Play Nice 45th President of the United States: Donald Trump - Part 9 - The Shi'ites Hit The Fan (Cont. in Part 10, see OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I already did. To repeat: imo Going by the Trump/Zelensky telephone transcript the "appearance" is nowhere near what one would imagine a "High Crime" would be.

Umm what you've bolded in your post is categorically not an answer to what you've bolded in mine.

To repeat: What do you think Trumps' motivation and intention was? How did it look, what was the 'appearance' to you?

And 2nd question - whats with your fixation on the "high crime" aspect? That's not a requirement re: impeachment.

Last edited:
And when the evidence is collected it will be presented for analysis by all parties.

These complaints are just the noise made by someone trying to cast doubt on a legitimate process. It's a tactic as old as the hills.

And pretty much the only tactic left available. Republicans sure as sh1t can't run a defence on the events/actions themselves lol.

And not only that but this idea of High Crime is laughable. I wish people would read up on previous impeachment and the understanding of High Crimes and misdemeanors.

I legit have no idea what Jane's angle is with the high crimes stuff. I mean, surely she knows thats not a requirement re: impeachment. But I still can't see what the 'win' would be in getting us to agree there was no high crime :think:

And when the evidence is collected it will be presented for analysis by all parties.

These complaints are just the noise made by someone trying to cast doubt on a legitimate process. It's a tactic as old as the hills.

Sure Chief. And if it were the Republicans acting this way against a Democratic president you'd be writing the same, wouldn't you?

I legit have no idea what Jane's angle is with the high crimes stuff. I mean, surely she knows thats not a requirement re: impeachment. But I still can't see what the 'win' would be in getting us to agree there was no high crime :think:

I think it is the misconception that High Crimes needs to be along the lines of Treason or Espionage. Which is so far from the truth.

Sure Chief. And if it were the Republicans acting this way against a Democratic president you'd be writing the same, wouldn't you?
No, I wouldn't. Because I can see what is happening. It's not scandalous or obviously shifty though I am sure they are trying the odd shifty thing.

I'm not that invested. Some aspects of the Trump thing are just a reality TV show. Other aspects are pretty deadly serious.

Impeach because that's the only way to beat Trump yeah great tactic,you crack me up. ;)

#thewallsareclosingin
No I think it is a joke that has gone stale.
Yes it was funny that you could actually vote a donkey into the White House but I think that this donkey has seen better days, even for the Republican faithful.
There is a turning away from the Republican Party now.

And what is the Democrats tactic going on 3 years now?

Impeach because that's the only way to beat Trump yeah great tactic,you crack me up. ;)

#thewallsareclosingin

No doubt some of the more hysterical elements of the DNC pushing that barrow since day 1 is a bit of an issue, would much prefer they'd focused on policy and elect-ability - as Pelosi was doing up until the Ukraine stuff broke.

Thats the thing - acknowledging that some in the DNC haven't exactly played it smart or ethically up till this point isn't a get out of jail free card. There's objectively more here and in plain view re: the Ukraine stuff than there was for Russia - you don't get to just dismiss it coz AOC and the like would impeach Trump over a parking ticket if they could.

My question to Chief:

"if it were the Republicans acting this way against a Democratic president you'd be writing the same, wouldn't you? "

That is - would you write the same in defence of the Repubs if they were acting this way against a Dem President?"

No, I wouldn't.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My question to Chief:

"if it were the Republicans acting this way against a Democratic president you'd be writing the same, wouldn't you? "

That is - would you write the same in defence of the Repubs if they were acting this way against a Dem President?"

Going well mumsy, gotta resort to getting a 'win' via a typo :tearsofjoy:

Any danger of answering my question?

Its textbook narcissistic behavior to surround yourself with people who are yes people, say yes, agree, defend you etc. And those people willing to do that for Trump are after the Money and the Power that comes with being in a position close to him right now.

Eventually even they find a moral core and start to disagree with some things and suddenly they've "Resigned to spend more time with family" or "Moved on to new opportunities"

'Moral core'? ohhh, paleeeeze!!

No, they will in the end see where the Trumpy train is heading & they'll 'Dump the Trump'.

Remember this, 'There is no honour amongst thieves'.

"God himself appointed Trump to be President. So we must never question Trump and always support him no matter what he says or does."

I look forward to hearing FireKraquora version of this turned into "stand by trumpy"

It wasn't a transcript, it was an edited version of the quick notes taken during the call

It's not a verbatim transcript, or an ultra specific transcript
And it’s STILL incriminating!

Sorry if that’s not relevant, I can’t see GJ’s posts, for obvious reasons.

'Moral core'? ohhh, paleeeeze!!

No, they will in the end see where the Trumpy train is heading & they'll 'Dump the Trump'.

Remember this, 'There is no honour amongst thieves'.

I may have been a little kind when I said moral core. You are correct, they are more likely to see the trainwreck coming and choose to bail with dignity and begin their book writing.

When they talk about keeping jobs in America, they mean the jobs of the people who organise the stuff to be made in China, NOT the people MAKING the items.

Of course their voters just see "JOBS FOR AMERICANS!" and completely switch off their ability to question that statement.

McConnell is slow walking away from him.

If he is removed from office, (cue comments to the effect that it’ll never happen), he’ll seem safe until suddenly he’s not.

Public opinion will decide this and we are bang in the middle of the period that determines what next

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back