List Mgmt. #4 Dustin Martin Contract Talk - 7 MORE YEARS

Remove this Banner Ad

Best part of the video is where he compares 500k in extras at Richmond to max 100k at #lolnorf due to "Lack of supporters and members"

#lolnorf

It's taken lolnorf 148 years to get to that.

ROLF

Now I am certain that all clubs including Richmond do it, so this is not sour grapes or chicken little, but am I wrong in thinking that clubs are not supposed to make offers to players outside the trade period?
Not that I'm bitter or whatever, but if it's against the rules why does the league allow every club to just openly break these rules?
No doubt we were at Prestia well below trade period so I know it happens but if the rules are openly broken then why are they even there?

Cant sign a contract, but can come to terms verbally.

Worth shit, but thats why all bets are off until the pkayer signs

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Two things;
That Ricky Nixon video was surprisingly interesting and insightful.

If Norf were at $1.5m per year(allegedly) why would they need to raise again to whatever they're at as of tonight???

I'll tell you, they keep getting told no and they keep upping their offer because they know they won't get Kelly and now they're just being desperate.

11b1d5e5cff26cb6eaba426bbef88f50.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chanel 7 just said the Norf offer is now 3 million more than ours, it goes up every day, amazing.
How no one in the media is questioning the stupidity of lolnorf is beyond me, they are bottom from tomorrow and are selling the farm for one player with a shed load of spuds on their list. if it were us the media would be slamming us and calling us irresponsible.

Two things;

If Norf were at $1.5m per year(allegedly) why would they need to raise again to whatever they're at as of tonight???

I'll tell you, they keep getting told no and they keep upping their offer because they know they won't get Kelly and now they're just being desperate.

I almost hope they give him an offer he can't refuse. Yeah we'd lose out but man it'd be hilarious watching them trying to do something with a list of one player. :D

Dusty's good but he's not good enough to win as the only person playing on the team.

All this talk has got me wondering how would Martin slide in to the norf team if he went? What role would he play?
I might go to their game next round as well as ours and see for myself. Who does norf have next round???
Anyone?

Werribee play at Casey tomorrow night.
Werribee are 10th and must win and then rely on Northern Blues and/or Collingwood losing to make finals.

I don't have photo evidence if that's what you mean.
However it reported by the media.
The same media who was adamant Dusty resigning was far from done
They turned out to be correct.
When many others such as Denham, KB, Caro, etc. said it was imminent and basically days away.

I was not going to respond to you as obviously by your post count you are a alt account and do not have the balls/integrity to post what you are on your main account. Firstly the term media and how you use it, has me confused. You state the media were adamant that dusty signing was far from done ( which really was only C7) while the rest more reputable media reporters like Denham,KB,Caro etc all thought his signing was happening soon as we lifted our offer...so which media are you referring and can you link proof so i can gauge your time line ?

The reality is pretty simple. I said so in my podcast and also on here. We wont move from 1.2 million. If Norfs offer is just 1.5m, he will stay IMO as 300k a year more wont be enough to shift him. If Norf continue to show the desperation they have by offering these ridiculous sums of money and lift to 1.6 or 1.7 a year for 7 years...well I will personally say good bye myself to Dusty as that is way to much coin to ignore and it would be fair compensation for him not playing in finals or contending in his prime footy years which is the next 2-4 years.

Now to this bullshit you norf fools keep going on about how this was planned and you will front load as you are struggling to pay players now anyway etc etc. If that was the case, you would not have 8 players, some of who are loyal servants for years at your club being told...sorry we dont know what we can pay you till Dusty tells us, so brace yourselves as you may need to wait till october. If you could easily fit these players you would be re singing them, you are not and that speaks volumes to the truth. Anyone with half a brain can work that out. Lastly its no surprise, even though the tigers are dealing with Dusty, like norf, unlike norf, we are re signing our players during it...we know what we can afford, we have planned for a raid such as this.

Lastly we would not be at the afl getting approval for outside income streams for Dusty, similar to the blues with Judd, if A Carr is not aware of it and B we have been told to do it as that will allow us to secure Dusty services.

The way i see it, the only way we lose Dusty is if we stay at 1.1.or 1.2 and do not get approval for the corporate income to not be included in the cap like Judd and Visy and norf offer is the reported 1.6 plus per year for 7 years.

Last bit, i am still confident the tigers and Dusty can work out a solution to this. For the record I am not the only one saying that, a lot of more knowledgeable people that have been in the industry for years are saying the same thing. Some even on this very board have proof of that too.

I almost hope they give him an offer he can't refuse. Yeah we'd lose out but man it'd be hilarious watching them trying to do something with a list of one player. :D

Dusty's good but he's not good enough to win as the only person playing on the team.

1.5m per year for one player is stupid enough as it is. Anything more you probably need to check yourself in somewhere.
When he stays with us and turns down an extra $3m from Norf their supporters will finally realise just how much of a basket case the club is.

Incredible stuff.

Of course knowing Richmond, if Dusty leaves we will get into a bidding war with norf and get Goldstein, Lindsay Thomas and Majak Daw just to rub their noses in it.

I do not think i could live through another trade war..the pies one damaged me beyond repair. if we did that, i would pick up table tennis and support the Hung's

Two things;

They listened to the podcast and heard he wouldnt leave for any less than 1.7 ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. #4 Dustin Martin Contract Talk - 7 MORE YEARS

Remove this Banner Ad

Back