Past #4: Liam Anthony - delisted by NM end '14 - 4th in 2016 Sandover Medal

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't usually partake in the LA bashing on this board, but I agree. He's a huge liability. Easily the most had prone player out there - constantly missing targets fumbling dropping the ball gets brushed off like a fly in the tackle has minimal second effort.
I'm at the point where I just close my eyes when he's near the ball hope

You're an idiot. Anthony got down and dirty for us today and had a good game. He made four tackles for the game; that's more than Thomas, Adams and Wells. He also had nine contested possessions which is equal to those guys and fifth for the team.

That "no tank" comment is ****en stupid, as is the comparison to Greenwood. Seriously, what game were you watching?

You're an idiot. Anthony got down and dirty for us today and had a good game. He made four tackles for the game; that's more than Thomas, Adams and Wells. He also had nine contested possessions which is equal to those guys and fifth for the team.

That "no tank" comment is ****en stupid, as is the comparison to Greenwood. Seriously, what game were you watching?

The fact he hasn't been able to run out the first two games. Was stuffed after a Quarter last f*kn week.

He gets soft disposals. Stats mean nothing.

When you see him sh*t himself at the contest, that doesn't go down in the stats book.

He is another Sam Power that hides behind stats.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Go watch the last quarter, he jogs when he chases yet when we have the footy he is pushing hard. This would be ok if he was damaging with the footy but he is one of the most tentative kicks in the afl.

I honestly don't get why there is so much love for Liam at this club and on this board.

Name one good thing or game he has won for us?

Correct. Zippo.
Agree. Why people defend him is beyond me. He doesn't belong out there. He never cops a good tag or opponent and is just ineffective week in week out - turns it over time and time again, could never turn a match. Just a vanilla spud

Anthony definitely not the reason for our loss today, in fact I thought he was ok. Harper has to be dropped and Hansen might be looked at too.

The bombs from the back half from gibbo today made me cringe when he had so much more time. We really need quarter back type half back flanker to control the kicking.

The fact he hasn't been able to run out the first two games. Was stuffed after a Quarter last f*kn week.

He gets soft disposals. Stats mean nothing.

Firstly, every player on the ground was stuffed by the end. It was a tough game you moron. Secondly, he dug right in at the end.

When you see him sh*t himself at the contest, that doesn't go down in the stats book.

When did he shirk a contest today? Seriously, tell me when?

No single payer is the reason we lost today - but our bottom 4-5 are passengers and Anthony is always in that bracket, never improves makes the same errors.

Gibson isn't up to it either.. . There is a reason these guys were overlooked in the draft initially!!!

Every time I see Gibson or Anthony with the footy... I cringe.

If we are going to be a serious finals contender in years to come, we have to get better supporting midfielders then these two clowns.

Not good enough. Comical that anyone would defend him. He gets uncontested possessions, makes poor decision and can't kick. His possessions are useless and when they give the ball back to the opposition he's not just useless but a massive liability. We can't afford to carry players like Anthony. He's not good enough and never will be.

Firstly, every player on the ground was stuffed by the end. It was a tough game you moron. Secondly, he dug right in at the end.

When did he shirk a contest today? Seriously, tell me when?

Are you his mother?

If i had a dollar for every contest LA has shirked over the last 3 years, I'd be a very rich man.

I've seen enough of his softness at the contest and poor disposal to last a lifetime.

There is nothing about LA that excites me.

And he hasn't got a big tank at all. He might do well over a 3km time trial... but footy is about stop / start sprinting... and LA does not have that.... he does not have a burst of speed that makes the opposition worry... ever time he sprints.. he is stuffed.... maybe he should become a amateur runner or something.

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #4: Liam Anthony - delisted by NM end '14 - 4th in 2016 Sandover Medal

Remove this Banner Ad

Back