Player Watch #38 Noah Cumberland - Delisted

Remove this Banner Ad

He was the type of player we needed to release from his defensive requirements and let him run amok kicking 3-4 a game.
The problem is who stops his man intercepting everything, and could he kick 3-4...probably not.
Delisting is the right move, but would love to see another club give him a go and a licence too for the entertainment value.

We will regret this. Never gave him consistent opportunities after his breakout season. Its almost like everyone wanted him to fail bevause they focused on his weaknesses not his strengths. All we wanted to play was defensive forwards in a bottom of the ladder team.
The only regret was Noah wasn't delisted earlier.

He was the type of player we needed to release from his defensive requirements and let him run amok kicking 3-4 a game.
The problem is who stops his man intercepting everything, and could he kick 3-4...probably not.
Delisting is the right move, but would love to see another club give him a go and a licence too for the entertainment value.
Type of player that needed good players around him to draw the heat so he could play freely. Problem is that luxury is afforded to players with serious talent only. Opposing sides put a good player on him this year and he had no chance, didn't help that the players that might have drawn the heat like Lynch were out and he was along side Kosi, Ryan etc.

Godo player with a heap of talent. But also a heap of limitations. A poor man's Dusty as a forward, and that's it. A poor man's Dusty is still AFL quality though.

We are almost certain to pick player/s who'll fill that medium forward role better than Cumbo.

Not sure, but I suspect he'll get picked up. Obvious talent, might do well at another club. Probably the Bomber, they love a good tiger reject.

Feel for cumbo , I don’t say it lightly but dimma ruined what we had. He was a pure offensive beast and dimma hated him for it . Rather than harness what we had he was derided for what he lacked . Sadly the young bloke couldn’t find the balance and ultimately his innate strengths eroded to the point he had little to offer. all the best cumbo for the future

Feel for cumbo , I don’t say it lightly but dimma ruined what we had. He was a pure offensive beast and dimma hated him for it . Rather than harness what we had he was derided for what he lacked . Sadly the young bloke couldn’t find the balance and ultimately his innate strengths eroded to the point he had little to offer. all the best cumbo for the future
Professional athlete is paid to adapt, his lack of application to do so, told us more about his intent than anything else.

Cumberland definitely had an attitude problem.

And his biggest flaw is he lacked accountability. On and off the field. On field, he didn't chase or tackle, or follow up with defensive efforts for a long portion of his career.

Off field, he lackes accountability. When deficiencies and areas of improvement in his game were highlighted, instead of saying 'yep, I'll work on them', he spat the dummy and sooked because he wasn't being picked at AFL level.

You'd be blind to say he didn't have an attitude problem based on several games where his poor attirude and body language shone through.
His biggest flaw is that he could only kick, and handball on his left hand side. If you're one sided, you have to be exceptionally skilled in all other facets of the game an he wasnt. It wouldnt take long for defenders to work out how to force him onto his right side when he got possession. He has skill and smarts...but not enough, considering that fault.

Yep, I hear you.
Just trying to find a way to salvage something from the wreckage. I was thinking of the running back role Rioli plays, particularly the speed aspect. Not sure many others on that list have that, although they may have many other attributes Cumbo does not have.
You make a good comparison with Rioli. People forget that Rioli was only an average forward before he became a really good defender. I would have liked to see Cumberland do short bursts in the midfield to help him keep focused

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Elton Johns Wig finally knifed this guy after bagging him out for 10 years. Just sayin'.......
Deez Nuts GIF

Dimma ruined what we had? Dimma hated him for it.
Wow.
System based game plan. Pretty simple really and Cumbo just couldn’t or didn’t want to handle it.
That Melb game where he kicked 3 in Q1 then Hibbert had 25 touches on him and was bog pretty much summed him up.
I liked Cumbo and was keen for him to succeed…but he didn’t.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #38 Noah Cumberland - Delisted

Remove this Banner Ad

Back