Player Watch #4: Dustin Martin

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Media flogs talking up Dusty leaving to different clubs each week - yawn. If he wants to leave for money, we should threaten to match. With Charlie around his neck he would be worth 4 first rounders. Force a trade if he wants to leave which I don't think he will.

You know what is so funny, only last week C7 had Dusty home and hosed to NSW and when that fell flat on its face they have reverted back to lolnorf and made up some stories to add to it.

Everyone has said Dusty is staying except C7 who are invested heavily in getting Dusty out of Richmond and that is how they are going to report.

TOM BROWN IS FULL OF SHIT
" ANYONE who ******* knows anything knows the whole story of shane Martin being pissed off about richmond lowballing dustin is a
******* MYTH and uneducated smegma like tom fall for it
Hey tommy eat shit and die
I think they got that off big footy, werent we all hanging shit on the lolnorf board for the shit they were making up re this, lo and behold C7 have gone with it.

TOM BROWN IS FULL OF SHIT
" ANYONE who ******* knows anything knows the whole story of shane Martin being pissed off about richmond lowballing dustin is a
******* MYTH and uneducated smegma like tom fall for it
Hey tommy eat shit and die
You should stop holding back and tell us what you really think :p

Geez the norf flogs think it's inevitable he joins them based from that absolute bottom feeder Tom Browne, still confident he will re-sign seen nothing to make me think otherwise.

Geez the norf flogs think it's inevitable he joins them based from that absolute bottom feeder Tom Browne, still confident he will re-sign seen nothing to make me think otherwise.

Meh....if he goes there he goes there. They live to troll us at the moment. They may get either Dusty or Kelly....I can't see them pulling off both. So they will jump a few spots on the ladder, get nowhere near the 8 and inch closer to Tassie. Ablett Jnr has proven that a champion in a side full of spuds is just a champion in a side full of spuds. Will lmao every week when either of these 2 messiahs don't really make that much of a difference to them.

Media flogs talking up Dusty leaving to different clubs each week - yawn. If he wants to leave for money, we should threaten to match. With Charlie around his neck he would be worth 4 first rounders. Force a trade if he wants to leave which I don't think he will.

Lol four first rounders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Let's say Dusty does leave and we find ourselves with some spending money. Where do we look?

Nowhere. Deals are done, its too late in the game to start negotiating for anyone within cooee of Dusty. Would have to be next year.

Nowhere. Deals are done, its too late in the game to start negotiating for anyone within cooee of Dusty. Would have to be next year.

I would have thought we'd be working on a contingency plan. You may be right though, it may be too difficult or not the done thing (to talk to a player without really knowing you are in a position to do so).

Dusty has us over a barrel. Carr can go get the highest offer he can and the Dusty just says I want to stay but you have to match it. We have no leverage.

We should stop rooting around and put a buddy style 8 year , 11million + deal to him.
By year 4 it will be a bargain. He is the best player in the game and will be able to go forward as he gets old. He's durable as well.

Carr has no loyalty to Richmond, nor does he have any to Sydney, Carlton, St Kilda, North Melbourne or Essendon.
His only allegiance is to HIS players, including Dusty.
He has an obligation to get his player the best deal.
He's doing his job!

I would have thought we'd be working on a contingency plan. You may be right though, it may be too difficult or not the done thing (to talk to a player without really knowing you are in a position to do so).

Hard to replace Dusty. Contingency might be a young up and comer that we could potentially trade for. Or Rockliff lol

He's durable but so was deledio, Will run into issues eventually
He isnt blistering like Lids so I dont think he will get the soft tissue issues.
He could play 3-5 years in the forward line if his body does start to go.
He has only just turned 26 so he has 4 years of midfield time left in him at a minimum
I get the impression Dusty is someone that would want to play footy as long as he can as well.

I dont think we should give Dusty any more than 1 mill a year, and if he wants more than that from richmond he is just greedy,
also that is just disrespectful to his team mates, Cotchin, Rance and Reiwalt true champions of our club all signed long term deals
for unders. If you dont want to play for Richmond Dusty WE DONT WANT YOU!!

The other thing too I guess is do you try? Or do you bring Graham on quicker (try to). Use the mill on a KPF.

Graham looks good so far, could probably play instead of Prestia at the moment. Wouldn't mind seeing him getting a game before the end of the year to see if he is an option of we need him come finals.

Problem we have is Dusty is such a brute forward of centre. Can also play as a forward and gives us so much flexibility. There's really no other player like him. It would really stuff up our unpredictability if he left. Our list has holes as it is, him going plus our ruck and KPF issues would cause us massive issues.

Hopefully the brains trust is not overrating the list based on our performances so far this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back