is he more a scott thompson type who can take the third tall?

Is he fast enough to play on small speedy type forwards? tests incredibly well in agility and speed...could this be his calling?

what is he like overhead?

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #36: Ayden Kennedy - delisted at the end of the 2013 season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back