Past #36: Shannon Watt - drafted at #14 in '97 ND - 155 games - 0 Brownlow votes - original whipping boy

Do you agree with the 'Watt' decision?

• Yes

Votes: 23 53.5%
  • No

Votes: 20 46.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour hit the radio the next day that the "concussion test" went something like this:
Doc: What year is it?
Watto: 2001
Doc: Who is the Prime Minister?
Watto: John Howard
Doc: Who is Leader of the Opposition?
Watto: James Hird

Carey was asked to confirm it a couple of weeks later and suggested it was an urban myth, but Eddie insisted it was true. :thumbsu:

Fair go; what has happened to this forum? I thought this thread was about Shannon Watt?

I reckon the rot set in around the Gold Coast move and it hasn't improved since. Pre Gold Coast you could come on here, offer an opinion, have a laugh and move on. Not anymore by the looks of it all.

Someone offers an opinion and its on for young and old to attack and have a go at each other.

Remember, we all barrack for the same team, be respectful to each other.

Anyway, good on you for giving your all over the years Watter. I remember being at the final 98 training session and seeing you get a bake off one of the assistants. I still reckon, you should have been given a run up forward, but its all over now. Good luck for Sunday.

Gaso

Fair go; what has happened to this forum? I thought this thread was about Shannon Watt?

I reckon the rot set in around the Gold Coast move and it hasn't improved since. Pre Gold Coast you could come on here, offer an opinion, have a laugh and move on. Not anymore by the looks of it all.

Someone offers an opinion and its on for young and old to attack and have a go at each other.

Remember, we all barrack for the same team, be respectful to each other.

Anyway, good on you for giving your all over the years Watter. I remember being at the final 98 training session and seeing you get a bake off one of the assistants. I still reckon, you should have been given a run up forward, but its all over now. Good luck for Sunday.

Gaso

:rolleyes: It's on here as well! Two threads at once where we are eating each other up. I thought the Tigers were bad!

Gaso

Yep. Much better Watt gets a farewell game than Matt Riggio get a game. In all seriousness..... Surely Crocker is just doing this to get back at the club for not getting the head job.
Well, with nearly 150 games, would you say that Shannon `made it' as an AFL footballer?
I say `NO', but that's just me.
I still can't get over the fact he was Laidley's preferred option over Scott Thompson. What was Laidley watching??????

Flowers, guys, not trainwrecks.

All good bellzy, all we need to do is look at how many people have bagged him in this thread. Says it all.

I'll go with that.

Well done, Watty. All the best, mate. Thanks for your contribution to our sen-f***ing-sational football club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geeze never realised how many ***** support this club.

Thanks for the service Shannon, enjoyed watching your career unfold and appreciated your discipline to get the best out of yourself - no mean feat. Good luck for the future.

Show a bit of dignity guys.

Well done Shannon and lets hope we can give u the send off you deserve.You have given your all to this great club and good luck in your future after football.Well done North Melb and lets knock off the saints.

Congrats and thanks for your efforts for the mighty NMFC over the years Shannon :thumbsu:

I'd kill to have played one game for this club. Well done mate :applauds:
That in many ways says it all. What each of us would give to have played just one game.

Shannon has played over 150 games and in my opinion was for the most part a very good contributor to the cause. Good luck Shannon in your last game for our club.

Forgive me if I'm mistaken, but was there a year where Watt was the only player in the AFL to play every minute of every game?
2003. But yeh Shannon Watt. Um the steal against the dogs last year was a ripper. Goodluck to him. Glen Archer is what NorthMelbourne is all about. Shannon Watt was an average player, tho serviceable at best but did what Dean Laidley liked, which wasn necessarily what the NMFC liked and didn work out too well for him. But Hes played for our club, we support him in what he does and all the best to him. Perfect way to sum Watt up. Put it this way. If your were in a footy brawl, besides your best mate- Shannon Watt would be the first bloke there backin ya up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #36: Shannon Watt - drafted at #14 in '97 ND - 155 games - 0 Brownlow votes - original whipping boy

Back