AFL Player #40: Tex Wanganeen - Running and kicking drills at training - 23/3

Remove this Banner Ad

I've said a few times he shouldn't be delisted and I'll say it again.

He is probably 6 weeks into his season and now he is down back, he is starting to get going.

I've said a few times he shouldn't be delisted and I'll say it again.

He is probably 6 weeks into his season and now he is down back, he is starting to get going.

It will all depend on what enticing experienced players and free agents are available.

I wonder if we could tempt Jimmy Webster into a move north-west.

It will all depend on what enticing experienced players and free agents are available.

I wonder if we could tempt Jimmy Webster into a move north-west.

laughs in Dyson Heppell 2 year deal

Don't be fooled by the stat sheet, 20 possessions was nice but the impact was little.
Just good to see him getting a good run at it, finding a bit of the footy, and looking to have found a niche. For the first time in his career te trajectory is upwards. Whether that keeps him on the list or not is another thing altogether though.

Don't be fooled by the stat sheet, 20 possessions was nice but the impact was little.
He was okay. Good to see him get 20 touches. Was better defensively this week. Did not have Roberts level impact but he did what he needed to do.

Just good to see him getting a good run at it, finding a bit of the footy, and looking to have found a niche. For the first time in his career te trajectory is upwards. Whether that keeps him on the list or not is another thing altogether though.

A failed forward shifting back is the Essendon 1-wood. I don't see "it" with Tex across half back. Seems to get lost out of position and whilst his skills are neat, I haven't seen it on display as much as I thought I would.

He was okay. Good to see him get 20 touches. Was better defensively this week. Did not have Roberts level impact but he did what he needed to do.

Gets a pass due to numbers but im not buying the hype he has turned a corner

A failed forward shifting back is the Essendon 1-wood. I don't see "it" with Tex across half back. Seems to get lost out of position and whilst his skills are neat, I haven't seen it on display as much as I thought I would.

Gets a pass due to numbers but im not buying the hype he has turned a corner
I think he will be gone but he played okay. As far as not seeing at at half back. 3 games in a position is a good yardstick to make a judgment ?
Who is hyoing him as turned the corner ?
If his name was Wally Nobody I doubt you have the bar set where it is.
He has shown some good form at times but injury has stopped him getting a decent run at it and he will not get a spot on the main list based on another year of injury interrupted footy.
Would not shock if someone else took a chance on him as a rookie but his race is pretty much run with us.

I think he will be gone but he played okay. As far as not seeing at at half back. 3 games in a position is a good yardstick to make a judgment ?

If his name was Wally Nobody I doubt you have the bar set where it is.
He hasn't set the world on fire as a half back. Thats my comment

He has shown some good form at times but injury has stopped him getting a decent run at it and he will not get a spot on the main list based on another year of injury interrupted footy.
Would not shock if someone else took a chance on him as a rookie but his race is pretty much run with us.
Injuries have obviously held him back and another injury away from having a line put through him. Sometimes things just don't work out. If his name wasn't Wanganeen I doubt he is on the list

He hasn't set the world on fire as a half back. Thats my comment

Injuries have obviously held him back and another injury away from having a line put through him. Sometimes things just don't work out. If his name wasn't Wanganeen I doubt he is on the list
And I have said I think he was okay . That is not saying he has turned the corner . It seems it is you that has continually set the bar high . To say that if his name was not Wanganeen he would not be on the list is simply wrong IMO . He is a rookie that has shown some good ability when he has been fit which is not very often . We have given him three years . It has not worked out but he has 100% shown enough for us to give him that chance. You seem to be the one hung up on his name .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And I have said I think he was okay . That is not saying he has turned the corner . It seems it is you that has continually set the bar high . To say that if his name was not Wanganeen he would not be on the list is simply wrong IMO . He is a rookie that has shown some good ability when he has been fit which is not very often . We have given him three years . It has not worked out but he has 100% shown enough for us to give him that chance. You seem to be the one hung up on his name .
the turning the corner comment was not something you had mentioned at all mate

the turning the corner comment was not something you had mentioned at all mate
No one was saying he had turned the corner. The general comments where he was playing okay. Not great not blitzing it but playing okay .

Remove this Banner Ad

Back