AFL Player # 4: Kyle Langford - Bent the knee, announces 2042 Father-Son/Daughter Pick - 11/06

Kyle is a...

• pure mid

• pure forward

• mid/forward

• forward/mid

• AFL footballer! (and I don't care where he plays)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

And we need to use him more as a decoy and stop just kicking it to him in a contest while he is struggling.
If the opposition want to put the best defender on him then get him to run where the football is not going to go. Allows a better match up for someone else or an easier match up fo him to create.
It wouldn’t matter. Barrass would have the footy heat-seeking him anyway. How else do you explain Stringer kicking it to him from a set shot inside 50 when Barrass was the only player within 20m of goal? It just kept going to him all day.

As a Bonce said, it’s likely a niggle. His kicking range doesn’t seem affected though just mobility. Definitely not his usual movement in forward 50.
Wouldn’t be surprised if it’s more than a niggle, as it is more likely to be the joint itself if he’s playing through it and with the fact he doesn’t appear to move as if he has sore quads or hamstrings which would limit the range of motion. Probably in for surgery at the end of the year would be my guess.

Wouldn’t be surprised if it’s more than a niggle, as it is more likely to be the joint itself if he’s playing through it and with the fact he doesn’t appear to move as if he has sore quads or hamstrings which would limit the range of motion. Probably in for surgery at the end of the year would be my guess.
Was thinking the same actually. Hopefully not though 🤞

Needs to come out and kick a bag this week, feel he's been well held the last month or so (outside the tigers game)

What’s happened to the kicking? Is (was) the most, beautiful, pure, dead straight kick at goal we had. Looks horribly out of sorts now - that shot in the last he couldn’t get distance or accuracy.
Imagine a hip issue would do that…I’d say it’s still impacting him.

He did actually play better tonight than he has for last few weeks. He was pretty good I thought. Although, yes - kicking not what it has been.

Imagine a hip issue would do that…I’d say it’s still impacting him.

He did actually play better tonight than he has for last few weeks. He was pretty good I thought. Although, yes - kicking not what it has been.

He’s kicked 33 with seven games left in the season tbf, with a couple of big games he’ll probably kick 50 again.

He’s kicked 33 with seven games left in the season tbf, with a couple of big games he’ll probably kick 50 again.
He only had a couple of poor games. Even in some of the games where he hasn’t been great he’s still kicked 2-3.

He’s been getting the #1 defender since the GWS game I think which has changed things up for him.

Last edited:
Back