Player Watch #42 Mykelti Lefau Re-Signed 2026

Remove this Banner Ad

Unbelievable.

The injury crisis is getting beyond a joke at this point. Club needs to make immediate changes to find out wtf is going on. At this rate 2025 will be a write-off before it begins as we already have 1/6th of our list "questionable/Out" for Round 1 next year already.
yep. not good enough having the work experience bloke handling such brutal injuries...

yep. this lost any scope of credibility when you mentioned Lenny Hayes. he an absolute warrior. holds no standing when talking about thw average acl.. also curious...have you done one? if you haven't then you have no idea....
My nephew has played the last 3 seasons without one, he's over 30, strong and a very good player, just runs in straight lines like old Jack used to.

He was a rugby player who played a bit of football at St.Kida on the peanut farm from memory. He kicked 25 gaols once because he could just run through players due to his size and athleticism. Played VFL but was not a marking forward, general player who also played midfield occasionally, certainly not a marking target. That takes practice, usually years of it.

To say he is a bit out of his league in the position he is playing is common sense.

If ACL's are such accidents, how can a club have 5 in one year, Brisbane 4, other clubs also, when they were relatively rare years ago.
stand rule

My daughter and I are both gutted, he was our favourite player this year and provided a ray of hope each game.

Without knowing him at all, but seeing how he carries himself and how hard he's worked, he won't be feeling sorry for himself for too long, he'll be doing everything he can to be back by mid 2025 or before.

Best of luck on a speedy recovery Mykelti, the whole Tiger army are behind you.

Hr was only signed for 2024 so the club better do the right thing and give him a 2 year deal so he can focus on recovery and get back next year. Naismith never warranted an extension and is ancient. Would hate to hear Lefau reinjures himself doing scaffolding when he should be focussed on recovery.

Someone needs to teach him how to turn his leg/knee when flying for speccies. He pole-axed Bolton last week and could've killed the cats player when he got injured. Hasn't anyone shown him the courteous technique? Can't be driving your knee into someone's skull when you weigh 100kg's. Could really do some everlasting damage.

Bloody shattering.
One of the few real positives for the season and I’ll admit he took me completely by surprise.
Best set shot in the team already and way better than I expected.
This just sums the season up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

5 ACL's now the most of any club this year.
And dare I say it not even half way through.
No bullshit if I’m a young player who can play I’m going to punt road this week and asking to train and play VFL for nothing.
What have you got to lose?

Hr was only signed for 2024 so the club better do the right thing and give him a 2 year deal so he can focus on recovery and get back next year. Naismith never warranted an extension and is ancient. Would hate to hear Lefau reinjures himself doing scaffolding when he should be focussed on recovery.

Someone needs to teach him how to turn his leg/knee when flying for speccies. He pole-axed Bolton last week and could've killed the cats player when he got injured. Hasn't anyone shown him the courteous technique? Can't be driving your knee into someone's skull when you weigh 100kg's. Could really do some everlasting damage.
It’s a good point he really was throwing himself around with caution to the wind , I suspect it was try and make a name for himself but I was def crude at times

I don’t think a new contract would be an issue. Has shown more then enough to be with us beyond 2024 for a few seasons.

Richmond will go into next season with 5 players down already. ACL's take a year to get over, so most won't be on the park round 1. Most will be ready early mid-season, but that is still significant.
They always seem to take a year to recover, then another to be completely confident in playing...

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #42 Mykelti Lefau Re-Signed 2026

Remove this Banner Ad

Back