List Mgmt. #4 Dustin Martin Contract Talk - 7 MORE YEARS

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd like to say I'm really proud we have pulled up stumps and said enough is enough.

Remember when dumb old Richmond did a NORF with Nathan Brown and then he broke his leg... times have changed

Nathan Was going to win the brownlow/norm smith/coleman and achieve peace in the middle east before he broke his leg

:(

I suspect we will front load Dustins contract.
Goldy could leave and he is our highest paid player currently.

even the Pies wont take Goldy on the insane $800k you are paying him next year

to offload time you will have a accept only a second round at best, and only if you pay 50% of his wage

he's going nowhere

I suspect we will front load Dustins contract.
I am merely hopeful with Kelly and his North connections.
I'm hearing Carlton/St Kilda are leading the race.

However if Dustin does re-sign before finals.
We will try and blow Saints/Carlton out of the water.

As for if BBB yes believe we will keep him.
Goldy could leave and he is our highest paid player currently.
Who is this guy? Can we thread ban this ****er?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Richmond OK on Dustin Martin's stand-off
Published: August 25 2017 - 12:05PM

Richmond coach Damien Hardwick maintains he's relaxed and comfortable about Dustin Martin's future as the Tigers gear up for a finals campaign without the signature of the AFL star.

Martin, the clear Brownlow Medal favourite, is out of contract at year's end and has attracted interest from rival clubs.

Hardwick's view is simple.

So what?

The Tigers coach says he supports free agency and he supports Martin exploring his options.

"I think we're all big boys these days. We've got a fair understanding that this happens all the time," he said on Friday.

"North aren't the first to do it and we've certainly done it a number of times.

"We, like other clubs, will entertain players and they'll entertain ours.

"It's part and parcel of our industry at the moment so if you're not in it, you're not involved."

Without the ability to match North Melbourne's mega-money offer, Richmond are relying on the bonds formed over eight years being worth more.

Martin's first game as a Tiger, back in 2010, was also Hardwick's first as the side's coach.

"I love the kid. I've loved him the first day he came into the club and I continue to love him regardless of what happens here," Hardwick said.

"He's been a fantastic player for me. All I'm looking forward to him doing is playing his best footy. He's done that thus far and it's going to continue."

Denying that Martin's situation was a distraction as the Tigers gear up for the finals, Hardwick said the club didn't lack motivation in round 23 against St Kilda.

The Tigers are playing for a top four place - and to erase from the memory their most recent performance against the Saints, a heavy round 16 loss.

"Its a big [motivator]. They embarrassed us," he said.

With the benefit of hindsight, and five wins from their six games since, Hardwick suggested the Tigers were better for the loss.

"We found a couple of areas that we could really improve from that game ... we've only lost one game since," he said.

"It was sort of a blessing in disguise."

AAP

This story was found at: http://www.canberratimes.com.au/afl...-dustin-martins-standoff-20170825-gy416f.html

Richmond OK on Dustin Martin's stand-off
Published: August 25 2017 - 12:05PM

Richmond coach Damien Hardwick maintains he's relaxed and comfortable about Dustin Martin's future as the Tigers gear up for a finals campaign without the signature of the AFL star.

Martin, the clear Brownlow Medal favourite, is out of contract at year's end and has attracted interest from rival clubs.

Hardwick's view is simple.

So what?

The Tigers coach says he supports free agency and he supports Martin exploring his options.

"I think we're all big boys these days. We've got a fair understanding that this happens all the time," he said on Friday.

"North aren't the first to do it and we've certainly done it a number of times.

"We, like other clubs, will entertain players and they'll entertain ours.

"It's part and parcel of our industry at the moment so if you're not in it, you're not involved."

Without the ability to match North Melbourne's mega-money offer, Richmond are relying on the bonds formed over eight years being worth more.

Martin's first game as a Tiger, back in 2010, was also Hardwick's first as the side's coach.

"I love the kid. I've loved him the first day he came into the club and I continue to love him regardless of what happens here," Hardwick said.

"He's been a fantastic player for me. All I'm looking forward to him doing is playing his best footy. He's done that thus far and it's going to continue."

Denying that Martin's situation was a distraction as the Tigers gear up for the finals, Hardwick said the club didn't lack motivation in round 23 against St Kilda.

The Tigers are playing for a top four place - and to erase from the memory their most recent performance against the Saints, a heavy round 16 loss.

"Its a big [motivator]. They embarrassed us," he said.

With the benefit of hindsight, and five wins from their six games since, Hardwick suggested the Tigers were better for the loss.

"We found a couple of areas that we could really improve from that game ... we've only lost one game since," he said.

"It was sort of a blessing in disguise."

AAP

This story was found at: http://www.canberratimes.com.au/afl...-dustin-martins-standoff-20170825-gy416f.html
Standard reply for someone who can't say much at all.

- Dustin met North leaders around round 17 (not disputed by RFC officials)
- Carr seen at North matches in round 19 & 20. One of which was in Tasmania.
- Richmond tables seemingly final offer offer of 1.1 mil awaiting third party post retirement gigs.
- North tables bigger offer of 1.5 mil
- Pending NZ trip and bye (I expect Richmond decision during this period if he is staying)

So i don't think this implies we were told to GAGF at all.
If Dustin stormed out of Jack Ziebells house and said "GAGF no way i love Richmond."
Id say North would have announced that they are no longer interested in Martin.

As i mentioned before we have no duty to keep playing on fruitlessly.
Dustin value has already skyrocketed.
Plus we have other contract business put on hold because of this.
That suggests to me we are at least still in the mix.
**** off troll

- Dustin met North leaders around round 17 (not disputed by RFC officials)
- Carr seen at North matches in round 19 & 20. One of which was in Tasmania.
- Richmond tables seemingly final offer offer of 1.1 mil awaiting third party post retirement gigs.
- North tables bigger offer of 1.5 mil
- Pending NZ trip and bye (I expect Richmond decision during this period if he is staying)

So i don't think this implies we were told to GAGF at all.
If Dustin stormed out of Jack Ziebells house and said "GAGF no way i love Richmond."
Id say North would have announced that they are no longer interested in Martin.

As i mentioned before we have no duty to keep playing on fruitlessly.
Dustin value has already skyrocketed.
Plus we have other contract business put on hold because of this.
That suggests to me we are at least still in the mix.

Which drangus are you? TheKanga or philly maybe even a reincarnation of the late great RadRoo.

But in all seriousness, will ya please **** off? Please?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All this talk has got me wondering how would Martin slide in to the norf team if he went? What role would he play?
I might go to their game next round as well as ours and see for myself. Who does norf have next round???
Anyone?

I'm more concerned as to whether RFC_Official will keep to his word* and give us the announcement at 10:20am

*He might have ignored us and not actually given us his word

Definitely ignored because I asked the question lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Standard reply for someone who can't say much at all.

Sorry to intrude. Actually thought it was a good response from Dimma and pretty transparent re: what goes on with poaching other players.

Doubt Dusty is going anywhere, let alone to Norf.

He was there.
Blundstone Arena is a small stadium.
Only holds 20k.

Well i don't believe North would play this charade for so long just for Carrs public image.
We would of come out and said we are not in the race for Dusty if we were told to GAGF and moved on to other targets.

We have no code of silence to dusty and his manager.
Huuuuuuggggeeeee club then

He was there.
Blundstone Arena is a small stadium.
Only holds 20k.

Well i don't believe North would play this charade for so long just for Carrs public image.
We would of come out and said we are not in the race for Dusty if we were told to GAGF and moved on to other targets.

We have no code of silence to dusty and his manager.

My friend, have Nth stated they have tabled a 1.5 over 7 deal? Or is it the media?

Of course knowing Richmond, if Dusty leaves we will get into a bidding war with norf and get Goldstein, Lindsay Thomas and Majak Daw just to rub their noses in it.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. #4 Dustin Martin Contract Talk - 7 MORE YEARS

Remove this Banner Ad

Back