AFL Player # 4: Kyle Langford

Kyle is a...

• pure mid

• pure forward

• mid/forward

• forward/mid

• AFL footballer! (and I don't care where he plays)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Knows what to do when forward but we already knew that.

Seems to have a licence to roam, seemingly from a wing so I'm not inclined to give him any points for getting the ball.

I'm more concerned with his physical impact which was mostly inspid and his ball use which was average at best (and not under a lot of pressure).

Didn't think much of his game at all, to be honest.

Knows what to do when forward but we already knew that.

Seems to have a licence to roam, seemingly from a wing so I'm not inclined to give him any points for getting the ball.

I'm more concerned with his physical impact which was mostly inspid and his ball use which was average at best (and not under a lot of pressure).

Didn't think much of his game at all, to be honest.
I thought he was serviceable and one of our better players over 4 quarters, but not as good as many people on here think. Might have been a bit rusty like most players.

I think this game probably proves he is a forward more than a mid. Decision-making and disposals are too slow to be a FT mid. Langford should mostly play forward. Parish should be playing in the midfield.

How'd he go in the ruck? Few stints here and there could harden him up a bit

It might have been what kept him involved for the entirety of the match.

Merrett 5/5
Saad 4/3
Rampe 0/4 (guess who?)
Francis 3/0
Florent 2/0
Lloyd 0/2
McGrath 1/0
Langford 0/1

Left would be Woosha, right Horse IMO. Although the bottom 4 could be anyone

...and Parish looks his best playing midfield.
It's a real shame that Parish has to play HF & Langford in the middle, if only there were some way that this could be sorted out.
I am glad they saved Parish.

Langford looked great. If we can keep him playing like that then I'll be bloody happy.

Predominantly forward with stints through the midfield is a good role for him. He actually is really good as a forward. He knows how to time his leads and use his body to take a mark and he's normally a pretty decent set shot (did miss by a mile yesterday though in one of his attempts). Also good deliverer of the ball inside 50. I'd say he's markedly better than guys like Townsend and Laverde.

If he plays mostly as a forward he'll kick a goal a game and average 15 touches or thereabouts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Merrett 5/5
Saad 4/3
Rampe 0/4 (guess who?)
Francis 3/0
Florent 2/0
Lloyd 0/2
McGrath 1/0
Langford 0/1

Left would be Woosha, right Horse IMO. Although the bottom 4 could be anyone

I suggest the Longmire 2 and 1 would be Lloyd and McGrath while Worsfold's would be Florent and Langford.

I am glad they saved Parish.
I can appreciate that POV and sure it helped that he wasn't gassed by the last quarter but how long are we going to keep doing it? He looked really good second half of last year playing a lot more midfield time and now it seems we're back to him struggling in the forward line, he's good enough to be in the rotation all game.

I can appreciate that POV and sure it helped that he wasn't gassed by the last quarter but how long are we going to keep doing it? He looked really good second half of last year playing a lot more midfield time and now it seems we're back to him struggling in the forward line, he's good enough to be in the rotation all game.
To be honest if we win I do really care that much. I have no doubts on him being good enough to be in the middle but for mine it is a luxury to be able to have him up our sleeve.

To be honest if we win I do really care that much. I have no doubts on him being good enough to be in the middle but for mine it is a luxury to be able to have him up our sleeve.
Think Parish getting extra midfield time > Langford gives us more wins, obviously just opinion as the AFL doesn't have publicly available data on win shares and success of different midfield combos etc.

Most underrated bloke on the list.

Not sure about that, I mean he's been plenty shit in games gone past.

Cracking start to the year though.

Not sure about that, I mean he's been plenty shit in games gone past.

Cracking start to the year though.

Sure but he has never got the leeway other young players get, he's always been marked so harshly.

I think it's because he's big like Fyfe, Cripps, Bont and he got compared to them so much and he always fell short. (obviously)

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Player # 4: Kyle Langford

Back