Player Watch #4: Dustin Martin

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dusty has us over a barrel. Carr can go get the highest offer he can and the Dusty just says I want to stay but you have to match it. We have no leverage.

We should stop rooting around and put a buddy style 8 year , 11million + deal to him.
By year 4 it will be a bargain. He is the best player in the game and will be able to go forward as he gets old. He's durable as well.

Dusty has us over a barrel. Carr can go get the highest offer he can and the Dusty just says I want to stay but you have to match it. We have no leverage.

We should stop rooting around and put a buddy style 8 year , 11million + deal to him.
By year 4 it will be a bargain. He is the best player in the game and will be able to go forward as he gets old. He's durable as well.

The only ace we hold is to match. If we raise our offer then Carr simply takes it to Nth and gets them to raise. Unfortunately i think we wait and hope no further offers come. Then we match if we want to.

Why does everyone in the media forget about his 2015 contract extension?

Dustin Martin after signing the extension in Feb 2015: “The club been massive for me. They’ve been a massive part of my life since I was 18 and they’ve taught me a lot about life and a lot about footy as well. We’re all in this together. I got here when ‘Dimma’ (coach Damien Hardwick) first started, so it’s been a bit of a journey so far, and we certainly want to stay together and finish it off.”

But yeah, he's still mad about the 2013 negotiations (when he still ended up signing).

We can harp on about how much we "saved Martin's life", but the bottom line is we took advantage of his "off-field" issues to cheap out and lowball an elite star of the competition on his last deal.

I hated it at the time and always feared that move would come back to haunt us. Would be vintage Richmond admin ******* this up....
No that was the 2nd before last contract not the latest one he signed a few years ago.

Caro reckons the RFC have offered 1.1 to 1.2

Well it makes sense. That's our max in my opinion. I think if we go more, it's jeopardising the list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lids was durable too...

Staggered North are the only suitors still in the running. Unless there's someone else who hasn't made their interest public.

That's good news for us. Having Carr as his manager might actually be a blessing in disguise. He is such a loose cannon other clubs would be wary of dealing with him, as he has a tendency to play this game of brinkmanship, using other clubs to scare us.

In the past this has blown up in his face, and we've retained Dusty for unders. We will get a bit of indigestion signing him this time around, but we should be grateful our only hurdle is the desperadoes at Arden St.

I feel sorry for those poor North supporters. If this deal doesn't go through, the future looks pretty bleak, and it may crush them completely.

200k simply ain't enough of a premium to not play finals for next 4+ years , play at Etihad /Tasssie rather than MCG and leave the comfort of all his mates ,,,,to break that you'd want a shitload more than extra 200k a year when we re already over 1m
To want to go to lolnorf you would want to have lifted the cup already at the club your departing because they arent making finals till at least 2023 dusty or no dusty. They are the only club in victoria i wouldnt give two shits about if dusty left us because their list needs a complete overhaul. So many oldies still their better players.

Why does everyone in the media forget about his 2015 contract extension?

Dustin Martin after signing the extension in Feb 2015: “The club been massive for me. They’ve been a massive part of my life since I was 18 and they’ve taught me a lot about life and a lot about footy as well. We’re all in this together. I got here when ‘Dimma’ (coach Damien Hardwick) first started, so it’s been a bit of a journey so far, and we certainly want to stay together and finish it off.”

But yeah, he's still mad about the 2013 negotiations (when he still ended up signing).
Just heard the brown report and its just pure waffle, and yes the last contract was NOT the gws stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back