Player Watch #46: Robert Hansen Jnr - Extends to End 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Cos the guy is 20yrold, done only one preseason, and played what 3 games? and most of em as a sub.

Reckon l’ll stick with Clarko and Co’s decision rather than the rabble of arm chair nutters on this forum.
Agree with your take re RHJ. Disagree with your view on passionate NM supporters.

There was a 1 minute period in the fourth I think, member side, that really upset me. Just stood out of position during the kick out, did a noodle arm tackle thing, out of position again, followed by a non competitive effort.

Tells me he just doesn’t know wtf he’s doing or heart isn’t in it, or both.

Had a block of games to show that he belongs at the level. Sadly, I don’t think he deserves a list spot in front of Cooper, Taylor or Drury.

Is always a standout at training and is highly skilled, but I just don’t see the tenacity at the contest that is required to be a small forward. Just floats around without any urgency. Needs to watch a few tapes of Kossie Pickett to see what perceived pressure can do to opposition defenders.

Probably never felt convinced he belonged at the level and would have been nice for Jy to give him the handball, but is not part of our next premiership forward line based on the last 3 weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Had a block of games to show that he belongs at the level. Sadly, I don’t think he deserves a list spot in front of Cooper, Taylor or Drury.

Is always a standout at training and is highly skilled, but I just don’t see the tenacity at the contest that is required to be a small forward. Just floats around without any urgency. Needs to watch a few tapes of Kossie Pickett to see what perceived pressure can do to opposition defenders.

Probably never felt convinced he belonged at the level and would have been nice for Jy to give him the handball, but is not part of our next premiership forward line based on the last 3 weeks.

Any of them will only be keeping a seat warm for jasper alger.

Unfortunately taking initiative on field has never been our strong suit.

Cos the guy is 20yrold, done only one preseason, and played what 3 games? and most of em as a sub.

Reckon l’ll stick with Clarko and Co’s decision rather than the rabble of arm chair nutters on this forum.

He doesn’t have the physical development whatsoever and is a deer in headlights. He is offering SFA. He isn’t going to all of a sudden kick 2x goals or more and have an impact as it’s going to take time in the VFL. He can stay there.

Call me an arm chair nutter but it’s called a forum where people have opinions. Just because you don’t agree with it you call it rabble lol

Same argument applies, what would you know in comparison to Clarko, turn it up haha

3 disposals and 1 of them was a turnover and ran around avoiding contact all game. That’s not afl level whether you like it or not

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reckon I’ll stick with most of this forums opinion on him over one rabble arm chair nutter on this forum.

Was frightened of taking contact a few times. Doesn’t have the pace of spicer. Of the 2 I rate Phoenix higher
True. But both are equally shit

Our ability to pick terrible indigenous small forwards because we passed up Kozzie Pickett is pretty pathetic.
Narrier, Spicer, Hansen Jr are just the opposite of what you want.

They all can’t be Charlie Cameron but for the all the Lindsay Thomas, Matt Campbell, Winston Abraham, Adrian McAdam, Byron Pickett selections - so many of our most favorite players, it has been disappointing to not being able to find relatable talent in recent years.

Last edited:
True. But both are equally shit

Our ability to pick terrible indigenous small forwards because we passed up Kozzie Pickett is pretty pathetic.
Narrier, Spicer, Hansen Jr are just the opposite of what you want.

They all can’t be Charlie Cameron but for the all the Lindsay Thomas, Matt Campbell, Winston Abraham, Adrian McAdam, Byron Pickett selections - so many of our most favorite players, it has been disappointing to not being able to find relatable talent in recent years.
I think y’all being a tough in the kid, I’m pretty happy with most of what he’s shown so far, another preseason and more match experience to build his confidence and I think by this time next year we’ll all be singing his praises. I do think he has something special about him we’ve only seen glimpses so far but it’ll come 👍

Probably never felt convinced he belonged at the level and would have been nice for Jy to give him the handball
Yeah for sure jy should have given that off would have helped build his confidence early. Plus he was better placed to run in and pretty much make it a certain goal

Nah he played today, didn't have a big game. But it's decision time, so might as well give him a look
personally i probably have drury in front of bobby or coops by a nose, simply on the perceived effort he tends to display, realistically i cant see either of them being part of the longer term plans due to none of them really being in the dangerous category. But you cant have Nil small forwards on the list. we have dropped the ball here a bit, possibly we were a bit pre-occupied trying to get talls recently and then ended up with ccj and biggy on deals before landing pink and teaks as speculative talls who have shown more.

personally i probably have drury in front of bobby or coops by a nose, simply on the perceived effort he tends to display, realistically i cant see either of them being part of the longer term plans due to none of them really being in the dangerous category. But you cant have Nil small forwards on the list. we have dropped the ball here a bit, possibly we were a bit pre-occupied trying to get talls recently and then ended up with ccj and biggy on deals before landing pink and teaks as speculative talls who have shown more.
Definitely!
Small forwards have been an area we've neglected for far too long. We have Curtis as the Lindsay Thomas type, who doesn't play as a traditional small.
Brought Payne in who hasn't had a pre-season yet, so can't really judge him. We'll most likely take River Stevens and another in the draft (maybe your man Cooper Alger).

Leaves one spot for Drury, Cooper and RHJ. Drury's work ethic will count in his favour, but probably has the fewest physical tools.
Pretty tight at the moment, all 3 have to make every post a winner of the last few weeks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #46: Robert Hansen Jnr - Extends to End 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Back