Play Nice 45th President of the United States: Donald Trump - Part 17: Old Man Yells At Crowds

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShanDog

Cancelled
Podcaster
Aug 12, 2012
sv_cheats 1
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Edmonton Oilers
Mod Notice
* Thread monitored actively. User who drag it down will be removed

Specifically: reference to TDS (Trump Derangement Syndrome) and its counterpart 'Trumpanzee' or anything similar will no longer be allowed.

Personal attacks are also to be kept to a minimum.

As always, please submit ideas for the thread title by tagging me! Winner announced when I get around to it.

Joe Biden, 46th President Thread is over there ->

Presidential Election Aftermath thread is here ->

CNN have acknowledged they’re copping it…
I am in two minds about this.

Should CNN have given a nationally televised platform for everyone to see and judge the man who could quite possibly be the Republican nominee for the 2024 US President? Or is the alternative - for him to secure that candidacy on the back of his own friendly media outlets, effectively keeping his obnoxious lies 'in house' - a worse outcome?

By means of a BF analogy, we have a certain poster in the Port Adelaide politics thread who has posted what I think are some pretty offensive and bigoted views on Indigenous issues over time. But I have refrained for reporting them for removal because, even though I think they breach BF rules, they deserve to be seen and to get reactions - especially at a time when racist abuse of AFL players continues to get the headlines. It forces those of us with more moderate views to react and respond and takes the debate out of the shadows and echo chambers.

I think Cooper puts it best:

Last edited:

Should CNN have given a nationally televised platform for everyone to see and judge the man who could quite possibly be the Republican nominee for the 2024 US President? Or is the alternative - for him to secure that candidacy on the back of his own friendly media outlets, effectively keeping his obnoxious lies 'in house' - a worse outcome?

By means of a BF analogy, we have a certain poster in the Port Adelaide politics thread who has posted what I think are some pretty offensive and bigoted views on Indigenous issues over time. But I have refrained for reporting them for removal because, even though I think they breach BF rules, they deserve to be seen and to get reactions - especially at a time when racist abuse of AFL players continues to get the headlines. It forces those of us with more moderate views to react and respond and takes the debate out of the shadows and echo chambers.

Maybe you're right but they definitely shouldn't have given him a Fox-style audience that holler and cheer all the lying answers he gave. If he's such an alpha they should have put him in a room of Democrats.

That moderator was weak as p!ss too

Ideally teachers shouldn't need to carry. A must the way things are.
A great plan until a teacher turns that gun on kids or other teachers, or a 184 cm student overpowers the 165 home economics teacher, and uses her gun for a shooting.

Then what.

On SM-X200 using BigFooty.com mobile app

It's that he appeared in circumstances designed to make him look good.

On SM-X200 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Nah it's all he said she said like with all POTUS candidates. Taking trump on with civil suits ain't a victory. He can afford the claim, or convince rednecks (who can't afford it) to crowd fund it for him.

To stop Trump, this just ain't it. The worst damage one could do to his chances is to let him fade from headlines. If people like this lady wish to cash in while doing the opposite and benefiting his campaign, more power to them.
Can't help but notice you have steadfastly avoided the question here m8. Kinda sounds like you have no issues with the belittling of sexual abuse victims if you like the person who is doing it?

Pretty poor for a upstanding enlightened centrist such as yourself :tearsofjoy:

Can't help but notice you have steadfastly avoided the question here m8. Kinda sounds like you have no issues with the belittling of sexual abuse victims if you like the person who is doing it?

Go easy on him, he’s been shitposting in Bay 13 and doesn’t have time to defend accusations of him defending a convicted sexual predator.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Go easy on him, he’s been shitposting in Bay 13 and doesn’t have time to defend accusations of him defending a convicted sexual predator.
Friends, friends, fear not... there is plenty of FK to go around.

Is Trump a sexual predator? Is he corrupt? Sure, and the sky is blue. It's a bit of a catch 22 here though m8. Civil cases benefit no one but the lawyers involved, criminal cases probably don't have the required evidence for conviction (and would set off riots even if they did) so it's best to just ignore the fella if you don't want him around the levers of power.

For a guy like that, the only greater punishment than imprisonment is irrelevancy... glad to help.

Is Trump a sexual predator? Is he corrupt? Sure, and the sky is blue. It's a bit of a catch 22 here though m8. Civil cases benefit no one but the lawyers involved, criminal cases probably don't have the required evidence for conviction (and would set off riots even if they did) so it's best to just ignore the fella if you don't want him around the levers of power.

For a guy like that, the only greater punishment than imprisonment is irrelevancy... glad to help.
It’s too late to ignore him. He’s got a devoted following of ignorant and occasionally violent supporters, his own media ecosystem and no visible restraints. He needs to be defeated, not ignored.

I don't often agree with you Fire, but you are absolutely right, ignoring him and keeping him out of the media spotlight is the way to go.

I don't often agree with you Fire, but you are absolutely right, ignoring him and keeping him out of the media spotlight is the way to go.
Cheers m8. The Simpsons taught us in the 80s how to deal with "any publicity is good publicity" folk...

091c7d34-8364-4200-aea0-dc545c367d57_text.gif

How can he become irrelevant if he receives the Republican Presidential nomination m8? You make no sense.
Trump lost the 2020 election because people jumped off the 2016 Trump train as they realised that four years of Trump in power is four years too many.
Basically he got found out. That's what you do to phonies. You shine a light on them. You don't let them hide.
That CNN show was brilliant.
What's that old saying?
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.
I say give Donald Trump a microphone every day until election day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back