Player Watch #42: Kallan Dawson - [NMFC.com] - KD signs a 1-yr extension - Roo until end '25

Remove this Banner Ad

Never been happier to be so wrong about a selection.

Thought he was excellent on the weekend and will only get better with every game.
I reckon you just underestimated how much improvement he had in him as a raw, athletic part-time footballer coming into a professional environment. He was nowhere near the player he is now at Williamstown.

Another who's about to fly past Magoos.
I didn't bother with full stats, but Dawson does him on rebounds, whoever drafted Kallan deserves a pat on the back.

He's close to a lock after a handful of games. Will only get better.
1719910243315.png

And as I cop shite on here I will be searching out all those that said we need to keep Magoos, oh I want cause you know who you are, you daft campaigners :p

Another who's about to fly past Magoos.
I didn't bother with full stats, but Dawson does him on rebounds, whoever drafted Kallan deserves a pat on the back.

He's close to a lock after a handful of games. Will only get better.
View attachment 2036908

And as I cop shite on here I will be searching out all those that said we need to keep Magoos, oh I want cause you know who you are, you daft campaigners :p

The stats need to show intercepts.

I'm all for doing a victory lap, but McKay has shown a lot as an intercept defender while playing on the oppositions number one tall forward, both of which Dawson doesn't do (yet).

A magoo is still worth more than a Dawson, unless you have a comben, who is worth more than a magoo. Do you follow?

The stats need to show intercepts.

I'm all for doing a victory lap, but McKay has shown a lot as an intercept defender while playing on the oppositions number one tall forward, both of which Dawson doesn't do (yet).

A magoo is still worth more than a Dawson, unless you have a comben, who is worth more than a magoo. Do you follow?
Oh I follow and Magoo is a shitmen. He’s taken about 12 marks over the last 8 weeks . He ain’t intercepting shit. You lot over rated the heck out of Magoo. He’s for the tip.

You follow ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not elite obviously but very steady for his experience level and has a head on him for when to attack. Be fascinating to see how he goes once Logue is back and he has an even easier task (or provides outlet for Logue / Comben to eat up entries). I think he has enough to be a career journeyman. Good pickup.

Clarko and co definitely have a selection headache ahead with Logue coming back.

It would be interesting to know why he wasn’t given more games last year. He was playing solid vfl football without any obvious weaknesses(some said his kicking was average but it looked better than most of our senior defenders to me). We hardly had anything to lose by playing him more in 2023. Glad he’s establishing himself.

Clarko and co definitely have a selection headache ahead with Logue coming back.
Griff may genuinely have to wait.
I’m not sending Chom forward.
And they won’t play Logue forward as well coming off his knee reco.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back