Past #39: Leigh Harding - selected with #13 in 2000 RD - retired at end of 2010 season - coaches at BL

Is Harding the new Arnold Briedis?

• Yes, he is the new Briedis

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • No, he's not the new Arnie

Votes: 6 46.2%
  • His goalkicking reminds me of the great Arnie Briedis

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • He is ruggedly handsome like Arnie!

Votes: 2 15.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

We have good a really good one here.

I think Harding could be star. I am encouraged by Sunday's game, obviously because of the 4.2, but also because I don't think he played that well to get them.

I would take Harding over Milne. Like King Corey, this is by no means a slag on Milne, but I really think Harding has massive improvement in him. He works hard on the ground defensively, which is always a good sign, and he has shown an ability to contribute goals when he is obviously out of form. There is nothing I have seen that has changed my opinion that he could be a very good full time wingman.

I reckon he will kick 8 or 9 one day, and I could see him kicking 65 in a season.

milne is good but he crumbs a lot so if supply is cut or you playhim close bye bye

as for harding his recovery skills are brilliant and pace is awesome, again he is only young and we shall see how hes going after his first milestone which i dont think he will take long to get too.

nerves would of been the better of him at the start of the season as it was one of his first games.

Harding would be a real headache to match up on. His sudden burst of pace gets him clear in a short space and then he is away with the ball.
If he works hard on his finishing skills he could turn into another Brett Allison.
I really like the way he plays. Like I said he must be very hard for opposition coaches to match up on.

Originally posted by Angus1
Harding would be a real headache to match up on. His sudden burst of pace gets him clear in a short space and then he is away with the ball.
If he works hard on his finishing skills he could turn into another Brett Allison.
I really like the way he plays. Like I said he must be very hard for opposition coaches to match up on.

Watching the tape last night, Mark Doran reported to the commentators that after listening to Thomas at 1/4 time, Andrew Thompson was given the job to run with Harding. Pretty big wrap for a 15 game player who plays off a flank.

Originally posted by speedy
He is one dimensional, hungry and only plays in one direction but he has it all before him if he commits to improving his game.

Come on mate. He had a chance to have a crack at 7 and he handballed off in the last few minutes. He also exacted a pretty good smother in the third I think it was. Can improve his tackling but you're a tad harsh.

Originally posted by windsock

Come on mate. He had a chance to have a crack at 7 and he handballed off in the last few minutes. He also exacted a pretty good smother in the third I think it was. Can improve his tackling but you're a tad harsh.

OK probably a bit hard on the hungry tag, but I stand by my other comments.
Every time he gets the ball he wants to put it under his arm have a run. He has to be smarter than that if he wants a long fruitfull career.
Has blistering speed but you never see it when chasing an opponent.

I'm a fan but the boy needs work, and I hope he realises it because we could have a star on our hands.

His career stats for games played, goals kicked and behinds kicked reads:-
19 games played 27 goals 22 behinds

Now he needs another 24 goals straight to break Locketts record of kicking 29 goals straight without a behind, hehe.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Harding definetly has my vote. Off the top of my head, i cannot remember another player who has played this well in round 18 to also be in the running...

wow i thought i remembered him playing more. It would be robbery if he doesn't get the nod then.

teague should have got it for keeping stuart dew to a couple of kicks,

and his efforts against chapman put him right up there again,

he was robbed of the nomination in the port game

Don't want to jinx it, but this week surely!!!

Well i think you have jinxed it now, some w@nker from the Bulldogs by the name of McMahon won it. What a joke. First the afl no give us money from Waverly sale, not this! :mad:

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #39: Leigh Harding - selected with #13 in 2000 RD - retired at end of 2010 season - coaches at BL

Back