Past #36: Ayden Kennedy - delisted at the end of the 2013 season

Remove this Banner Ad

Should be playing next week if McMillan or firrito has a stinker today

Read the entire article

As far as his fitness goes; things are almost back to normal.

“This is probably the most games I’ve played in a row at the club which has been good.

“My knee’s pretty strong although I still tape it but that’s more of a mental thing. The biggest drama I had coming back was jumping but I’m confident with that now.”

But there’s always room for improvement and Kennedy knows he still has a long way to go in order to gain the necessary aerobic capacity needed at AFL level. That’s why he’s doing extra running sessions during the week.

He has definitely faded out of matches this season. I doubt he'll play seniors at all this season. There's no hurry.

He has definitely faded out of matches this season. I doubt he'll play seniors at all this season. There's no hurry.

No there isn't, and at the same time, there is a lot to like and to look forward to. He definitely has the goods. Might be a bit like Grima in that respect - a slow start to his career due to injury, but a quality player when he gets going.

I'm certain very few outside of North even know he's on our list.

I cant believe it took until two weeks ago to identify his potential as a Half Back. Given the way some other players have been handled you really have to wonder if we have gotten the best out of our list.

What are John Lamont's credentials like?

Might get a token game at the end of the season similar to how Black did last year, really looking forward to seeing him. For those that have seen him play how quick is he?, I seem to recall him testing really well back at the combine and I'm wondering if this has translated to being quick on the field?

We have a lot of great prospects for our backline atm in McKenzie, Kennedy, C.Delaney and eventually McDonald

We now have potential hbf'ers coming out our proverbial clacker. The blokes that are given the spots week to week will have to play out of their skins each week to cement their spot (inb4: Scott couldn't even cut a cake) given the amount of players in the wings willing to jump in and nab their spots

Statistically probably his best game for the season so far?

20 possessions (only 3 ineffective), 11 handball receives (best for Werribee) and most impressively - 2 contested marks. All we need to see now is a few more tackles (just one last week) and he could be pretty close.

kennedyo.jpg

Well, he looks like his old man.

ngbbs49f550ed4e995.jpeg

Really glad he's been on the park consistently this year.
again getting tired.

But he on the other hand has been playing 100% game time for quite a few weeks in a row. Another uninterrupted pre season, and all hell may break loose.

Will play this week. Not a coincidence.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And Robbie Taz.

Of course, thanks, knew there would be more. Getting a good record for picking good players and sticking by the players and their own judgement about them.

I love reading this news. AK - The Future!

Get a full preseason into this kid, and the tank which grows from it, and we have another rough diamond to unleash on the AFL in 2013.

Great news! :thumbsu:

There's a reason he has such a long neck. He's genetically designed to accommodate multiple Premiership and Norm Smith medallions at once.

I love reading this news. AK - The Future!

Get a full preseason into this kid, and the tank which grows from it, and we have another rough diamond to unleash on the AFL in 2013.

Great news! :thumbsu:

There's a reason he has such a long neck. He's genetically designed to accommodate multiple Premiership and Norm Smith medallions at once.

The Giraffe!

good on him! if wasnt for those horrible injuries including stressies and an ACL, he might have had an opportunity. i agree, he will play this week and good luck to him, also hope sierakowski gets a gig

Personally dont think he will play seniors this week, has been very important to the Werribee back line. At this stage of the season, NMFC need to make decisions based on whats best for, the player, the NMFC & then the affiliate.

Based on that, North may want to give him a taste, but in my mind that is highly doubtful. Werribee need him, Ayden needs continuity and NMFC need him rearing to go for next season.

Where does everyone see this kid fitting in for next year?

He looks that versatile, tall athletic player down back we are craving. For example, in that final McMahon had to take Lynch.

Kennedy at 192cm and I am assuming 90 - 95 kg after next pre season would have been the perfect player to do this.

He is a long and fairly accurate kick and seems to have incredible leg speed which loses us nothing on the rebound.

Hypothetically if we had that same final again in 12 months time this how I would have us line up:

Atley - McGinnity, McMahon - Hill, A.Kennedy - Lynch, C.Delaney - J.Kennedy, Grima - Darling, Thompson - Cox.

By adding Kennedy and Cam Delaney for that matter, we are inheriting more height and pace than with Firrito and Wright.

Wright should be moved forward again to make way.

Thoughts?

I think he will start by being the sub a few times. Right now, his tank and frame are the 2 things holding him back. Being the sub diminishes the significance of those deficiencies. But it will all depend on how good a pre-season he has and if he can have a run in the NAB Cup. He may have stitched up a spot by then if everything goes swimmingly for him.

At the very least, he should get a taste of it next season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #36: Ayden Kennedy - delisted at the end of the 2013 season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back