Play Nice 45th President of the United States: Donald Trump - Part 19: Law and Odour

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it a compulsory question? Why bother with elections?
I think its more to register interest to the party so they can send out grifting party information

It also becomes a de facto voter id

It's still a little early to be satisfied that the assassin belonged to this or that political affiliation. My money would still be on a trump derangement leftie

I agree that we don't know yet.

I'm just commenting on some of the mental gymnastics I've seen in the last 5 hours.

If they jumped straight to "CIA" I'd have more respect.

I think we need to hold our fire, but I will say that he’s been reported as being a Republican voter. Can they also be ANTIFA?
Rest assured that his Republican registration stuff will be labelled as 'fake news' pretty soon if it hasn't already.

And curated screen shots of his ANTIFA-aligned memberships and credentials will surface from the usual sources soon enough along with the 'who put him up to this?' stuff.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The information we see in the first few days after a major incident like this is often inaccurate.

But even if it's proven that Thomas Matthew Crooks is the gunman it might not be significant that he's a registered Republican. He would have been too young to vote in 2020, and when he turned 18 his parents might have registered him with their affiliation. As you say you don't have to vote for the party you are registered with.

It's likely that someone who climbs on a roof to assassinate a Presidential candidate has some history of violence, or radicalism on social media. It should become clearer in the next few days.

There's almost certainly some element of radicalisation that leads up to it, but it probably falls way outside standard political disagreement. The way people talk potentially leads to random chaos when it's listened to by anyone with any psychotic tendencies.

Glad Trump wasn't severely injured. This could have been a much worse incident had the apparent snipe assassination attempt been successful.

This will also suck all oxygen out of the media fire and conversation around Biden stepping aside for a younger candidate. It'll make Biden more likely to hang on as nominee, and it was looking like Trump would beat Biden even before this event.

Likely to look like a Reagan-Mondale win at this point. I have no confidence in Biden anymore.

Maybe it will make something of Trump to have an experience like this, but I doubt it.

There's almost certainly some element of radicalisation that leads up to it, but it probably falls way outside standard political disagreement. The way people talk potentially leads to random chaos when it's listened to by anyone with any psychotic tendencies.

Glad Trump wasn't severely injured. This could have been a much worse incident had the apparent snipe assassination attempt been successful.

As I mentioned in another post the guy who shot Reagan was trying to impress Jodie foster.

It could be something totally random and psychotic like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back