List Mgmt. #4 Dustin Martin Contract Talk - 7 MORE YEARS

Remove this Banner Ad

Ahh North Melbourne!
What a place! A club legend plays his 400th , North close the bar at 11pm not can the free drinks actually close the bar!

Same bloke breaks the all time games record! asks the coach if he has a contract coming for next year, gets told yes repeatedly by the head coach only to be shafted just before finals (Mind you he was their best performed player all year)! Then my favourite part, they release it on Twitter! Kind of like a thanks for everything but **** off now! Oh they then offer him a job with junior development, soley to keep the peace with their members!

They then go out of their way and dog Wells money wise, and have the president come out and publicly slam him and question his loyalty and character on his afternoon drive show because he wouldn't let the club backdoor him!

And here we are having the pleasure of listening to all these north flogs accuse us of short changing Dusty! Being disrespectful to him etc! I think some of you North supporters need to have a real hard look at yourselves, and your club because I tell you what, the ****ing hypocrisy is hilarious!

thats it killing you n1 next werewolf game campaigner

I was just the jobe anyway.

This might be the only other forum werewolf game jokes make sense.

That's interesting? What is the official stance on that for anyone that knows?

Why do we need to declare what opportunities we can provide him after football?

I would have thought that could be an unofficial agreement (AFL wise) as it is obviously after the contract has expired and the player has entered retirement and therefore wouldn't be included in any TPP.

This is nothing new, I remember reading Nathan Brown saying one of the things that attracted him to the Tigers were the ideas presented to him for a life after football. Something he said the Dogs at the time weren't planning for their players. Nowadays you'd expect this is standard procedure among all clubs?

probably to get it signed off, any time your offer involves money or even perceived money from outside the salary cap your best to get it ticked off.

Id imagine it would be similar if we picked up his clothing brand for merchandise, it would need to be ticked off by the afl to make sure were not pulling a carltank

its all changed since the judd visy deal. we are being upfront so we dont get hit with some bullshit id assume unless damo is making shit up again
Well I hope for our sake that this is something he isn't making up. But I guess if he's telling the truth with this then he's probably telling the truth about Dusty meeting the leadership group, we can't have it both ways.

Ahh North Melbourne!
What a place! A club legend plays his 400th , North close the bar at 11pm not can the free drinks actually close the bar!

Same bloke breaks the all time games record! asks the coach if he has a contract coming for next year, gets told yes repeatedly by the head coach only to be shafted just before finals (Mind you he was their best performed player all year)! Then my favourite part, they release it on Twitter! Kind of like a thanks for everything but **** off now! Oh they then offer him a job with junior development, soley to keep the peace with their members!

They then go out of their way and dog Wells money wise, and have the president come out and publicly slam him and question his loyalty and character on his afternoon drive show because he wouldn't let the club backdoor him!

And here we are having the pleasure of listening to all these north flogs accuse us of short changing Dusty! Being disrespectful to him etc! I think some of you North supporters need to have a real hard look at yourselves, and your club because I tell you what, the ******* hypocrisy is hilarious!

On SM-G930F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Didnt they also shaft Petrie?

seriously i cant believe dusty can be this stupid ? if his signing for norf over 7 years for the money, has he not taken into account the very likely fact that they fold as a club within those 7 years?
Welcome back Greg.

Ahh North Melbourne!

And here we are having the pleasure of listening to all these north flogs accuse us of short changing Dusty! Being disrespectful to him etc! I think some of you North supporters need to have a real hard look at yourselves, and your club because I tell you what, the ******* hypocrisy is hilarious!

On SM-G930F using BigFooty.com mobile app

You're nasty;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's interesting. I guess they need the AFL to know their plans are all above board? Maybe all clubs have to do this? Especially with big name signings?
But if it's after the career is finished who oversees this?
Judd was a VISY brand ambassador and that was signed off while he playing. What if he was in agreement to be used in their marketing for the next twenty years after he retired. What right does the AFL have to say what he could be involved in now that he's hung up the boots. That's a hypothetical only and I have no idea on what is the official stance, just interested to know, should an idea be put forward for future employment post footy how or why is it governed by the AFL?

Gotta love the double standards on the Footy Show and society.

Its ok for Bec to want to see Rance in Speedos and want Billy to cover up. No one bats and eye lid.

Imagine it was Sam with a fat chick in a bikini and a hot chick in a wet suit and he said the same thing. Bec wanted the fat slob covered up and asked for a costume change. The outcry on him telling the fat chick to cover up would end his career.

Last edited:
I can just see people reading this thinking finally everyone has lost it.

"That Filthy was so nice and then he just started butchering people. Also RIP joelsy".

One thing that i haven't seen mentioned but I think helps our cause a lot is PUMA

Dusty has a sponsorship deal with them with PUMA also being a club sponsor of the tigers they have an invested interest in keeping him at the tigers because it means more publicity for them with every article about dusty in his tiger gear and the puma logo all over it

It's things like this among others mentioned already that shorten the gap between Richmond and Norfs offer

probably to get it signed off, any time your offer involves money or even perceived money from outside the salary cap your best to get it ticked off.

Id imagine it would be similar if we picked up his clothing brand for merchandise, it would need to be ticked off by the afl to make sure were not pulling a carltank
Totally agree during his active playing career when the TPP is in play, but it was mentioned as post footy opportunities and I wondered what that has to do with it?

Gotta love the double standards on the Footy Show and society.

Its ok for Bec to want to see Rance in Speedos and want Billy to cover up. No one bats and eye lid.

Imagine it was Sam with a fat chick in a bikini and a hot chick in wet suit and he said the same thing. The outcry in him telling tje fat chick to cover up would end his career.
My wife and I said exactly the same, the double standards were in full play tonight. :rolleyes:

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. #4 Dustin Martin Contract Talk - 7 MORE YEARS

Remove this Banner Ad

Back