List Mgmt. #4 Dustin Martin Contract Talk - 7 MORE YEARS

Remove this Banner Ad

Not to mention the fact that it would be a huge story and he would have broken it 6 weeks ago.

Find it hard to believe he only just found out that happened given his connections and support of the kangaroos

this.

every single afl media organization would be watching dustins moves to see who he meets with and where.

If hed met with norfs leadership group he must have dug a hole through cotchins damn bathroom all the way to arden street in order to keep it a secret.

Martin met with GWS last contract, didn't he?

Whatever, I don't care. Someone just @ me when he stays / leaves.
In September after we were knocked out of the elimination final. Ling Jon went to the Pies mid season for a look and copped heaps of flack even from his own club.

I call BS on Dusty going to lol@norf after round 17, it would have been the hottest of hot rumours, even clown phillyPhill didn't post it

Is the offer real or verbal to appease the 12 supporters?
Who knows.
This is why everyone has lost it.
There is no denying Norf have made overtures and strong ones at that as is their right and probably duty. There has probably been meetings, why not?
Offers would have been made from various clubs, officials, conversations had heaps of stuff.
But where all the bullshit comes from all sides is people trying to report on what eventuates in these talks.
It's the same with any of these types of things every single time.

Am i correct in saying the AFL rules don't allow a Club to approach a contracted player from another Player during the season?

Mate a flog #lolnorf supporter mentioned on this site two night ago , Barrett broke the " story" today

(Log in to remove this ad.)

heard it during his talking segment on the footy show. said north is offering up to 2m more but richmond have gone to the afl with there package which will include money making oppurtunities after football
That's interesting? What is the official stance on that for anyone that knows?

Why do we need to declare what opportunities we can provide him after football?

I would have thought that could be an unofficial agreement (AFL wise) as it is obviously after the contract has expired and the player has entered retirement and therefore wouldn't be included in any TPP.

This is nothing new, I remember reading Nathan Brown saying one of the things that attracted him to the Tigers were the ideas presented to him for a life after football. Something he said the Dogs at the time weren't planning for their players. Nowadays you'd expect this is standard procedure among all clubs?

Not to mention the fact that it would be a huge story and he would have broken it 6 weeks ago.

Find it hard to believe he only just found out that happened given his connections and support of the kangaroos
He read it on big footy this afternoon is my guess, anyway sounds like a signing is just around the corner if the tigs have gone to the AFL to get the after footy deal ticked off, you don't do that if your player is thinking of wooden spoons.

I would have thought that could be an unofficial agreement (AFL wise) as it is obviously after the contract has expired and the player has entered retirement and therefore wouldn't be included in any TPP.

This is nothing new, I remember reading Nathan Brown saying one of the things that attracted him to the Tigers were the ideas presented to him for a life after football. Something he said the Dogs at the time weren't planning for their players. Nowadays you'd expect this is standard procedure among all clubs?
It's interesting. I guess they need the AFL to know their plans are all above board? Maybe all clubs have to do this? Especially with big name signings?

He read it here nothing surer. Doesn't mean it didn't happen though. It would have to happen.
How the **** can you offer that much without even talking to the bloke.
It's irrelevant anyway without knowing how it went .

Im sure Carr has. No doubt there has been communication. But touring facilities and or meeting players? Not so sure.
They tabled a massive offer to Kelly too. Habe not heard he.met with players...i dont think it has to happen that way. Everyone knows what they are getting.

Not going to lie the reports of this offer concern me. Hopefully the Kelly deal goes through. No chance Norf could afford 1.5 either materially or legally with that.
Kelly is GWS or Carlton is my guess.

I think (and I'm sure others think this too) that North have offered 1.5m because they already know Kelly isn't going to North.

its all changed since the judd visy deal. we are being upfront so we dont get hit with some bullshit id assume unless damo is making shit up again

Im sure Carr has. No doubt there has been communication. But touring facilities and or meeting players? Not so sure.
They tabled a massive offer to Kelly too. Habe not heard he.met with players...i dont think it has to happen that way. Everyone knows what they are getting.
It'd be pretty easy to meet at somebodies house.
Doesn't matter anyway it's just a meeting.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. #4 Dustin Martin Contract Talk - 7 MORE YEARS

Remove this Banner Ad

Back