Past #39: Leigh Harding - selected with #13 in 2000 RD - retired at end of 2010 season - coaches at BL

Is Harding the new Arnold Briedis?

• Yes, he is the new Briedis

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • No, he's not the new Arnie

Votes: 6 46.2%
  • His goalkicking reminds me of the great Arnie Briedis

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • He is ruggedly handsome like Arnie!

Votes: 2 15.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Neither. Assuming both had to play, I'd put Watt on the third tall and Harding on a forward flank. And ask them to play to the utmost best of their ability for every second they were on the ground or they were gone.

I have to laugh, Harding's 'pass' to Thompson on Saturday night was a point from five meters out any other time...but put him fifty metres out and what to you know, we get a goal.

Anyway, atm. I think Wells and Stevo are our starting wingers, with a Simpson/Harro/Firrito/Rawlings/Grant/Boomer/Wells/Arch rotation in the guts.

I'd like to see the Skull at least rotated through a wing. He's hard at the contest, finds plenty of the footy and has decent disposal. Kicked a nice sausage roll from 50 the other night. Wouldn't mind seeing more of that.

jimmy james said:
wouldnt want either but if i had too i would put watt there because he has pace and heaps better kick than harding

Heaps better kick! Unfortunately, I reckon Watt's kicking is as bad as anyone we have. His field kicking is ordinary in my opinion. I'd trust Harding having a shot at goal or hitting a team mate over Watt anyday....which doesn't say much for Watt :eek:

For the sake of Harding's career, I'd like to see him given a run further up the ground.

Re: Engine Room running on two cylinders

Archer_11 said:
I think Wells and Stevo are our starting wingers, with a Simpson/Harro/Firrito/Rawlings/Grant/Boomer/Wells/Arch rotation in the guts.

Agreed. Giving Arch the green light to play as an attacking midfieler ie: the Pies game, is something that I envisage will give our forwards more opportunities to have a better game. Leaving Harding out wide and open. We have a handy select group here that it amazes me that we can't DRILL opposition teams by HT let alone have a BIG win :mad: can it be the current gameplan that doesn't allow this ?

:mad:

Neither. Both should have their papers stamped 'Never to be allowed inside Arden Street again'

Callum Urch (when he gets over his hammie) should be given a chance in the side. Has footy nouse and a bit of mongrel about him (remember Sydney game last year)

Archer_11 said:
Neither. Assuming both had to play, I'd put Watt on the third tall and Harding on a forward flank. And ask them to play to the utmost best of their ability for every second they were on the ground or they were gone.

I have to laugh, Harding's 'pass' to Thompson on Saturday night was a point from five meters out any other time...but put him fifty metres out and what to you know, we get a goal.

Anyway, atm. I think Wells and Stevo are our starting wingers, with a Simpson/Harro/Firrito/Rawlings/Grant/Boomer/Wells/Arch rotation in the guts.

Was that the left foot "pass" that went up in the air and offline in the last 1/4, Archer 11? Thommo managed to race out and mark it. Talk about laugh :D

Laidley & co. are kidding themselves if they think either Watt or Harding will be senior players of the futrue for the NMFC. I reckon Laidley is living on Fantasy Island sometimes. Next thing you know, we'll be hearing, "Selection 1437, Tattoo, Fantasy Island." And then Slug Jordan will chime in with, "Yeah, Tattoo has become a lot more disciplined. He's had a hair-cut...." Imagine Tattoo in the blue & white stripes charging out from full-back breaking the lines. Screaming out, "The ball!! The ball!!"

Devil Fish said:
Laidley & co. are kidding themselves if they think either Watt or Harding will be senior players of the futrue for the NMFC. I reckon Laidley is living on Fantasy Island sometimes. Next thing you know, we'll be hearing, "Selection 1437, Tattoo, Fantasy Island." And then Slug Jordan will chime in with, "Yeah, Tattoo has become a lot more disciplined. He's had a hair-cut...." Imagine Tattoo in the blue & white stripes charging out from full-back breaking the lines. Screaming out, "The ball!! The ball!!"

You might be onto something there Devil Fish. Tattoo would have been the match up from hell for opposition coaches had he played AFL football. How would you go about tackling the guy? Problem is Tattoo committed hari-kari a few years back.

This was as good an effort from him...(that shocking missed mark aside) as ive seen since the goals at Kardinia Park....with someone on here saying they asked Dean about him and he membled "how many chances does a bloke need" or something to that affect....Im wondering if he was told last chance apply pressure or your gone....??
Did anyone else think this was near his best effort thus far for us?

Did enough to hold his spot, but he has a habit of having a good game here and there and then not going on with it. Next week against the Tigers will be key for him to string some good games together.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Refulgent ROO said:
This was as good an effort from him...(that shocking missed mark aside) as ive seen since the goals at Kardinia Park....with someone on here saying they asked Dean about him and he membled "how many chances does a bloke need" or something to that affect....Im wondering if he was told last chance apply pressure or your gone....??
Did anyone else think this was near his best effort thus far for us?

Yes, right, understood, I think,:confused:

Ok l had a typo....that you took the time to point out but not add a comment or observation thanks very little......
PS: l never proof read so you can continue to pick up my faults if you feel inclined. If that makes you feel somehow better

Tas said:
So what is the excuse with Petrie?

C'mon Tas, you've been watching North for so long that it's quite obvious
Petrie is one of JYD's PET players. read my lips.

CAN DO NO WRONG :eek:

So Turtle 'extracted' this week eh ? how many sharp things can you fit up one's posterior anyway ?

Re: Trade Bait List

Bren said:
good game for turtle today, best as a roo... needs to be more conistent week in week out

as if that happens in fairytales. Pffft ! I've put him in my TRADE BAIT LIST >> this week his stocks have proven to be some value left, back it up with 8 or more efforts like you tell us and I'll consider taking him OFF my TRADE BAIT LIST. Have PETRIE, WATT, WATSON and BAIRD marked down so far with HARDING.

Woodson said:

So Turtle 'extracted' this week eh ? how many sharp things can you fit up one's posterior anyway ?

Hehehe, which is why I guess he is playing ruck while Hale is warming the pine... I guess Petrie is going to be our future ruckman for the next 10 years....

Laidley is reluctant to drop him even when he has a legitimate injury, he must think blondes are more fun. :p

Seriously... if he is willing to give Petrie that kind of latitude, given he has been playing like a ******* at times, then he should not have any problems giving all players that kind of opportunity to prove themselves.

Seeing Harding run at that speed today I would imagine he is 100% over his OP, which is what kept him from doing much last year because he was caught with the ball on almost every occassion, today even Davey couldn't catch him and that is saying a lot.

If he gets some confidence back and continues to improve then that will be great. We desperately need some KPPs to stand up over the next month or so.

Woodson said:

During JYD's 3/4-time spray, Laids pin pointed Drew a number of times. Drew then went on to talk to Spider post-huddle and seemed very upset.

Tas said:
I guess Petrie is going to be our future ruckman for the next 10 years....

Heres a prediction. He'll be traded to Mork & Mindy Hill where all the Aliens live. Darky's wish will be snapped in two. 300 game player. Pffft !

Re: Dish LICKING

bReEe20 said:
During JYD's 3/4-time spray, Laids pin pointed Drew a number of times. Drew then went on to talk to Spider post-huddle and seemed very upset.

GOOD >>> get emotional >>> get MAD, play with every desperate measure his body has >>> skill wise >>> not gonna help him overnight. What is with the two step kick still ?? The one percenters is something that every player should be DOING and not left to Mr Petrie. What is up with these guys ?? not getting enough $$$ to perform ? This game was crucial to our season. I can no longer expect much when we come off a 'BIG WIN' anymore. Players are like Geelong, can't handle the pressure or can't play the HUNTER whatsoever.

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #39: Leigh Harding - selected with #13 in 2000 RD - retired at end of 2010 season - coaches at BL

Back