Player Watch #42 Mykelti Lefau Re-Signed 2026

Remove this Banner Ad

having done an acl myself it is virtually impossible to put weight on it like he seemed to when being helped off. I am hoping for the best, it seems also crazy that they can't get the scans done until Monday.

having done an acl myself it is virtually impossible to put weight on it like he seemed to when being helped off. I am hoping for the best, it seems also crazy that they can't get the scans done until Monday.
Rance walked off the ground when he did his so maybe not

Plenty have walk off the ground with an acl.
Yeah this isn't unusual. Lenny Hayes did his ACL in the first quarter of a game and played out the rest of it. I believe it's tied to the level of damage to other parts of the knee. If it's literally just the ACL it doesn't necessarily impede standing or straight line movement.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

at least its not the same knee but yes this is ridiculous out of all the players he was maybe the most needed, we have no key forwards and every week he was improving and getting better and better.. i know we are up against it most games and will probs lose but watching these guys develop was getting me through... not anymore. o_O

Ok , unpopular opinion. tough unfortunate luck, but putting a new player in the position where he had to fly for everything and play the lone hand forward put unnecessary pressure on him, to just get to every contest and make a impact?
Nah, we are just farken cursed this year.
Back in my box

That's just not fair.

Sad Season 1 Episode 1 GIF by NBC

This is our third ACL from a marking or spoiling situation. They all landed awkwardly. How is this happening when players from years gone past especially in the 70's and 80's, but right up to Richo and Riewoldt, flew dozens of times every match and I don't remember many if any doing their knees. Richo, but that was Dunkley into the fence.

Are they not training enough for the high impact, or getting their techniques right. As a kid it was kick to kick all day at school, every day in the season. Did that teach us to do it correctly. I watched my son from a junior to a senior at decent levels, and never saw him one session doing marking drills. Are today's footballers like trained racehorses, a bit more brittle. 5 ACL's we have in one season, unprecedented.

Ok , unpopular opinion. tough unfortunate luck, but putting a new player in the position where he had to fly for everything and play the lone hand forward put unnecessary pressure on him, to just get to every contest and make a impact?
Nah, we are just farken cursed this year.
Back in my box
No fair enough, especially a rugby convert who would have little training in regard to marking technique.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #42 Mykelti Lefau Re-Signed 2026

Remove this Banner Ad

Back