Player Watch #44: Cameron Zurhaar - has re-signed until the end of 2029

Remove this Banner Ad

Why did Clarko abandon him getting time in the centre? It was one of the only positives in the dumpster fire that was the first half of the season.
Agree would like to see more centre bounce time for Zurhaar and Curtis in 2025. Think Clarkson often coached to teach rather than to win, and preferred to stick fat with the core midfield group instead mixing things up despite getting well beaten at times throughout the year. Yesterday prime example.

Back in training? Can anyone confirm…
If so brilliant….

It’s good that he is getting into early, but when you look at who is training him it’s not that inspiring.

Not sure 2 time delistee (Collingwood & Adelaide) and current Collingwood VFL player Ben Crocker is going to offer much more than any other PT from any other Melbourne based gym….

It’s good that he is getting into early, but when you look at who is training him it’s not that inspiring.

Not sure 2 time delistee (Collingwood & Adelaide) and current Collingwood VFL player Ben Crocker is going to offer much more than any other PT from any other Melbourne based gym….
I don't see how the fact Crocker got delisted from 2 AFL clubs holding any significance?

Has been well around the fitness side of things being delisted by the Crows.

I don't see how the fact Crocker got delisted from 2 AFL clubs holding any significance?

I know nothing about him so no preconceptions one way or another, do you know if he's worked with other players before and if he has a reputation or anything?

I know nothing about him so no preconceptions one way or another, do you know if he's worked with other players before and if he has a reputation or anything?
There's this little fluff piece out there from a couple of years ago working with AFL players.

Funnily enough works alongside ex-NMFC legend Tim Mcgenniss who also operates at Hurt Locker Richmond.

Could well be part of the master plan to lure Dan Houston to Arden St. Ben Crocker and Dan Houston were co-captains of Oakleigh Chargers back in the day.

A tenuous link but, given Dan’s wish to return to Melbourne, one I’ll grab onto.

Could well be part of the master plan to lure Dan Houston to Arden St. Ben Crocker and Dan Houston were co-captains of Oakleigh Chargers back in the day.

A tenuous link but, given Dan’s wish to return to Melbourne, one I’ll grab onto.
Need to lower expectations there a little. Last night it was all the talk he was going to the paper baggers

cam dropped a bunch of weight last year, the eye would say close to ten kg’s. if he can improve aerobic capacity…
Jim Carrey Chance GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The bloke who runs their gym used to be one of the Melbourne Storm strength and conditioning coaches. Qualifications for the other trainers there, including Cam's, aren't clear.

From the little I know of them, their training methods aren't my cup of tea, but at least he's doing something and at the very least a trainer will keep him accountable.

Zuurhar working with a pt style coach in the off season. Waste of time. Go see middle and long distance running coaches asap.

Stevo, Scott and Taylor seeing a pt style coach. Good idea. Any of them will gain benefit from that type of training

I presume they both live in your street too mate.

Crocker & Houston.

Sounds like characters out of an 80's police style TV show.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #44: Cameron Zurhaar - has re-signed until the end of 2029

Remove this Banner Ad

Back