3rd 3Mobile Test Australia v West Indies @ WACA (Wed - Sun) (Tea Day 4 - Result)

Remove this Banner Ad

That was also down to the WI bowling and the pitch.

Amazing the amount of people that bag the hell out of a pitch after the first couple of days, only for it to end in a great finish. The same thing happened in the Adelaide Ashes test in '06/'07, look how that turned out.

People criticizing the pitch seriously have no idea at all. Sorry, but they just don't.

That would have been most gratifying ,the clown has no redeeming feature.:eek:

I'd respect a "clown" more than someone who wishes that another person be hit with a cricket back because of a celebration.

You have to love the people crying about how disrespectful and disgraceful it is, but then they turn around and say they wish undeserved harm on others.

CA and the WACA are pleased to announce that entry to Day 5 of the Third 3 mobile Test Match will be free of charge. :thumbsu:

West Indies to win it tommorow 51 runs not many to get, only 8-10 big hits will do it

... From two tailenders :confused:
You sir are a flog, backed up by many other posts by yourself in this thread.
On a day 5 wicket which is turning you're dreaming if you think they will hit 8-10 cleanly for 6, which is what your figure requires.
If they do win it will be through bad bowling combined with some dicey shots coming off.
A tenth wicket partnership this large being made on day five would have to be almost unprecedented (?)

Edgbaston MK II?

Probably not, but I think a WI win is needed to wake the Aussies up. Very hollow victory coming up I think though.

... From two tailenders :confused:
You sir are a flog, backed up by many other posts by yourself in this thread.
On a day 5 wicket which is turning you're dreaming if you think they will hit 8-10 cleanly for 6, which is what your figure requires.
If they do win it will be through bad bowling combined with some dicey shots coming off.
A tenth wicket partnership this large being made on day five would have to be almost unprecedented (?)

i remember a 98/99 grade final here at this very ground between Bayswater-Morley V Midland-Guildford where Mulder and Garnaut scored 177 runs in the last wicket stand.

Mulder and team mate Matt Garnaut put together a record breaking 177 run, 10th wicket partnership in Bayswater-Morley's second innings. Mulder and Garnaut, leading Bayswater Morley to a 1-wicket victory

not saying it will happen, but weirder things have happened in the past

I recall 1982-83 when Australia needed 74 runs for victory in Melbourne with only Border and Thomson as the crease. Okay, Border was a lot better batsman than the 2 West Indian tail enders, but nobody thought Australia were a chance either. They threw the gates open and those who turned up saw a thriller with England gettting up by 3 runs.

I also think the West Indies can do it (I hope not), but the biggest worry for them is if they start getting within 20 runs batting like tail enders, they suddenly start trying to bat like batsmen. They must play their natural game at all times, no matter how close they get.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Considering the 30 runs the last two put on last night, I have my doubts. They are not clueless with the bat like most tail enders. They have nothing to lose either - if the bowlers don't treat them with respect, who knows what could happen.

australia will win by 13 runs

because thats the amount of runs the key partnerships of clint mckay, nathan hauritz and doug e bollinger contributed on the morning of day 4 for the 9th and 10th wickets :p

australia bowled all over the place last night.

mind you it was a 35 degree day in perth and they bowled 80 overs already

Yeah, I was wondering about that. It's okay for a captain standing in the slips to say "Yeah, another 8 overs tacked on to see if we can finish it off tonight", but if you asked the bowlers, they may have prefered to go in early and start afresh today.

We knew Johnson wasn't well, we suspect Hauritz wasn't as he went off anyway, Dougy was looking extremely tired, etc. I just don't think the welfare of bowlers are ever considered by captains looking for an extra day on the golf course.

You just did.

Personally i think it will be over pretty early. Australia by 46 runs.

what if the margin is whittled down to single digits?

other than my prediction of 13 because of the heroic contributions on day 4 by hauritz, mckay and bollinger with the bat. australia will win by 8

why 8? because thats how many runs the windies needed on the first innings to avoid the follow on in the first place!

bottom line is: its been a top test match.

its been a while since theres been as close a test match in australia. usually australia win by at least 150. imagine if the windies whittled the deficit to 30, or 20. they'd be nails getting chewed i can tell you that.

if its a boxing match, there would be no knockout in the first round (ala danny green vs roy jones jr), it would be points decision to australia. but one of the judges would have scored more points for the west indies

Also I went to the WACA yesterday and will be going today. In terms of viewing the game, the WACA has to be one of the worst arena's in Australia. I felt like a cooked egg out there yesterday. And by estimation I reckon the ground was about 15% covered in shade. Yes I put on my sunscreen and hat, but its simply not good enough. Would love to see more cover, especially on the grass banks, as from what I could tell yesterday, everyone was trying to get into the shade.

I love my cricket, but getting sunburnt is no fun.

I went yesterday, was in the sun all day on the west bank...and didn't get sunburnt...Sunscreen is my friend :)

Remove this Banner Ad

3rd 3Mobile Test Australia v West Indies @ WACA (Wed - Sun) (Tea Day 4 - Result)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back