3rd Test: Australia vs South Africa, Newlands, March 1-5

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yes lets give them cred for losing by 245 runs ...awesome effort

Batting out over 4 sessions after losing 3/15 is pretty impressive.

Lot more fight than most teams could put up

I did not account for the Perth fans, haha.
I love it when it's freezing during an Ashes tour. Go to the footy rugged up in my jacket and guernsey and hopefully see a Doggies win/cracking neutral game, then sit wrapped in a blanket/in bed/with the heater cranked up watching Test cricket and watching the Pommy crowds struggle with the heat :p
Do have a wood fireplace for heat here mind you, and that is magnificent! Have to make sure not to let out the occasional YES! or PISS OFF YOUR OUT! lest you wake the house mind you!

Wow! Missed all that, was asleep!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pretty good. When Philander was given not out and the reasoning hadn't been explained. Clarke is telling Philander to stop getting treatment because apparently he didn't get hit on the hand and then Steyn trying to explain and Clarke telling him to **** off etc. :p

Wow! Missed all that! (was asleep).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Missed it too, I'll be disappointed in the cricket world if it's not on YouTube later

How do you guys hear clearly from stump mike.

Watching on foxtrel I couldn't hear much cause the stump sound wasn't up high and the dumb commentators keep talking over it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This was just great Test-match cricket. And South Africa have finally been conquered. For the first time in five years. It needed a man on knees that need surgery to bowl two sensational deliveries in the end. That's how difficult it has been to beat South Africa. And we all knew there was only one team that could do it. It had gone missing for a while. We were just waiting for that team to come back and do it. Welcome back, Australia.

Gotta say, got the hairs up reading this.

Gotta say, got the hairs up reading this.
Couldn't agree with that more. Brilliant match, brilliant series, brilliant team and individual efforts on both sides.
And for the first time in 5 years, South Africa are knocked off their perch by that trademark Australian blend of intimidation, arrogance and, most of all, just sheer execution of a plan. Lost our way a little bit at PE, but absolutely clinical through the Ashes and at Centurion and Cape Town.

ReasonableTediousAmericanblackvulture.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back