Preview Round 6: Essendon vs Adelaide, Adelaide Oval, Friday 19/04/24 @ 7:40 PM

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
They did try Shiel forward last year as well so I’m interested to see which way they will go in regards to selection.
if anything can be taken from the VFL game, he isn't ready to play, from what i read, especially out of position.

i think as it stands caldwell will be playing, but we won't know until the team comes out.

very interested to see who replaces menzie, would be bold to use hind in the F50, but i could see him remaining as the substitute

Do we know if Roberts played limited time last week in the VFL? Only 14 disposals, his form has otherwise been good and probably deserves a go shortly.

Otherwise Tsatas played a half and was pretty good, and Hayes was pretty good.

Think those 3 names are the only ones likely to get a look-in this week, Caddy was ok in the VFL but wouldn't displace any of our talls and Draper & Goldstein were both fine and won't come out for Bryan (unless they manage Goldy).

Do we know if Roberts played limited time last week in the VFL? Only 14 disposals, his form has otherwise been good and probably deserves a go shortly.

Otherwise Tsatas played a half and was pretty good, and Hayes was pretty good.

Think those 3 names are the only ones likely to get a look-in this week, Caddy was ok in the VFL but wouldn't displace any of our talls and Draper & Goldstein were both fine and won't come out for Bryan (unless they manage Goldy).
comes back to playing someone out of position, would it be worthwhile to play tsatas as a sole forward or use him in conjunction with parish as a forward imo

I'm feeling excited for Friday, which is real bad. Time to put some money on Adelaide
Yep, Friday night on FTA, no family or other commitments, settle on the couch with a nice bottle of red and watch a cracking game of footy. What could possibly go wrong?

comes back to playing someone out of position, would it be worthwhile to play tsatas as a sole forward or use him in conjunction with parish as a forward imo

Not sure Tsatas has shown enough as a forward to be picked playing there, but his stint on the wing does show his tank is much improved so perhaps he could do that high half forward role a lot of clubs use a midfielder to fill.

I'd go with Hind into the 22 as a forward to replace Menzie, Hayes into the 22, and Laverde as sub.

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I expect Caldwell will be named but wont have confidence he is in the 22 until just before game time. From what I saw of the VFL (basically the whole game), Shiel shouldn't be playing. Simply needs more miles into his legs. Tsatas in if Caldwell doesn't get up and would be the sub anyway.

Will be interesting to see if they rest Hepp or Goldy ahead of Anzac Day. Yes, it is 6 day turnaround which isnt too bad, but we have had lots of travel and this would be the time to freshen them up 1/4 way thru season (and halfway to mid season bye). Hepp will probably play but I query if Bryan might come in for Goldy.

I expect Caldwell will be named but wont have confidence he is in the 22 until just before game time. From what I saw of the VFL (basically the whole game), Shiel shouldn't be playing. Simply needs more miles into his legs. Tsatas in if Caldwell doesn't get up and would be the sub anyway.

Will be interesting to see if they rest Hepp or Goldy ahead of Anzac Day. Yes, it is 6 day turnaround which isnt too bad, but we have had lots of travel and this would be the time to freshen them up 1/4 way thru season (and halfway to mid season bye). Hepp will probably play but I query if Bryan might come in for Goldy.
Has Bryan improved at all? i think hes just a very good VFL player who cant make the next step

Torn about going to this game - Crows supporters at home are the worst.
My favourite Crows supporters story -
Bunch of Crow-hards walking through the Football Park car park after a loss. They see a car with Vic number plates and totally trash it.
Turns out to be an Adelaide player’s car… player had just been traded back to Adelaide and hadn't yet re-registered his car.

My favourite Crows supporters story -
Bunch of Crow-hards walking through the Football Park car park after a loss. They see a car with Vic number plates and totally trash it.
Turns out to be an Adelaide player’s car… player had just been traded back to Adelaide and hadn't yet re-registered his car.
It was Tony Halls car and they keyed it from memory.

Yep, Friday night on FTA, no family or other commitments, settle on the couch with a nice bottle of red and watch a cracking game of footy. What could possibly go wrong?
You either have the best night of your life.. or you’re at Harvey Norman on Saturday morning buying a TV that doesn’t have a 5 iron sticking out of it

i'm not one to make bombastic predictions about our teams - but i feel like there's bound to be a big call soon (this week/next week) on laverde's spot in the side, with hayes & roberts both in decent VFL form, a game like this may be important to give them some genuine AFL time against a decent opposition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back