Player Watch #37 Kaelan Bradtke

Remove this Banner Ad

reckon we're wasting his potential by not letting him punch darts and sink some tinnies at half time, hes the type of player that could benefit from that rather than the pseudo science strength and conditioning farce they have going on these days
You’re showing your age my friend. 😂

Wonder if he gets extended or delisted, has some solid attributes

Season Stats:

16 games (missed 4 or 5 due to injury)
25g.18b (5.1 in the first game)
3marks per game
9 disposals pg

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Season Stats:

3marks per game
9 disposals pg

No way he should be delisted

Needs a proper full preseason and adapt to the team and game style
athletically he is great and 195cm 97kgs he is physically ready and just 22 years old

Need to give him a 2 year deal to know what he can become

Season Stats:

3marks per game
9 disposals pg

How does that compare to Larkey - he had 2 AFL games in his first year and none in his second - I wonder how many VFL goals he kicked those two years

Bradtke pretty much walked into the VFL team off playing country footy
big step up to VFL off limited training

He is very raw and looks like at times wasnt upto speed with the game plan and at times looked lumbering and not always alert or active when the ball wasnt in his area. Kind of reminded me of the way the FF used to play 20 years ago

These are area's he will improve in the n ext 12-24 months and hopefully be a weapon

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cannot believe any of you flogs have not bumped this thread up yet with the fantastic running goal Kaelan kicked

It's a ripper goal for a big bloke but I'd rather see a strong contested mark from him tbh. He's already built like Hawkins but seems to have hands like busted tennis racquets.

It's a ripper goal for a big bloke but I'd rather see a strong contested mark from him tbh. He's already built like Hawkins but seems to have hands like busted tennis racquets.
Things to work on but you can never get a bloke like Hawkins to run like that and burn off HBF like bradtke in the clip

Richmond has informed rookie Kaelan Bradtke that he will not be offered a contract for the 2024 AFL season.

Bradtke, 22, officially joined the Club in February this year as part of the AFL’s Supplemental Selection Period.

The key forward started the season with a five-goal haul against the Northern Bullants and two against Coburg in the opening rounds before a broken hand ruled him out for a month.

Bradtke finished the season with 24 goals from 16 VFL appearances. He did not play a game at senior level.

Richmond General Manager, Football Talent Blair Hartley thanked Bradtke for his efforts across the year.

“We would like to thank Kaelan for his dedication to our football program since he began training with us late last year,” he said.

“Kaelan gave us everything he could, but unfortunately, at this time of year, we need to make changes to our list. We wish him all the best for his future pursuits on and off the field.”

Not being in the day to day grind of it will be interesting to hear why. I thought he deserved a crack but I was more looking through the eyes of desperation for someone to help Jack.
Wonder if we have someone locked away

Remove this Banner Ad

Back