Player Watch #43: Brynn Teakle

Remove this Banner Ad

His direct opponent had career best games in maybe 3 out of his 6 games. Williams, Marshall and Goldstein destroyed him. Essendon destroyed him too. It was largely overlooked as we won all those games.

Theres something to work with from an athletic point of view, but his football IQ was possibly the worst i’ve seen from someone that played at AFL level and his skills were non existant. Dropped probably 40 marks in his 6 games and his ruckwork was dire.

But, there is something there if he can improve by 25-30%. I hope he does as hes a great guy with a great attitude. Hope he makes it
If you thought that was Goldstein's best game, you need to up the dosage. We know here because we watched a few hundred of them. I'm pretty sure Marshall has played better games too. I'll grant you Williams. Nankervis? The bloke has 3 premiership medallions so a meaningless losing game against Port Adelaide won't be one he remembers fondly. Essendon had a couple of rucks double teaming him by the looks. Neither of them seems to have been dominant on their own but together they have done him in. So tell me again, which 2 rucks other than Williams had career best games?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"I'm not upset with this selection" is not saying the pick is a masterstroke. With what was available, Teakle fits a mould we simply do not have. A big mature body who can compete forward and give Xerri a rest mid-match when needed.
It hasn't worked so far for Clarko but he was always excellent at finding role players and extracting maximum value from them - Hale a good example. Hope this works out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back