AFL Player # 4: Kyle Langford

Kyle is a...

• pure mid

• pure forward

• mid/forward

• forward/mid

• AFL footballer! (and I don't care where he plays)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Kyle isn't our biggest problem but I would look at letting him drift up the ground more then he does.

Tbh, he has had 1 great year in 10 years.

Yeah, yeah I know out of position etc but I think he needs to be a lot more useful and accountable now. Former top 20 pick...ONE great year and most of this one are his only passes.
Accuracy a big thing for him this year, if he was just a little more accurate he would have pretty much matched last year. Considering how bad our entries are I’d say his last two years have been great overall.

IMG_2882.png

IMG_2881.png

Kyle, along with the team, looked pretty good in the first half of the season, basically playing as a smart undersized FF.
Somewhere along the way, he got an injury we never heard about publicity, but I see posters saying it was hip, which makes sense.
He lost his zip and kick. Without that, it doesn't matter how smart he is.
The question I have is, is it an injury that can be overcome?

Accuracy a big thing for him this year, if he was just a little more accurate he would have pretty much matched last year. Considering how bad our entries are I’d say his last two years have been great overall.

View attachment 2094404

View attachment 2094405
Would you leave him forward then or let him move up the ground somewhat?

Why would they not at least give him a few weeks to rest?

It wouldn't have healed a meniscus tear in that time, but it would give him a few %, and it's not like he played very well in the second half of the year anyway.

I don't really like that the club kept playing him knowing he had meniscus tear, even if minor.

No wonder he was turning like a bus and could rarely get any separation off his man.

Bizarre statement. Majority of AFL players would be playing through some form of injury. He wasn’t completely useless out there he just wasn’t his prime self for the second half of the year. Club managed him well to get him through the season from what I can see.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Player # 4: Kyle Langford

Back