Past #36: Ayden Kennedy - delisted at the end of the 2013 season

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't think he is big enough to play key position. He is solidly built but seems better suited to that third tall defender role or even a wing. I saw all of the VFL game and he was very impressive every time he was involved in the play. Quick, evasive, strong defensively and he made the right choices at the right time. Nice kick too. Could the the player we wished Urquhart could be, just bigger.

Our HBF line is going to be stacked in several years. McKenzie, Kennedy, McDonald, Atley, McMahon, and to a lesser extent, Sierakowski & Mullett. We have a lot of them.

No rushing with Ayden but there is some serious potential there.

Ayden has played a few games at senior VFL level now and looks like a really accomplished and confident footballer. He is moving really well, reads the play well, defends capably and makes very good decisions. He also shows a strong ability to run off his man to get involved in attacks, finding himself inside the forward 50 on occasions. Alot to like.

Great to hear.

Such a shame he was prevented games last year because of the knee.

Hopefully he can put together a real solid 3-4 weeks in the VFL and give himself every chance of that debut.

I would like to see this next year. A half back line that is speedy and agile with penetrating kicks I assume. The roo-bouncing kangaroos.

B: McMahon Grima Thompson
HB: McDonald C. Delaney Kennedy

No more handballing out of the backline under pressure.

I would like to see this next year. A half back line that is speedy and agile with penetrating kicks I assume. The roo-bouncing kangaroos.

And a forward line of..
HF: Campbell Hansen Lynch
FF: Wells Petrie Black

Which McDonald is that? Because it sure ain't Luke. You mean McKenzie?

Gotta wait until 2014 for McDonald.

Watched him play on Saturday. Very impressive. He's good overhead, his athleticism is elite, and he is a good user of the ball. Absolutely love the way he uses his pace rebounding from the defensive half, and it's something we could really use in the 1s. He's 192, which isnt too small to play as KPD, but he'd be much better used in a Sam Gilbert style role as that 3rd Defender, using his run and carry out of defence. Quick enough to play on small forwards. He's 20, early days, but with alongside C.Delaney, who is showing he will be able to hold down a KPD roll when he matures, Aydens success will really add another dimension to our future back 6. With finals this season pretty much done and dusted, i'm sure he will get a go soon.

AK looked every bit the very good AFL player returning via the VFL yesterday. It's the first time I've seen it in him, obviously through no fault of his (the injury).

I'll be very surprised if he's not given a crack in the 1's this season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If I remember rightly he was tearing it up in the preseason last year beofre he went down with his knee.

I hope he gets a game soon and does something because I just need something to look forward to when I go watch us play.

Like many its becoming a chore to turn up and watch this drivel lately.

But like a sucker I will be there every week we play in Melbourne and getting more and more frustrated by the week.

The membership feels more a more like a charity donation each year, no real joy in watching our mob except for the odd miracle game.

The membership feels more a more like a charity donation each year, no real joy in watching our mob except for the odd miracle game.

That's probably the worst thing.. I would have got nothing out of us beating Bulldogs or Port, however we lose and now I'm as frustrated as ever.

There have been two games I've gone to in the last 2 years where I was genuinely excited about winning, they were against Essendon and Geelong.

Would have been more if we were able to get up in close ones against Essendon this year, Sydney, saints and even Carlton last year..

That's probably the worst thing.. I would have got nothing out of us beating Bulldogs or Port, however we lose and now I'm as frustrated as ever.

There have been two games I've gone to in the last 2 years where I was genuinely excited about winning, they were against Essendon and Geelong.

Would have been more if we were able to get up in close ones against Essendon this year, Sydney, saints and even Carlton last year..

That's the thing we manage to pull out 1-2 great victories for the year, get peoples hopes up and then fall to bits.

After cooling down after yesterday's abysmal performance I have come to the realization that our midfield is still a good 2-3 years off being up to the level. Too many young blokes that need time to develop into genuine midfielders.

The worrying thing is that some of the older players are now setting a bad example, yes Boomer I am talking about you!

Enough of the sooking, head dropping and tantrums and do what a good leader is suppose to do, lead with your actions! Even if your struggling to get a kick you can still have a presence by laying a shepherd, block or tackle. FFS even positive body language would be a good start. As soon as Cornes went to him on the weekend you could see he had dropped the head.

He should be ashamed right now about when he potted a couple of players on radio a few years back because he is now the bloke that is letting the club down.

But back on topic........

Please give us something to hope for Ayden!!!!

Ayden is a very good chance of a late season debut. Watched him all year in the VFL and absolutely love how he goes about it. He's a great size, at 192cm, but I personally don't think he will ever be a KPD at AFL level, would prefer him as that 3rd tall option, using his elite pace to drive his run out of the back 50. Ayden (20) & Cameron Delaney (19), really offer an exciting partnership in our future back 6, love the idea of them both having both possessing very attacking game styles for defenders, with no fear of taking the game on. Looking forward to watching him tomorrow in the Foxtel Cup.

If you’d asked North Melbourne development coach John Lamont two weeks ago where Ayden Kennedy plays his best football, he’d have said ‘as a forward’.

But now, he’s not so sure.

“He’s taken huge steps in the right direction down back,” Lamont told kangaroos.com.au immediately following Werribee’s disappointing 45-point loss to Bendigo on Saturday afternoon.

“My gut feel a fortnight ago was he’s probably a better forward, but with his size, speed, lateral movement and his ability to kick the ball well, he’s got a lot of attributes that are pretty handy in the back half.”

Despite the defeat, Kennedy played his role well and was a shining light on an otherwise gloomy day for the Tigers at Windy Hill.

Read more: http://www.kangaroos.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/4912/newsid/139366/default.aspx

Will be a dark horse next year.

On an unrelated matter, we should chemically castrate who ever our talent scouts and recruiters were between 2002 and 2007.

On topic, good on him, always been interested at what this kid is capable of and maybe can establish himself.

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #36: Ayden Kennedy - delisted at the end of the 2013 season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back