Play Nice 45th President of the United States: Donald Trump - Part 19: Law and Odour

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Off topic but:

Stephen King novel - spoilers but it's about 40 years old now - where the hero shoots at the Presidential candidate because he had a psychic vision of him setting off nuclear war. In that one the candidate held up a child to protect himself, and the picture of cowardice was beamed around the world.

"Dead Zone"? Something like that.

Yep, Dead Zone. Read it last year. Decent although the climax was a bit of a letdown.

Witness reports that people saw a man with a rifle climbing up and scaling the roof of a building outside the venue, and they alerted nearby police and uniformed officers about it for two to three minutes before he fired.

Yikes.
Probably thought it was a trump supporter exercising his gun rights

Would love our ABC to provide some historical perspective rather than adding to the media pile-on of histrionics of this single event.

Because understanding the history of violence behind the US democratic process and its fragility is what deserves our attention.

e.g. from former BBC and US political commentator and author, now living in Australia, Nick Bryant:

Trump thrives on hate as you know.

Emmy Awards No GIF by Emmys

So why did it take them so long to see what was going on??

Look, unlike others in here I'm not a trained sniper but at a guess they've got to be pretty certain before firing into a crowd.

Ah yes it’s only real news when it benefits Trump but any focus on his crimes, his lies, his ties with the mob, his dealings with the corrupt Deutsche bank, his friendship with Cohn. Epstein and his constant bloopers are fake news.

You really have come out of the MAGA closet, haven’t you🤣

You got your wish. Real Trump news now dominating the headlines.

You seem confused about how political systems work. Seats are in Congress, they're an entirely separate election to the Presidential election, which is based on the number of electoral college votes. The point is Trump wasn't the will of the majority, just the right people in the right places.

yes when i say seats, I'm referring to the electoral college.

Not congress.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

yes when i say seats, I'm referring to the electoral college.

Not congress.

Nice backpedal but they aren't seats. They also aren't indicative of a majority vote. Plenty of US Presidents get elected with less of the popular vote.

Tucker Carlson the oracle. FMD.

He is just merely stating the obvious - history has shown us that US Presidential candidates are prime targets for assassination attempts by loonies from BOTH sides of politics.

Ironically, its the sort of hateful insurrectionist rhetoric that Carlson and Trump have regularly engaged in that serves as a motivator for these 'nutjobs'

See:

Can't believe I'm nodding my head along with all your posts, and then I see you're a Port Power supporter! :eek: ;)

Nice backpedal but they aren't seats. They also aren't indicative of a majority vote. Plenty of US Presidents get elected with less of the popular vote.

i know they aren't actual seats. it's just a term i used.

it doesn't matter regardless.

Both Biden and Trump have the same chance at winning. The suggestion that if Trump wins, democracy has failed. is just stupid.

Lmao, exactly what I was thinking. Photographer did an excellent job in capturing the moment
Evan Vucci is the photographer who captured it.

No surprise to learn that he is a past Pulitzer Prize winner and national Edward R. Murrow award winner. Will get more accolades for his efforts today.

Screenshot 2024-07-14 at 11.37.40 AM.png

Obviously we don’t know how we would personally react, but trump doing the salute and the crowd saluting back, or recording on phones seems several shades of dumb when the danger threat is clearly still unknown.

i know they aren't actual seats. it's just a term i used.

it doesn't matter regardless.

Both Biden and Trump have the same chance at winning. The suggestion that if Trump wins, democracy has failed. is just stupid.

It does matter as you are claiming to be right when you're wrong and are struggling to comprehend the discussion.

Who suggested that?

I think the suggestion is that a Trump win is a threat to future democracy.

you act like trump is against a democracy?

Trump wins if he is voted in by the majority. Biden wins if he is voted in by the majority.

Thats called democracy. Your problem is the majority don't want what you want

Ya nutjob.
Except that when Trump loses a democratic election he claims to have been cheated, so he doesn't really recognise democratic procedures that don't directly benefit him. Then of course there is the Capitol Hill invasion which he encouraged. That was hardly a recognition of democratic systems.

It does matter as you are claiming to be right when you're wrong and are struggling to comprehend the discussion.

Who suggested that?

I think the suggestion is that a Trump win is a threat to future democracy.

Why is Trump a threat to future democracy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back