Past #36: Shannon Watt - drafted at #14 in '97 ND - 155 games - 0 Brownlow votes - original whipping boy

Do you agree with the 'Watt' decision?

• Yes

Votes: 23 53.5%
  • No

Votes: 20 46.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

We gave a bloke who spent a year on the list and played a total of 3 games a farewell game. What does that say about our culture?

That was a disgrace also, I disagreed with that as well.

I can't believe we give the likes of Shannon Watt and Jade Rawlings farewell games but Laidley refused to give one to a champion like Corey Mckernan.

Something is wrong with that mentality.

Safe to assume you agree with everything that has happened though?

Your stance is that the clubs always right as usual, yeah?

All good bellzy, all we need to do is look at how many people have bagged him in this thread. Says it all.

All the best to him this week and in the future.
I'm sure Q doesn't mean to disrespect him, as far as I've seen he's as good a supporter as there is out there.

We all have our pet hates I guess.

Either way, Watta gave his all and that's all anyone can ask from any bloke that plays for North.

Jade Rawlings didn't deserve one. I guess it had alot to do with the fact we played his old team in his home state that got him a farewell game

Shannon Watt is a life member and deserves a farewell game

Corey McKernan played the last 4 games of the 2004 season, surely one of these would have been his farewell game.

Jade Rawlings didn't deserve one. I guess it had alot to do with the fact we played his old team in his home state that got him a farewell game

Shannon Watt is a life member and deserves a farewell game

Corey McKernan played the last 4 games of the 2004 season, surely one of these would have been his farewell game.

Shows how closely you follow North..

Corey Mckernan was on our list for all of 2005.

Laidley refused to play him in late 2005, despite good form in the VFL.

Everyone knows how lucky Shannon Watt is to be a life member, at no stage in his career was he any more than a fringe player.

Does not matter which way you look at that, to have a career that long being nothing more than fringe player, you should consider yourself lucky.

Had a charmed run in his career and having a charmed retirment.

No idea why, does not deserve it.

Great bloke, great servant of the club for 11 years, therefore deserves a farewell gig, at least he knew the time was right and he put the club and the up and comers first. :thumbsu:
surely Harro and jonesy must know their time is up also.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shows how closely you follow North..

Corey Mckernan was on our list for all of 2005.

Laidley refused to play him in late 2005, despite good form in the VFL.

Everyone knows how lucky Shannon Watt is to be a life member, at no stage in his career was he any more than a fringe player.

Does not matter which way you look at that, to have a career that long being nothing more than fringe player, you should consider yourself lucky.

Had a charmed run in his career and having a charmed retirment.

No idea why, does not deserve it.

Coming from the bloke who only comes on Bigfooty to post about Watt, Power or Laidley. Do you even know the names of anyone else on our list?

You should watch the Shannon Watt interview on Rootube.

Players bbq, led from the front.

I agree with crazy. Average player but he played for North so I hope his future is rosier than a rosebed full of roses in the middle of the rose season.

Will never forget that soft **** Lloyd scragging Watt from behind after being beaten in a marking contest, resulting in Shannon smashing his head on the turf and convulsions.

All the best Shannon :thumbsu:

That was one of the most sickening incidents I have seen on a footy field.

The convulsions, or what Lloyd did?

What did Lloyd do? When?

The convulsions.

Round 1 2001, North vs Essendon, Friday Night at the G.

Shannon Watt went up for a mark and Lloyd pulled on Watt's jumper around the neck, Shannon hit the ground hard and starting convulsing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #36: Shannon Watt - drafted at #14 in '97 ND - 155 games - 0 Brownlow votes - original whipping boy

Back