Past #39: Leigh Harding - selected with #13 in 2000 RD - retired at end of 2010 season - coaches at BL

Is Harding the new Arnold Briedis?

• Yes, he is the new Briedis

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • No, he's not the new Arnie

Votes: 6 46.2%
  • His goalkicking reminds me of the great Arnie Briedis

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • He is ruggedly handsome like Arnie!

Votes: 2 15.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

You are obviously taking me completely out of context...
Cochrane has nothing to do with this thread and Cochrane has nothing to do with Harding's ability to kick a goal 25 metres out directly in front...

I like the kid, but his kicking must improve, that is my criticism of him. Why is that difficult for you and some others???

From what I have seen so far in the seniors, he is a very poor kick at goal, do you not think this is the case...???

Stewart

Harding did kick 6 against the Cats, so I reckon he has off and on days. But, I reckon over time he will have more on days than off days.

Northbuoy, I would be absolutely amazed if Cochrane is playing for North next year. His time is up. I'm officially off this years Cochrane bandwagon. He was just getting in the way half the time on Friday night....

My brother and I were at the game and we both thought Harding reminded us of Fruity.

That goal he finally managed to kick was actually one of the more difficult shots he attempted too, so good on the kid for sticking at it.

Reported on 10 news tonight that Leigh Harding has not signed, they are at an impasse, and he did not train. Not good at all.
Did not mention the other three, but there was vision of Colbert training.

How many more are there uncontracted for Gawd's sake?

Originally posted by roowatch
Reported on 10 news tonight that Leigh Harding has not signed, they are at an impasse, and he did not train. Not good at all.

Probably unhappy about the fact that his bonus is based on having a conversion rate of better than 12.5%. :D

Hop to it Laidley and co and get turtle signed as he is a key youngun in Laidley's Joeys. To think that i wanted him delisted this time last year, how wrong i was...

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/common/story_page/0,8033,5468003%5E19742,00.html

Kangaroo Harding missing
12 November 2002 Herald Sun
By BRUCE MATTHEWS

OUT-of-contract forward Leigh Harding was missing when new coach Dean Laidley put the Kangaroos through a time-trial around Princes Park yesterday.

He was the only absentee. Leigh Colbert and Jess Sinclair, others yet to sign new contracts, were among the hardest workers as the Roos began 2003 preparations.

Football manager Tim Harrington said Harding had been delayed in Geelong on a personal matter and the 21-year-old goalkicker wouldn't be disciplined for his absence.

"He will be training with the group this afternoon and we have a recovery session tomorrow morning," Harrington said.

"We're all under control. It's a personal thing, so I'd rather just leave it. There's no drama there at all."

And is there no drama with..

Colbert...

Sinclair...

Smith...

Clayton...

What the **** is going on with the football department. Yes there have been some changes in staff, but surely with Harrington and Walsh more contracts should have been finalised by now.

I know I was theone spruiking yesterday that there IS often no drama in having unsigned players but the list seems to get longer every day, and one gets the nasty feeling that one will slip through the net. I just hope it is not a crucial one for our long term future.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gotta sign Lee, i think he is an exciting player who, if we can get him to kick straight, and convert more of those goal chances will be a great player for us. Starting of on 175k a year though maybe abit steep. Thought about 120k, rising to say about 150k over say 3 years as he meet certain benchmarks, ie kicking more than 30 goals first session, 35 second, 40 third?

Originally posted by Back Seat Of A Taxi
Well when his manager asks for 175g's a year no wonder we haven't signed him up yet!

It's an awkward one. He's very much a required player but $175k may be a bit much on what he's done so far. The trouble is I bet there are several teams who have already told him that they'll pay him that and therein lies the dilemma. Continue negotiations,he'll probably accept $150k with incentives.

how does anybody know how much he is asking for? i haven't heard that anywhere except this thread. is this just speculation or is that what people know that his manager has asked?
the official reason he hasn't turned up is personal reasons.

I no longer trust channel 10 after the report they ran on Grant. One day he was considering the draft, and the next day we find out that he was never going anywhere and the reason for delay was him not being in the country...
Looks like Harding is another media beat up.

Originally posted by Briedis
I have heard that Harding will sign and it was a personal reason he was not at training.

A media beat-up perhaps??

Yes i think its probably another beat up by the media. I actually asked at the club one day if one of our players knocked that thing, carolyn wilson back! She just seems to have it in for the club in a big way. Was told that there seemed to be abit of a slanted reprting done by her against the club. I remember a couple of years ago she was absolutley slamming the club about our finances, sucess, but small supporter base, and how we should merge move interstate etc, but then that stuff about, what was it, one of their young players, ie her side richmond, got caught drink driving or something like that, plus their money problems, not a word is written!! unbiased media i'd like to see that!

Originally posted by 1jasonoz

Yes i think its probably another beat up by the media. I actually asked at the club one day if one of our players knocked that thing, carolyn wilson back! She just seems to have it in for the club in a big way. Was told that there seemed to be abit of a slanted reprting done by her against the club. I remember a couple of years ago she was absolutley slamming the club about our finances, sucess, but small supporter base, and how we should merge move interstate etc, but then that stuff about, what was it, one of their young players, ie her side richmond, got caught drink driving or something like that, plus their money problems, not a word is written!! unbiased media i'd like to see that!

I think we will get a much better run with No. 18 gone. A lot of women do not like him.

I know one woman (actually more than one before anyone starts!!) who stopped following the Roos because of his extra-curricular activities.

I fear that we have another season of him getting the ball but wasting it in front of goal.

My mum could've kicked that one he missed in the first quarter.

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #39: Leigh Harding - selected with #13 in 2000 RD - retired at end of 2010 season - coaches at BL

Back