Play Nice 45th President of the United States: Donald Trump - Part 19: Law and Odour

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 12, 2012
sv_cheats 1
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Edmonton Oilers
Mod Notice
* Thread monitored actively. User who drag it down will be removed

Specifically: reference to TDS (Trump Derangement Syndrome) and its counterpart 'Trumpanzee' or anything similar will no longer be allowed.

Personal attacks are also to be kept to a minimum.

As always, please submit ideas for the thread title by tagging Gethelred! Congrats to Nikita Blue for our new thread title!

Joe Biden, 46th President Thread is over there ->

< - Trump Part 18 is back there.
UPDATE: Trump Shooter named.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oath sworn by all US Military Members (myself included) on enlistment.
Seal Team 6 swears the same Oath on Enlistment.
Getting Military people to ignore the Constitution would be highly unlikely, especially unlawful orders.

I, _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God.
In that case, what happens if the President has identified an SC member as a domestic enemy?

Can you see how that will not solve anything?

If the Dems or the Left believe they are justified in a violent resolution or assassination, what do you think Trump/the Right will do?

This will be an incendiary dog whistle to plummet into a bloody civil war.
Yep. Might have been an idea if you were the SC to hand down along with the ruling few unambiguous examples of things being clearly unoffical acts hey - ringing state reps to ask they find votes and flip states, showing classified docs to randoms when you are no longer president, assassinating or locking up political appointees you don't agree with, things of this nature.

But instead they just punted back to the lower courts, so when an inevitable appeal happens they can still rule whichever way they like on what is and isn't an official act for specific cases.

Its all pretty transparent at this point, surely.

In that case, what happens if the President has identified an SC member as a domestic enemy?
How did he identify the SC Judge as a domestic enemy, "hey you, i see you there as an enemy"
You can not arbitrarily assign enemy status based on political difference/s.

In all seriousness, the Impeachment process would need to be used, and Congress remove the SC member

How do you think that would be recieved by the wider public? What stops trump doing the same if he gets into office?
Not great, and nothing. Just like Mitch McConnell refusing to even hold confirmation hearings for Obama's pick with 12+ months left in his term then ramming through Trump's in about a month wasn't received well by the wider public.

I'd have no issue at all with a Dem president expanding and stacking the court, pretty clear who started playing funny buggers first. And when they get to 27 SC members a few years down the track it might finally prompt them to have a re-think about appointments, term limits and how things work with the SC.

It is not the Military's position to question the Supreme Court decisions, it is a requirement to defend the Constitution.
It is compulsory to follow legal orders.
Wouldn't have thought its their place to question orders direct from their commander in chief either.

Reading posts here that Seal Team 6 will be sent to assassinate judges and political opponents is absurd to say the least.
It is, just a thought experiment really. Although they wouldn't have to kill anyone, just frog march them out and ship them to Gitmo lol

Wouldn't have thought its their place to question orders direct from their commander in chief either.

It is, just a thought experiment really. Although they wouldn't have to kill anyone, just frog march them out and ship them to Gitmo lol
See, Orders, Illegal.

Following an illegal order makes them morally and legally liable under the law.

It is not an easy question of itself to answer, save for the far-fetched 'thought experiments' posited ITT.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How did he identify the SC Judge as a domestic enemy, "hey you, i see you there as an enemy"
Can't you? Where is that written down?

POTUS supported by his DoJ head says so, evidenced by A, B and C, data and investigation provided by loyalists in various official government roles.

Is there provision for him to remove? I thought once appointed there were there for life?

I would have thought execution might not be the most reasonable course of action.
If he calls them traitors and imposes death penalty, using this presidential immunity (the court is operating in a way to protect the terror of the NRA and its toll on the lives of Americans). Doesn’t need much of a justification due to this crackpot immunity protection seeming to have no defined limits. And it would be sweet karma for it to occur

I am coming from a view that the USA is now completely fubar and it is probably time for Australia to pivot towards China…

Kinda ironic that the judges he would need to execute are the ones who believe he is immune.

If it went back to the Supreme Court, the new judges would deny his immunity haha
Meh I’m willing for Biden to go down after deleting those members of the court. I don’t see a net loss

The Constitution.

According to the Constitution which states that Justices "shall hold their Offices during good Behaviour."

In other words, until Impeached and dismissed (has happened, but rare), or they resign\retire.

An Executive Order contrary to the Constitution would not be a "Official Order" to be assigned immunity.

Nor would be ordering assassination(s).
Once Assassination is done it isn’t reversible though. So you then implant a favourable replacements who say your actions are lawful..

In all seriousness, the Impeachment process would need to be used, and Congress remove the SC member
You can based on being on the take from the NRA. The NRA is the enemy of USA society

Oath sworn by all US Military Members (myself included) on enlistment.
Seal Team 6 swears the same Oath on Enlistment.
Getting Military people to ignore the Constitution would be highly unlikely, especially unlawful orders.

I, _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God.
Thank you for your service

Who was it ( General) that rejected Trumps order in the last dying days?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back