Player Watch #38 Noah Cumberland

Remove this Banner Ad

The man is a god damn prodigy. Hail the messiah, the god, the prince. Welcome through Noah Godland.

You see the way he crashes through tackles and actually pulls it off whereas MJ is the pretender who gets run down and called for holding the ball.

Played tonight like he has in the VFL, had an impact when opportunity presented, but then went quiet and wasn't involved as much once the Pies got the game back on their terms, then got back involved when we tried to mount a late charge. Should hold his spot next week when Martin Hopper and possibly Short return, but he needs that ability to be involved when things aren't on our terms otherwise we're carrying a passenger.

7 disposals 5 kicks 2 handballs
0 tackles
0 goals
in half a game of football

He was lively but thats what you expect when he is the "Fresh Legs" that gets subbed in when the other players have already played a half
Nothing Special game

(Log in to remove this ad.)

0 tackles
0 goals

He was lively but thats what you expect when he is the "Fresh Legs" that gets subbed in when the other players have already played a half
Nothing Special game

Seemed to be better structurally when the ball was up at the wings, which is seemingly what he’s gone back to the AFL to work on, and had that impact on the initial burst.

Seemed to get out of position on a few occasions as well however, and his man was able to start a few counter-attacks which led to scores.

It’s a work in progress no doubt. Whether he retains his spot when Hopper, Dusty and Short come back we shall see. There’s no doubt he’s best 22 on talent alone, but it’s all about how he fits into the overall team structure.

0 tackles
0 goals

Nothing Special game
Nice try Kane

0 tackles

0 goals

Nothing Special game

Are you kidding right? Maybe you should watch the game again.

Some of Cumbo's defensive efforts were very costly. Has the makings of a good player but jeez he lets his man run wild.

That's it mate, he does as much wrong - seriously wrong - as he does beautifully.

Waiting for the footy to come over the back in marking contests where they easily escape out the front because he didn't contest, allowing whoever played on him to become a spare man at will, repeat failures to lock the ball in, complete stranger to defensive running - just as you say, costly basics (and he was hardly alone there of course).

He's got talent to burn and I love watching him play, he's a born gun, but we already leak all the defensive things he leaks with other forwards and in the end the question becomes: how many of these 'boom or easy rebound bust' types can you afford to play across half forward, especially when you're already getting beaten all over the ground?

Jack leaks around the same level, as does Dusty on his worse games and they're all a like for like swap, but you can't play all of them unless you've got a dominant midfield and win enough contested ball to make up for all the times they'll be easily rebounded against.

Remind me again whats his role in the team ????

Kick goals you say ??
Foward pressure ??

I didnt see any of that

so tell me again what did he do ?
what about his opponent ?
Cumberland literally turned the game for us (like he has in past last year) and you will still find a negative. Unbelievable. Makes me wonder you dont want to see richmond improve

Cumberland literally turned the game for us (like he has in past last year) and you will still find a negative. Unbelievable. Makes me wonder you dont want to see richmond improve
LOL

Tell me what he did to turn the game ?
Did he lay a tackle ? or did he kick a goal ??

What did he exactly do ??

Last week Mansell came on the ground in the last quarter and immediately kicked a goal and laid a tackle
what did Cumberland do to change the game or have an impact

LOL

Last week Mansell came on the ground in the last quarter and immediately kicked a goal and laid a tackle

Some serious mental gymnastics here.

Our first two goals in the third quarter he was directly responsible for.

LOL

Bro, don’t be a gaslighting Kane Cornes
You really are sounding like a proper fwit atm

Player Watch #38 Noah Cumberland

Remove this Banner Ad

Back