Player Watch #37: Cooper Harvey - signs 1yr extension - Roo til end 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Brent was relentless in his training as a footballer. No one worked harder in the gym and at training like he did.

It's because of that work ethic he was able to be the player he was and still play at a high standard when reaching 400 games.

Cooper will have to bring that energy if wants to reach the heights his father did......talent alone won't cut it.

Do you want to be Nathan or Gary Ablett jr?

Are you Brent Harvey's son or Shane Harvey's nephew?

The good thing is it's entirely up to him.

Just wanted to chuck out there that one of the things I've been surprised with regarding Cooper is how natural he looks as a genuine onballer.

This is not to say he's a top tier onballer by any means, but he definitely does not look out of place and has some genuinely solid stoppage craft with his body work, hands under pressure and toughness.

Do I think he'll be a full time onballer at the next level? No - but I think he's one you can chuck in there for 3-4 minutes stints in quarters and know he'll put in good work.

The Knights got smacked tonight but there was one play in the last quarter where Cooper reminded me of Boomer's run. He gathered the ball in the centre, took on his opponent, and passed it off, then worked his butt off to get to the half-forward flank to get the receiving ball. Unfortunately he was impinged on and the ball was knocked out without receiving the free.

A
The Knights got smacked tonight but there was one play in the last quarter where Cooper reminded me of Boomer's run. He gathered the ball in the centre, took on his opponent, and passed it off, then worked his butt off to get to the half-forward flank to get the receiving ball. Unfortunately he was impinged on and the ball was knocked out without receiving the free.
Apart from the result how did he do?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What position in draft is he expected to go?

I’m going to make an educated guess that we estimated him to be about 2nd round and part of the reason we included our 2nd round pick in the CCJ/Tarrant Trade.

I also have this sick feeling that the AFL will finally grant us a priority pick end of first round and some club will bid on Cooper around pick 17/18 😂😂

I’m going to make an educated guess that we estimated him to be about 2nd round and part of the reason we included our 2nd round pick in the CCJ/Tarrant Trade.

I also have this sick feeling that the AFL will finally grant us a priority pick end of first round and some club will bid on Cooper around pick 17/18 😂😂
ohh thatd be ****in right wouldn't it, i could see it

If he keeps this form up shaping up to be this years Josh Ward and rocket into first round contention from no where.

We trade out the said PP?

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #37: Cooper Harvey - signs 1yr extension - Roo til end 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Back