List Mgmt. #4 Dustin Martin Contract Talk - 7 MORE YEARS

Remove this Banner Ad

In years past I've had dealings with a few outlaw bikers including one in Sydney who went from the Comancheros to the Hells Angels - he changed because he went into a business venture with a Hells Angel.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk
Cool story bro.
Go tell your 5 Norf buddies

I don't understand the hoo haa going on if they decide to announce he is going to Nth.
Because he can't just decide to go to Nth, he is a RFA and this whole thing will look utterly ridiculous if after the decision that stops a nation is made and Dusty stands there and tells the football world that Nth have a promising future, that he is excited by the prospect of Arden st etc etc, Richmond simply turn around and match.
Then what? What are North going to trade with?
And cool your jets if you think he will walk to the draft, he simply will not do that.
So then what? He gets back up on his pedastool and says "yeah nah, I like the prospect of Punt Rd and blah blah blah" he will look like a deadset flog.
If he chooses Nth he had want to be confident that it will definitely happen.

Cool story bro.
Go tell your 5 Norf buddies
All I'm saying is that the bikie loyalty thing that's been raised in relation to Dustin's decision is drawing a very long bow.

I doubt it will be a factor in his decision.

This is a bit of a simple misconception, while outlaw bikers are basically tribal and loyal BUT there are examples of bikers changing colours for different reasons - it's not common but it's not exactly an uncommon situation.

I don't think Shane's biker past will have any bearing on Dusty's decision.

In other words: whilst it's common knowledge this is true. I don't like it therefor it isn't.

Above all, this is what I hope to. Hopefully he has a good time with his old man amongst all this.
How proud do you reckon he would be right now. His son just played the year of his life and will likely take home one of the largest individual honours in the game.

I don't understand the hoo haa going on if they decide to announce he is going to Nth.
Because he can't just decide to go to Nth, he is a RFA and this whole thing will look utterly ridiculous if after the decision that stops a nation is made and Dusty stands there and tells the football world that Nth have a promising future, that he is excited by the prospect of Arden st etc etc, Richmond simply turn around and match.
Then what? What are North going to trade with?
And cool your jets if you think he will walk to the draft, he simply will not do that.
So then what? He gets back up on his pedastool and says "yeah nah, I like the prospect of Punt Rd and blah blah blah" he will look like a deadset flog.
If he chooses Nth he had want to be confident that it will definitely happen.
He'll look a deadset flog if he leaves anyway. Leaving the biggest club in the league on the cusp of its greatest chance of success for 37 years. No matter which way he spins it ...it will be purely money.

The Don't Argue doesn't discriminate

21151090_786264891548142_1815401388_n.jpg
We,ll have to get use too the don't argues from Dusty.

How proud do you reckon he would be right now. His son just played the year of his life and will likely take home one of the largest individual honours in the game.

Totally. Would be on top of the world.
At the end of it all if he goes. We still got Dustin Martin, Richmond legend and Brownlow medalist. That will have to do!

He'll look a deadset flog if he leaves anyway. Leaving the biggest club in the league on the cusp of its greatest chance of success for 37 years. No matter which way he spins it ...it will be purely money.

100%
No chance he convinces anyone of anything different. But no doubt he will try

In his role as the CEO of the AFLPA so I don't know how that's RFC fault.
Lol it was a tongue in cheek joke.

Honestly it's the way of the sport now. You'll still have your players that like the stability of staying one-club players but at the same time you'll have your players that can and will command huge salaries. All clubs can do is get as far as they can while they have the second type of player on their list.

Hopefully Dusty is the first type, but we'll know soon enough.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very proud. Hopefully he can get a premiership medal and norm smith medal to go with the AFLCA and hopefully Brownlow he should win. :D

The more it gets complciated the more I believe he's staying. If it was as simple as our offer is a take it or leave it one, and he was leaving, it'd be done.

Obviously dusty wants to get more money from us and stay. If he wanted the $1.5m it's not the table and he can take it. The protracted negotiations only make sense if he wants to stay but wants more cash. They don't make any sense if he wants to go to North- he'd be gone as he knows we aren't going as high as $1.5M.

The whole time it's felt like we knew he wouldn't go and Dusty is trying to bluff us into thinking he may so we get serious at the negotiating table.

The more it gets complciated the more I believe he's staying. If it was as simple as our offer is a take it or leave it one, and he was leaving, it'd be done.

Obviously dusty wants to get more money from us and stay. If he wanted the $1.5m it's not the table and he can take it. The protracted negotiations only make sense if he wants to stay but wants more cash. They don't make any sense if he wants to go to North- he'd be gone as he knows we aren't going as high as $1.5M.

The whole time it's felt like we knew he wouldn't go and Dusty is trying to bluff us into thinking he may so we get serious at the negotiating table.
This... some posters don't get this is a negotiation

You are aware we dont own the players life, its not slavery? They are an employee, and they are legally allowed to explore their options. This by necessity involves meeting with opp players and officials

Has dustys performance been impacted by these meetings???

Slavery? A bit OTT. He is contracted until what, the end of OCT? Right now, he is an employee of the RFC. Right now our season is still alive. When his contract expires then meet them.
Ralph can talk to them etc, but, the player right now is obligated to us. I don't think that is unreasonable.

Sent from my iPhone using Righteous Man Power.

Lol it was a tongue in cheek joke.

Honestly it's the way of the sport now. You'll still have your players that like the stability of staying one-club players but at the same time you'll have your players that can and will command huge salaries. All clubs can do is get as far as they can while they have the second type of player on their list.

Hopefully Dusty is the first type, but we'll know soon enough.
Sorry, lost my sense of humour with all this crap going on.
I agree it's how it is but it doesn't make it right. The second tier and below are the ones who miss out when they have to compensate for a overly high paid FA. As good as Dusty is he's not worth 1.5 over 7. 1.1 is overs imo but this is what FA has created.

In his role as the CEO of the AFLPA so I don't know how that's RFC fault.

Not RFC's fault at all, but a bit of a stain on Gale's record that the AFLPA didn't protect the majority of players by making sure maximum contracts and salary cap exceptions were included in the new system. It's possible under this system that in 10 years we will have the top 50 players in the league on massive coin and everyone else playing for peanuts.

Thats illegal

Remember we are talking about the players, not agents/managers. I reckon you could enforce it. Don't think it's illegal at all.

It would happen all the time mate I'm sure Prestia met with tigers multiple times last year
Can't expect these young men to make informed decisions about their future without doing it
Can't except them to quickly do it all after the season it's unfair to the players and clubs on both sides the only difference now is because of social media and camera phones is now we find out about it
Sent from my iPhone

At the end of the day you're right in that it would just become "informal", but while a club is still playing a season that stuff should be off limits. It's not a good look for the comp.

All this flap about pressure to 'match' Norf's offer - gives me the shits.
We wont match and don't need to.
We just need to get the gap to a point that creates a comfortable compromise for both - negotiation 101.

Having said that the waiting is killing us all.....

There should be a ladder for all media journalists but instead of wins and losses have ticks and crosses. Ticks for every story they get right and crosses for every story they get wrong (make up). That way the public can decide who is worth reading/listening to when they break a story.
This is a FANtastic idea. Someone with more time and smarts than me should totally do this.:thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. #4 Dustin Martin Contract Talk - 7 MORE YEARS

Remove this Banner Ad

Back