AFL Player # 4: Kyle Langford

Kyle is a...

• pure mid

• pure forward

• mid/forward

• forward/mid

• AFL footballer! (and I don't care where he plays)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Opp coaches know he’s our main goal kicking target. He gets shut down and then there’s Harry jake and Pete as other options. None of which have been shooting stars recently.
Cox has been great as an option last 2 weeks.

One of the shittest takes I've seen. Congratulations.
But he missed a goal one time against Collingwood and played injured vs Carlton. Undisputed choking champion.

Teams have worked out he’s our #1 forward and he’s seeing better quality defenders as a result. Last night aside, he’s still kept the scoreboard ticking over.

Wright, Stringer and Jones need to take advantage of their match ups but haven’t been able to. Two issues I can see:

1) They aren’t working as a group to free each other up. Working out who has the mismatch and exploiting it.

2) No connection with mids at the moment. The ball is going to what looks like the right spot but nobody is home.

Also, Stringer taking too many CBA’s for me. Was in the middle last night while Setterfield was ona wing - made no sense to me.

Teams have worked out he’s our #1 forward and he’s seeing better quality defenders as a result. Last night aside, he’s still kept the scoreboard ticking over.

Wright, Stringer and Jones need to take advantage of their match ups but haven’t been able to. Two issues I can see:

1) They aren’t working as a group to free each other up. Working out who has the mismatch and exploiting it.

2) No connection with mids at the moment. The ball is going to what looks like the right spot but nobody is home.

Also, Stringer taking too many CBA’s for me. Was in the middle last night while Setterfield was ona wing - made no sense to me.
They keep putting stringer in the middle and he’s making zero impact in there/ the player he’s standing next to is doing damage against us

Great news. Awkward language a few weeks after Brad Scott on Tarryn Thomas though.
Hit one target... I mean, I get it, but...
If that's where your mind went.... 🤷‍♂️

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looked a little sore and missed opportunity to give him a extended rest before the bye.

I'd play caddy instead against the Eagles if not 100% after the bye.

Could leave caddy in for a few weeks and drop whoever out of Wright/Jones doesn't perform against the Eagles or when langford is ready.

It's not just today. It's been like this for a while.
And we need to use him more as a decoy and stop just kicking it to him in a contest while he is struggling.
If the opposition want to put the best defender on him then get him to run where the football is not going to go. Allows a better match up for someone else or an easier match up fo him to create.

And we need to use him more as a decoy and stop just kicking it to him in a contest while he is struggling.
If the opposition want to put the best defender on him then get him to run where the football is not going to go. Allows a better match up for someone else or an easier match up fo him to create.
Did we do that better today? Felt like it to me watching from home but I'm not the most astute observer of stuff happening off the ball.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Player # 4: Kyle Langford

Back