Past #39: Leigh Harding - selected with #13 in 2000 RD - retired at end of 2010 season - coaches at BL

Is Harding the new Arnold Briedis?

• Yes, he is the new Briedis

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • No, he's not the new Arnie

Votes: 6 46.2%
  • His goalkicking reminds me of the great Arnie Briedis

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • He is ruggedly handsome like Arnie!

Votes: 2 15.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Wack grant down the forward line and just leave him there the entire season.... we have enough youngsters in the midfield now to cover him in there.... and we look good with them in there too

Grant as permanent FP

scottywiper said:
Sometimes Spurs you amaze me.
You have sat next to me and watched Brown for 2 years...

I thought you would have been one of those people who disagreed with me.

If we dont trade him now where do we play him? You know Laids wont drop him.

Thats not an issue with the possible sigings of Hansen, Edwards and I heard something through the grapevine that Andrew Krakouer wants to make his way too the mighty Roos. Can't see Harding getting many more games even when hes 100%, will be traded or delisted in the next 2-3 years

Leigh Harding
Fast Facts (how fast?)

Jumper No: 39
Height: 180
Weight: 85
DOB: 26/04/1981
Recruited From: Bannockburn/Geelong U18/Geelong VFL
Career Matches: 70
Career Goals: 101
2006 Home & Away Totals
Matches: 19
Goals: 22
Marks: 88
Disposals: 218
Kicks: 164

Re: 39. Leigh Harding

AFL Website 2007 Kangaroos Preview

Leigh Harding - Enters his seventh year of senior football with a reputation as a dynamic midfielder with blistering pace. However, consistency and defensive pressure are still areas of concern for Harding, who is on target to clock up 100 games for the Roos this year.

Re: 39. Leigh Harding

Still injured.

1jasonoz said he saw him doing drills at Arden St yesterday, so he looks to be recovering pretty well.

Interesting really.
With all the new recruits that can fill his position now, like Thommo2, Lightning Campbell, Albino etc, will Leigh ever play for us again?

I must admit, i have never really been a Harding fan, but i just wanted to know other's opinion's on him.

Cheers:thumbsu:

Can't see it happening.

Laidley is contracted till Round 22. Bank on it.

Previously the only other options for Hardings spot were Thurley and Sansbury.
Things have changed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Previously the only other options for Hardings spot were Thurley and Sansbury.
Things have changed.
"Ahhhh, yeaaahhhh, look, we thought Lindsay had had a great start, but maybe it was time for him to back to the twos and get some experience in some different roles. Looookkkkk, *exhales* Leigh has trained hard and put in the hard work, plus he kicked two for North Ballarat on Saturday and lead up well..."

"Ahhhh, yeaaahhhh, look, we thought Lindsay had had a great start, but maybe it was time for him to back to the twos and get some experience in some different roles. Looookkkkk, *exhales* Leigh has trained hard and put in the hard work, plus he kicked two for North Ballarat on Saturday and lead up well..."

Uncanny.

Were you picking something on your face and cleaning your ear with your finger as you wrote that?

Told his recovery has been well above expectation and he could be ready late this year - about round 18 so might have a run in the twos before season's end.
Hard to see him playing again for us - would have to be one on the flick list at the end of the season.

Lmao, thats actually quite good :D

Nope. His biggest weapon has always been his pace, but after suffering from OP in the past and now this knee reco I can't imagine he will ever regain full pace. That, as well as the emergence of Thomas and co make him rather redundant.

Nope. His biggest weapon has always been his pace, but after suffering from OP in the past and now this knee reco I can't imagine he will ever regain full pace. That, as well as the emergence of Thomas and co make him rather redundant.
A shame really. Looked so promising for so long. At nearly 25 now, I can't really see how he could improve anymore, and, as you say, with the lost pace, not much use for him anymore.

I honestly am surprised that harding is still on our list..

should have been traded long ago, has never delivered and can't see it happening now, put him in a package with brown for a top ten draft pick!!!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #39: Leigh Harding - selected with #13 in 2000 RD - retired at end of 2010 season - coaches at BL

Back