Past #4: Liam Anthony - delisted by NM end '14 - 4th in 2016 Sandover Medal

Remove this Banner Ad

Even Paul Roos has questioned LA and as much as I hate him he is a pretty good judge. Gibson is 10 times the player that LA is but I don't think we will drop in.

Every team has at least 2 players that wake up every morning thinking Im the luckiest bloke on earth to be playing AFL footy. Some of these blokes must giggle to themselves when they look at there bank accounts.

This wasn't one of his worst games but he's still well below AFL standard for a winger. His performance today was also below AFL standard for a winger. Seriously, name me a regular AFL wingman who is worse than LA. Bonus points if they're from a top 8 club.

The bloke is just as dangerous (to us) with his handballing. I've never known a bloke to stand out so much for his shit handballing. Don't even get me started on his kicking or the game high 4 ****ing free kicks he gave away.

The worst part is we can't drop him because we have no one else who can play the position. Don't be surprised if we see Sierakowski sooner rather than later and I don't exactly have high hopes for him.

His handballing is as bad as I've ever seen from an AFL player. Some efforts trying to get a link-up going through the middle of the ground were actually comically poor. Handballs to stationary teammates, handballs to teammates under pressure.. LA has got them all.

He does knock up getting the footy though, and given he'll torch maybe one out of every three or four possessions, I'd take 20-30 touches where 15-25 of them are at least in the right direction. Even though they're not always.

This wasn't one of his worst games but he's still well below AFL standard for a winger. His performance today was also below AFL standard for a winger. Seriously, name me a regular AFL wingman who is worse than LA. Bonus points if they're from a top 8 club.

The bloke is just as dangerous (to us) with his handballing. I've never known a bloke to stand out so much for his shit handballing. Don't even get me started on his kicking or the game high 4 ******* free kicks he gave away.

The worst part is we can't drop him because we have no one else who can play the position. Don't be surprised if we see Sierakowski sooner rather than later and I don't exactly have high hopes for him.

List all regular afl wingers and i will tell you who is better than LA.

Twice today his disposal, under no pressure resulted in a turn over and goal. I am not into bashing any of our team, no one makes mistakes on purpose, but I just don't think he is up to it.

one player makes a mistake and the team suffers, Drewy missed 2 certain goals today but I dont see his name being brought up.....let the coaching staff sought it out, but I do admit we do have a list where we can make changes.......and I do think they need to make some players an example.

I have wondered for a while why LA has never had an extensive run across HF or FP. The games where he has rested up forward, I have always been impressed with his kicking for goal, especially on the run. He has the selfish component a forward needs t do we'll and he is decent mark. It might be good to get patch away from HF if he is to play injured and give him some more space to lead and use his smarts and kicking skills.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

List all regular afl wingers and i will tell you who is better than LA.

Vince
MacKay
Van Berlo

Hanley
Zorko
Karnezis

Simpson

Sidebottom
O'Brien
Thomas

Stanton
Zaharakis

Pearce
Hill

Harbrow
Matera

Treloar
Coniglio
Whitfield

Duncan
Corey
Christensen
Motlop
Varcoe

Smith
Hill

Trengove
Howe
Blease
Toumpas

Newman
Grigg
Conca

Montagna
Steven
Gilbert

Jetta

Embley
Gaff
Masten

Higgins
Dahlhaus

Some teams tougher than others to pick because not everyone has a massive discrepancy between their inside and outside players like we do.

He was far from our worst. He needs to play forward of centre more so he can impact the scoreboard more. He is one of only players who works hard to provide an option for his teammates.

He needs to teach some of other teammates how to find the footy. Because at the moment we are carrying too many blokes who don't get enough touches

Vince
Mackay
Van Berlo

Hanley
Zorko
Karnezis

Simpson

Sidebottom
O'Brien
Thomas

Stanton
Zaharakis

Pearce
Hill

Harbrow
Matera

Treloar
Coniglio
Whitfield

Duncan
Corey
Christensen
Motlop
Varcoe

Smith
Hill

Trengove
Howe
Blease
Toumpas

Newman
Grigg
Conca

Montagna
Steven
Gilbert

Jetta

Embley
Gaff
Masten

Higgins
Dahlhaus

Some teams tougher than others to pick because not everyone has a massive discrepancy between their inside and outside players like we do.

Nice work - bold equal or better

Do you think McKenzie could play and contribute right now?

^ Are you saying he's better than the ones bolded? Go and watch a GWS game and come back when you're less ignorant. Treloar, Coniglio and Whitfield would walk into our 22.

What is that movie where the chik yells 'ignorant! You are all ignorant!'?

Damn it - This will keep me up tonight.

Edit: MJ on south park!

I didn't think Anthony was too bad today, did some really hard stuff and stuck some tackles. I know he fluffed a kick in the third when he kicked it short to Tarrant I think and it fell shirt but **** me, no one else was giving him an option. If he kicked it long it was all Geelong and dont forget it was his fantastic play across half back that won us the ball. The problem was he left most of the midfield behind him and had limited opportunities.

Those criticising him on today's game I doubt were at the game because so many times his options were limited. He played on Selwood in the first half and nullified him.

He was far from our worst. He needs to play forward of centre more so he can impact the scoreboard more. He is one of only players who works hard to provide an option for his teammates.

He needs to teach some of other teammates how to find the footy. Because at the moment we are carrying too many blokes who don't get enough touches

All this hate for Anthony, meantime Cunnnington gathers 12 disposals in the midfield. Apparently, we must continue to factor in the limited game time as he builds his engine?
Don't tell they were quality p's, they were not.

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #4: Liam Anthony - delisted by NM end '14 - 4th in 2016 Sandover Medal

Remove this Banner Ad

Back