Player Watch #40: Eddie Ford - re-signed until end of 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

I actually think given his marking power could be better utilised in defence.
Some of the work he was doing between the wing and HB against WC was really good. Just opened up the play with some good work getting hard possessions and using them well by hand.

I like him and he has a lot of talent but he really needs to pull it all together over this pre-season. I can see why we only gave him an additional year. I hope has a big 2025 as the forward line needs to undergo some serious reworking. Wing and/or HB reassignment might be a good call.

I like him and he has a lot of talent but he really needs to pull it all together over this pre-season. I can see why we only gave him an additional year. I hope has a big 2025 as the forward line needs to undergo some serious reworking. Wing and/or HB reassignment might be a good call.
Off all those forwards he is the one I think looks best up the ground. (Altho Duurs has shown a bit in the VFL as well.)

Had a bit of a shit game so can see why.

Needs to reset for a big 2025.
We lost by 100 points. He wasn't the only shit one. We need goals, there should have been others dropped before him, especially as he was the ONLY one dropped from that hot mess.

What's his actual position?

He's currently behind the following long term for medium forward

Zurhaar
Curtis
Duursma

And probably Brayden George if he gets going.

He's behind the following for a wing role

Scott
Stephens
McKercher
Tucker

He plays like a key forward but is way too short. Doesn't seem to structure up well. Seems like the type who'll go to local level one day and kick 100 out of the square, but that's not much for us at AFL level.

I don't mind the behind the ball suggestion but how many blokes can we hide on a half back flank?

I say this as a big fan of his attributes for what it's worth.

Hope being dropped for the last game serves Eddie well as an incentive for a big pre-season. I reckon there is a player in there waiting to burst out, like everyone, has things to work on, but has some nice tools on the belt already, out of contract this time next year, head down, arse up Elvis, do it.

He was back to putting in half efforts against the Bulldogs.

Real pathetic stuff given he was doing that earlier in the year and had to have a big game to reverse the trend.

Just a sign of a bloke who wants to do the minimum required it looks like.

Remember Clarko's speech about looking for flag players?

Oh that's right he only has a 1 year extension...

What was he thinking?

Next.....

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Real pathetic stuff given he was doing that earlier in the year and had to have a big game to reverse the trend.

What was he thinking?

Next.....

I still have hopes but we have a surplus of medium forwards.

Needs to make 2025 a winner.

What was he thinking?

Next.....
Writing him off now is stupidity. We'll see what he's made of when he gets a kick up the arse during preseason

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #40: Eddie Ford - re-signed until end of 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Back