Player Watch #4: Dustin Martin

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ps. I'm backing in that other bloke on twitter

Why would a soccer insider randomly say dusty is gonna re sign with us if he hadnt heard some very solid mail?
On that. Spoke to someone today who is heavily invested in A-league. Said he follows this bloke on Twitter. Said his mail is extremely good.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

To be honest, I don't even think we should go that high.
$1.1m-1.15m a year for six years at the very most. That takes him close to $7mill over six years.
We need to recruit others, he knows this, if he wants to stay he won't cripple the club to do so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm just over it now. Either sign or don't sign but at least give some sort of sign about what you're going to do.

It's just ridiculous now.

It's bound to start affecting the team sooner than later and I'd rather it wasn't during finals.

Just supposition , nothing new emerging , the known knowns are that Carrs clients Approaching FA don't sign in season, period. Commentators put 2&2 together coz rivals are interested and player remains unsigned , refer to known knowns, if Martin was motivated by money he would have left RFC to ess for a superior offer in 2015, he s motivated by success , that's slipped past most

My favourite quote from geelongs fans:

It's got nothing to do with the tackle. Richmond have become a great story since challenging top 4 this year. The AFL's primary focus is stories and they used this incident as an opportunity to shape the Brownlow around Martin now.

Hahaha too funny. How about danger ****** up and concussed a bloke so he's paying the price like any other player would
Clearly they're not aware the MRP is completely independent of the AFL. That and the fact Dusty will win anyway :D

We can harp on about how much we "saved Martin's life", but the bottom line is we took advantage of his "off-field" issues to cheap out and lowball an elite star of the competition on his last deal.

I hated it at the time and always feared that move would come back to haunt us. Would be vintage Richmond admin ******* this up....
If we lose Dusty feel free to blame the RFC admin all you want. I'll be firmly placing the blame where it belongs, squarely on Dusty and Carr.

Stay off twitter people. I read the latest tweets regarding Dustin Martin and was almost convinced he was gone until I force closed the app. Bloody hell.
Just tell us one way or another. Absolutely killing me.

On that. Spoke to someone today who is heavily invested in A-league. Said he follows this bloke on Twitter. Said his mail is extremely good.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Have heard the same. Went through a lot of his previous tweets and he isn't a shit talker.

Makes no sense for him to just say it randomly for no reason

Nah that was silly. However, the rest of it was all fair enough.
I didn't think it was a dangerous tackle personally.

IMG_20170731_204745.jpg

Looking at the 3rd dot point under the Rough Conduct (Dangerous Tackles) heading it looks like it's definitely a dangerous tackle. Malicious? No. Intentional? No. Careless, high, medium impact (couldn't be low if he was concussed even if Kreuzer is made out of paper).

Dangerfield pinned both of Kreuzer's arms and turned him to the ground during the tackle, not allowing Kreuzer enough opportunity to protect himself, which caused kreuzer to get concussed.

Now do I want to see Danger cop a week for it? Nah, would rather see Dusty win the Brownlow on votes so people won't use the suspension as an excuse. BUT as the ruling stands the suspension is correct. So unless they want to change the rules they gotta suspend him.

Some players who have publicly held out until the end of the year before announcing contract details.

20526510_773843459456952_1801602063_n.jpg

No one with any self respect, let alone the best player in the AFL would go to North Melbourne.
I'd like to think so but shit, they seem perfectly willing to ruin their salary cap on a person who may or may not be able to carry their team on his shoulders. If he does go there, I foresee many shoulder/back injuries in Dusty's future.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

@MrWalkerAgent

Hmmm...that is an interesting one. Reckons his source is female and A+.

Everytime there is one of these new breaks that Dusty is being offered a trillion dollars by Syd or that Carr was watching a Nth game my knee jerk reaction is he is going and that i need to call the club and demand we pay him more.
Then i calm my farm and take it all back to where i started with it. That Dusty wants to stay. He loves the club. His wish is to play football for RFC for the most amount of money possible. This is how Carr gets the latter and i am living proof that his tactic is working.

Some players who have publicly held out until the end of the year before announcing contract details.

Yep not looking good. I won't be wishing him any luck though. If he goes to North I will be spending a lot of time praying that they languish on the bottom of the ladder for a long time to come.

We can harp on about how much we "saved Martin's life", but the bottom line is we took advantage of his "off-field" issues to cheap out and lowball an elite star of the competition on his last deal.

I hated it at the time and always feared that move would come back to haunt us. Would be vintage Richmond admin ******* this up....

You clearly don't remember that he signed another contract with us after that.

Without exception they were all lured interstate , motivated to returning home, the others to expansion clubs. That at the time carried an additional 1mn in tpp Like COLA enabled. The number of big name players that shifted bw melb clubs is very narrow indeed. Goddard and daisy Thomas only ones I can think of and In both occasions clubs were very happy at the compo incoming putting up little fight in the process

If he goes its gonna be for silly money. Good luck to norf in the future keeping their young up and comers on peanuts.
Ah...what young up and comers? Isn't that why they're willing to shell out so much for Dusty and Kelly?

Surprised he hasn't been suspended yet. I hope he and his friends are prepared for worse than that should Dusty stay with us.

Meh.....we give it the biggen day in day out that Dusty is staying and that why would he go to #lolnorf then some moron says Nth are leading the race on telly and we go into full melt mode and start saying goodbye to him.

We deserved it.

Meh.....we give it the biggen day in day out that Dusty is staying and that why would he go to #lolnorf then some moron says Nth are leading the race on telly and we go into full melt mode and start saying goodbye to him.

We deserved it.
I'm done melting. Whatever happens happens. He'll either stay or go. As long as he can help us shake a few bug bears (1 finals win at least!) before he goes. Still won't wish him luck if he goes to Norf though. As far as I'm concerned I'm happy for him to go anywhere but there!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back