List Mgmt. #4 Dustin Martin Contract Talk - 7 MORE YEARS

Remove this Banner Ad

There is truth to clubs using the separation apart from his Dad as an angle. I've no idea what North are up to whatsoever but I dont doubt North made another offer. They might as well even though personally I think it's just crazy.
But another club are also still sniffing around and they are looking at the Dad angle on things or how they can make it easier.
I reckon that's what would be the number one motivating factor with Dustin more than the money.
Maybe North are trying to be creative there too who knows.
I'm sure Richmond would be trying to do something there as well.
But that would be the main issue I reckon.
It's certainly a possibility, but don't see why NM will categorically deny it if they did. If it was coming from anyone but Denham I would put more thought into it, but alas, Denham has zero credibility and horrible sources.

There is truth to clubs using the separation apart from his Dad as an angle. I've no idea what North are up to whatsoever but I dont doubt North made another offer. They might as well even though personally I think it's just crazy.
But another club are also still sniffing around and they are looking at the Dad angle on things or how they can make it easier.
I reckon that's what would be the number one motivating factor with Dustin more than the money.
Maybe North are trying to be creative there too who knows.
I'm sure Richmond would be trying to do something there as well.
But that would be the main issue I reckon.
Seriously though.. what can any club do to make it "easier" for Dusty to see his Dad that Richmond cannot/will not ?

We would do just as much and have done plenty already, and will continue to.

Save from having the laws changed and getting his Dad back for him, there's not much point offering stuff like that.

IF they did offer something obscene, he could just say hey Richmond, so and so offered me this as an extra effort for me to see my Dad, can I have that if I stay, and Richmond would be like DONE.

Seriously though.. what can any club do to make it "easier" for Dusty to see his Dad that Richmond cannot/will not ?

Save from having the laws changed and getting his Dad back for him, there's not much point offering stuff like that.

IF they did offer something obscene, he could just say hey Richmond, so and so offered me this as an extra effort for me to see my Dad, can I have that if I stay, and Richmond would be like DONE.
Don't worry I ask myself the same things. People with money are good at talking shit though.

dusty is norf's grand final. while theyre working on bribing the gov to get his dad back to AU, they will pay for his unlimited first class travel and let him visit every single week after the game

thats a good point!

he will only be reducing the amount of potential $$$ he can make from possible brownlow memorabilia if he doesnt sign with us before then.

imagine if he were to sign a 5-7 year deal with us virtually making him a tiger for life, then wins the brownlow. tipping the tiger faithful will get right behind him and make up the extra difference in contract $$$ just from that night alone, if it pans out that way.
I don't see his clothing line being supported by tiger fans if he goes as well, i bet Swanny makes plenty from wobble fans.

dusty is norf's grand final. while theyre working on bribing the gov to get his dad back to AU, they will pay for his unlimited first class travel and let him visit every single week after the game
Yeah but so would we if it came to that.

Dusty would no doubt simply NOT do it every week of his own accord anyway, I'm sure he would have other things to do.

Jesus, if I had a dollar for every time Greg Denham has changed his mind on what Dustin Martin's doing...
You'd have $2.

...but in the space of a week. So over a career, it's good cash. :cool:

Pretty simple - at Richmond, there'll more than likely be finals to play for at least the next couple of years. At lolnorf he's guaranteed to be able to head straight to the airport after the rd23 game for the foreseeable future...

just heard a big 3 way trade is in the works freo get dusty norf get ross lyon we get ben brown and pick 1

You take the piss a lot so I'm assuming this is the case again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree. With our forward structure we need more ugly entries if we can't hit a clear target lace out. With our fwd pressure when the ball goes to ground 9/10 we have a sniff at goals.
So what you are saying is that shit kicks into the F50 help us win?

To nad this forward line wasnt playing in the late 90's early 00's. Would have won 5 straight

For a team needing to rebuild that's a massive case of having all your eggs in one basket. It severely limits your options in the meantime to be able to draft anyone other than young inexperienced players. Just can't see Norf taking that sort of gamble.

We on the other hand have now developed a good base to work with so can absorb such a large contract if required.

Would argue the opposite in that North can absorb a heavily front loaded contract whilst only having to pay developing kids. But Meh i'm sure when Dusty makes his decision either club will find a way to make it work.

Gotta say I really think this has gone way too far though and i do feel for you guys having to endure this BS. Free agency is becoming a blight on the integrity of the system.

On pure trade value Dusty is easily worth two top 10 picks, whereas the crap compo system will most likely award you a single teens pick for him. Total BS!!!

North on the other hand can spend $$ to basically buy two top 10 picks worth of player for no cost in draft picks at all. What would clubs spend if they could just buy a top 10 selection, easily a mill a piece.

So whilst you guys are being asked to pay top $$ to simply retain an existing player with a measly teens pick going as compo, North get handed two top 10 picks for nothing. Any wonder North are able to add a few million on top of your offer. It's simply not right at this level.

The system is pathetic but it's what's there so im proud of North pushing it to its limits, just think it's crap from your side. AFL must change this!

"IF" Dusty does move to North I wouldn't begrudge you guys using that cash to return the favour next year by throwing it at Brown. It's a slippery slope and whilst personally i'd be wrapped to have Dusty at North I hate the system that is allowing it.

Amen.

Don't get all the saltiness aimed at Dusty now. Chill out Jesus Christ. Has there been an announcement that he has signed with Nth??
Turn your bloody microwaves off lol.
He's doing it to himself. If he wants to stay than Carr is hurting Martins image by making this stretch out longer than it needs to. Martin has a voice and he should tell Carr stop it Im staying at Richmond. At this point even if he stays at Richmond he is no longer my favourite player. Players who bleed for the club dont string out contract negations like this.

If he is going to sign, do you expect him to do so straight away, like on the Monday/Tuesday or do we think it will be closer to the game, which could leave us waiting another week, week and a half?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would argue the opposite in that North can absorb a heavily front loaded contract whilst only having to pay developing kids. But Meh i'm sure when Dusty makes his decision either club will find a way to make it work.

Gotta say I really think this has gone way too far though and i do feel for you guys having to endure this BS. Free agency is becoming a blight on the integrity of the system.

On pure trade value Dusty is easily worth two top 10 picks, whereas the crap compo system will most likely award you a single teens pick for him. Total BS!!!

North on the other hand can spend $$ to basically buy two top 10 picks worth of player for no cost in draft picks at all. What would clubs spend if they could just buy a top 10 selection, easily a mill a piece.

So whilst you guys are being asked to pay top $$ to simply retain an existing player with a measly teens pick going as compo, North get handed two top 10 picks for nothing. Any wonder North are able to add a few million on top of your offer. It's simply not right at this level.

The system is pathetic but it's what's there so im proud of North pushing it to its limits, just think it's crap from your side. AFL must change this!

"IF" Dusty does move to North I wouldn't begrudge you guys using that cash to return the favour next year by throwing it at Brown. It's a slippery slope and whilst personally i'd be wrapped to have Dusty at North I hate the system that is allowing it.
r0cg0h.jpg
#lolnorf

You're not getting Dusty OR Kelly :thumbsu:

Now piss off.

This is spot on.
I think why you will find so many are angry on here because of the compo we will receive is so little. If the AFL fixed this up and made it a win win than so many on here wouldn't be as upset. If our compo was 2 first round picks in the top 10 Martin leaving would be a benefit us long term. Imagine having 2 picks in the top 10 along with our already 2 first round picks in the teens plus extra cap space to target someone next year.

Martin potentially leaving us for North hurts us far more than Franklin and Ablett leaving their respective clubs. The difference being those clubs had already won a premiership. I get Free Agency but Martin is the best player in the comp at the moment and unless compensated adequately its just bullshit. A stat I hate but Richmond is now the longest AFL club to not play off in a GF. We finally get our shit together and we could lose our best player for next to nothing just because a club at the bottom of the ladder can afford to overpay to his true value. IMO I hope we dont match if the offer is true I even think 1.2 mil is overs for a midfielder I just hope the ALF wakes up and allocates draft picks as a case by case basis. Pick 18 for Buddy is completely different when you have just come off a flag.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. #4 Dustin Martin Contract Talk - 7 MORE YEARS

Remove this Banner Ad

Back