Player Watch #43 Jacob Bauer

Remove this Banner Ad

Fingers and toe’s crossed that he gives us something on our list that we haven’t had for a long time- a medium/tall lead up forward .

Who knows 12-24 months time he could be playing that Fritsch/Gunston role alongside Lynch and JR (or his replacement). Don’t know if he’ll be the answer but we are crying out for this type.
Some variety in the f50 so we aren’t as predictable

Fingers and toe’s crossed that he gives us something on our list that we haven’t had for a long time- a medium/tall lead up forward .

Who knows 12-24 months time he could be playing that Fritsch/Gunston role alongside Lynch and JR (or his replacement). Don’t know if he’ll be the answer but we are crying out for this type.
Some variety in the f50 so we aren’t as predictable
Yea hopefully develops like those guys , and we can draft a conventional FF to follow on from jack

Hmm not sure about this. Started with 13.4 in 3 games and just 3 goals in 3 more games, with amazing hauls of 5 and 7 disposals during that time, and marks going from an average of 6-7 a game in the first 3 games down to just 3 or so marks TOTAL in the next 3…

Collingwood got who we badly needed with Carmichael... Payback for Bolton?

Hmm not sure about this. Started with 13.4 in 3 games and just 3 goals in 3 more games, with amazing hauls of 5 and 7 disposals during that time, and marks going from an average of 6-7 a game in the first 3 games down to just 3 or so marks TOTAL in the next 3…

Think we are ahead on that one with Bolton :D

Happy with the pick, his age means plenty of development time left, and we don't really have a medium marking forward on the list so he fills a gap from that sense.

Don't expect much in 2022, but keen to see him in the VFL and over the preseason.

Pies already got us back taking Fatty Kirby

(Log in to remove this ad.)

looks a very likely prospect a bit of the Ben Brown run up otherwise good hands and leap.

Have we ever successfully played a medium sized tall since Josh Caddy?

Not being negative for the sake of it but I can't see this selection playing much AFL footy. To me, he's no different to Noah Cumberland, so I'm sure where he fits in our style of play.

Reminds me of a Ben Lennon type which doesn't fit Dimma's footy style.

Have we ever successfully played a medium sized tall since Josh Caddy?

Not being negative for the sake of it but I can't see this selection playing much AFL footy. To me, he's no different to Noah Cumberland, so I'm sure where he fits in our style of play.

Reminds me of a Ben Lennon type which doesn't fit Dimma's footy style.
Yeah, kinda see what you are saying I’m not a huge fan of medium forwards overall they seem to not really fit into todays game especially lead our forwards like Dan Menzel, Rohan and even Cumberland, but what does stand out to me is he seems better over head and can be a threat in the air

Plus he’s still only 19 so still could add another cm or two
Riewoldt is only 193cm so with Bauer apparently 191cm if he has a legitimate aerial game and decent footy iq he could play a similar role

That reads to me like the opponents in the SANFL had no idea who he was early days and then started putting proper time into him once he showed he was above the level

As a young forward you’d hope he’d be able to continue developing

Yeah, kinda see what you are saying I’m not a huge fan of medium forwards overall they seem to not really fit into todays game especially lead our forwards like Dan Menzel, Rohan and even Cumberland, but what does stand out to me is he seems better over head and can be a threat in the air

Riewoldt is only 193cm so with Bauer apparently 191cm if he has a legitimate aerial game and decent footy iq he could play a similar role
I would say Bailey Fritch fits perfectly in to today's game as a medium sized marking forward ...and this guy has good hands and seems to read the play well and if he turns out half as good as Fritch it's a good pick up ...time as always will tell

He does not play like Cumberland or Rohan. This guy is much stronger overhead and so his weapon is his marking and not his speed even though he looks alright when the ball hits the ground. He could be an excellent decoy to Jack an Tom as long as he takes a spoiling defender away from them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #43 Jacob Bauer

Remove this Banner Ad

Back