Player Watch #43 Jacob Bauer

Remove this Banner Ad

I like this pick.

I do not like how many have pidgeon holed him into a forward position already.

He look like he has a straight run up to kick straight with set shots for goal but I liked his snap for goal from a bit of distance as well.

As far as Bailey Fritsch goes he is a left footer which creates space as most are looking for right footers.

Back to Bauer I like how he has played in defence and I think this guy could be versatile. Can he be a back/forward swingman? Can he play on a wing? can he play in the guts even? He could have a bit more strength and conditioning ideally, what can his endurance be like? Is there a little Jeremy Howe about him?

I like the pick, seems to be a value option and gives us a few more possibilities. Does this let Gibcus play forward with Bauer down back? does this allow Brown playing on a wing with Bauer down back? Good problem to have

Last edited:

Have we ever successfully played a medium sized tall since Josh Caddy?

Not being negative for the sake of it but I can't see this selection playing much AFL footy. To me, he's no different to Noah Cumberland, so I'm sure where he fits in our style of play.

Reminds me of a Ben Lennon type which doesn't fit Dimma's footy style.
I must be missing something coz I’ve never seen cumbo play like that , for mine he’s a poor mans Mitch Morton or if you like Ben Lennon , JB has a leap and mits like a steel trap , with jack retiring of course we need another bloody marking forward

I would say Bailey Fritch fits perfectly in to today's game as a medium sized marking forward ...and this guy has good hands and seems to read the play well and if he turns out half as good as Fritch it's a good pick up ...time as always will tell
Yeah spot on.

Our game style is evolving we are currently ranked the 3rd highest scoring team in the competition (unfortunately we are also leaking goals).

To maximise our scoring opportunities we are looking at guy’s that are good finishers and looking at adding variety to our forward set up.

Is he our Patrick Cripps with more forward prowess?

Might need to work on his goalkicking technique, goes back further than Dennis Lillee and kicks about 10 metres short of the man on the mark.

Otherwise seems to have a good pair of mitts and does seem to kick straight albeit cheating himself out of a few metres distance wise.
He'll be able to take shots from inside the centre square with your adjustments.

Not being negative for the sake of it but I can't see this selection playing much AFL footy. To me, he's no different to Noah Cumberland, so I'm sure where he fits in our style of play.

Jack Darling is 191cm

Fair enough if that how u see him.

From highlights I don’t see any of caddy or Lennon or Noah in him. First two lacked agility and athleticism.

Bauer looks and plays more like a Jeremy Howe - great leap and mark. Howe 1.90cm. Bauer 191cm. Both seem to look/play taller.

Club seems to think he's a genuine key forward so that's good. Hopefully he's not done growing just yet. That snap across the body from 50 running away from the goals in the highlights package is pretty special.

We do like getting a few youngsters from North Adelaide Markov and the champion Shane Edwards. Let's hope we have found our own Bayley Fritsh, think they said he was one player that nominated the conditions of a 18 month contract so we must see a bit in him 👌
Dont think so. Only ex afl listed players can nominate their terms. I think ex lion Connor Ballenden was the only player to do that. He wasn't picked up.

Hmm not sure about this. Started with 13.4 in 3 games and just 3 goals in 3 more games, with amazing hauls of 5 and 7 disposals during that time, and marks going from an average of 6-7 a game in the first 3 games down to just 3 or so marks TOTAL in the next 3…

Collingwood got who we badly needed with Carmichael... Payback for Bolton?
COLLINGWOOD WANTED DURKHAM

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kid will make a perfect replacement for Dylan Grimes. We might not kick many goals going forward but our backline will be the best in the league.
🤣

Bit of a free hit, so we can't really lose. I much prefer this pick to going down the recycled hack route again with another Parker.

I hope Bauer's drop off in form was because we told him we wanted to draft him and needed him to still be available at our pick. 🤣 🤣

Bit of a free hit, so we can't really lose. I much prefer this pick to going down the recycled hack route again with another Parker.

I hope Bauer's drop off in form was because we told him we wanted to draft him and needed him to still be available at our pick. 🤣 🤣
Apparently he missed a game with concussion this season, so that would explain a drop off.

Yeah, kinda see what you are saying I’m not a huge fan of medium forwards overall they seem to not really fit into todays game especially lead our forwards like Dan Menzel, Rohan and even Cumberland, but what does stand out to me is he seems better over head and can be a threat in the air

Plus he’s still only 19 so still could add another cm or two
Riewoldt is only 193cm so with Bauer apparently 191cm if he has a legitimate aerial game and decent footy iq he could play a similar role

I’m just glad we took a 19yo and not a mature aged or recycled player. It immediately helps our age profile swapping a 29yo for a 19yo. Add 3-4 more teenagers this draft and we will be a mid-range age profile team as soon as next season, then one of the youngest handful of teams come 2024.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #43 Jacob Bauer

Remove this Banner Ad

Back