AFL Player # 4: Kyle Langford

Kyle is a...

• pure mid

• pure forward

• mid/forward

• forward/mid

• AFL footballer! (and I don't care where he plays)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Was horrible. Don't know what game you guys were watching. Missed two easy set shots, got caught HTB despite having an eternity and selfishly took a shot and failed to make the distance by 20 odd metres. He showed a bit of footballing instinct with a clever tap to the goal square in a stoppage but as a whole, it wasn't good. Haven't said that, it was only his first game.
Harsh but honest. I thought he was worst on ground for us.

I won't write him off obviously but it wasn't a good debut.

Harsh and ignorant.

Missed two shots, it happens to everyone, who gives a shit.

Got caught holding the ball by a ripping tackle. It was the tackle that deserved HTB and not him being unaware or the like. He took a shot because he was about to be tackled by two Saints from memory and there was absolutely no one in front of him or near him, I mean FFS, what do you want from him with that?

But to completely ignore things such as how he managed to produce those scoring shots in the first place by his good movement and timing of leads (forwards who move, who the **** would've thought they exist?), his poise in traffic and his nous of reading the play is just plain and simply being ignorant of the foundations of a classy player.

To say he was worst on ground is an absolute ****ing laugh. Especially when you have a KPF whose contribution for the day was three handballs and three free kicks against in three quarters.

I'd much rather a debutant show they can get them self in the position to have shots and affect the game than a debutant who runs around like a headless chook and manages to kick a goal or two.

Last edited:
Harsh and ignorant.

Missed two shots, it happens to everyone, who gives a shit.

Got caught holding the ball by a ripping tackle. It was the tackle that deserved HTB and not him being unaware or the like. He took a shot because he was about to be tackled by two Saints from memory and there was absolutely no one in front of him or near him, I mean, FFS. what do you want from him with that?

But completely ignore things such as how he managed to have those shots in the first place by his good movement and timing of leads (forwards who move, who the **** would've thought they exist?), his poise in traffic his nous of reading the play.

To say he was worst on ground is an absolute ******* laugh. Especially when you have a KPF whose contribution for the day was three handballs and three free kicks against in three quarters.

I'd much rather a debutant show they can get them self in the position to have shots and affect the game than a debutant who runs around like a headless chook and manages to kick a goal or two.
To displace Joe Daniher as worst on ground today would take epic levels of bad....Langford was nowhere worst on ground.

Harsh but honest. I thought he was worst on ground for us.

I won't write him off obviously but it wasn't a good debut.
Disagree strongly. He was a long way off from worst on ground (for us). His debut was good, and showed promising signs.

What did you expect in his first senior game? 10 contested marks and 10 goals.

Disagree strongly. He was a long way off from worst on ground (for us). His debut was good, and showed promising signs.

What did you expect in his first senior game? 10 contested marks and 10 goals.
C'mon............he was not good at all. Admittedly I was harsh with the worst on ground call (completely erased any memory of Daniher playing in this game). Oh and to say that he missed two easy set shots was no big deal is incredibly dumb.

C'mon............he was not good at all. Admittedly I was harsh with the worst on ground call (completely erased any memory of Daniher playing in this game). Oh and to say that he missed two easy set shots was no big deal is incredibly dumb.

yo, that's just straight up ignant dawg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Especially for the first woman to play AFL!
Aaron Young has him/her covered.
YOUNG%20Aaron.png

Happy with his debut.

Yes he missed some shots but that is nerves, Will play 6 games this season at a guess

(I come in peace)

Was quite impressed with Langford today, with the right development, will be a real player for your side over many years. Was never going to dominate at 18/19 like Bont or Aish but has most of the attributes of a fine, modern, utility. There's a reason more than a scouts rated him top 10 :)

(I come in peace)

Was quite impressed with Langford today, with the right development, will be a real player for your side over many years. Was never going to dominate at 18/19 like Bont or Aish but has most of the attributes of a fine, modern, utility. There's a reason more than a scouts rated him top 10 :)
I think he'll make a fine 3rd tall forward, if he kicked the two set shots everyone would've rated his game a lot higher.

Your draftees all put in solid efforts today, Lonie was exceptional.

Not ready for AFL which is par for the course for most first year players - Prefer he plays in the VFL.

Depends on opposition. Playing against Freo this week will be a no-no for his development and confidence as he'd struggle against tough opposition and home crowd pressure. Happy to consider him for the north match though.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Player # 4: Kyle Langford

Back