Play Nice 46th President of the United States: Joe Biden 2: Incidit in scyllam cupiens vitare charybdim

Remove this Banner Ad

The people most capable are in the private world making more money. As much as these public jobs pay, they really are under what they 'should' get if you want to attract the best candidates

We're then stuck with the losers from high school who never got picked for any sports, copied off the smart kids, and sucked up to the cool kids.
On this though, I would disagree that private sector success would make ideal criteria. I mean that is how we ended up with Trump. And someone like Elon (thankfully ineligible) would be a disaster.

Ironically given my post on the previous page regarding Adam Simpson/Biden, I think the qualities you look for in a coach would be similar to the qualities you look for in a President. It's really just a management position at the end of the day, so communication, leadership and management would be what your criteria would be (get the right people into the right roles to deliver all the stuff you promised).

Biden right now is probably a 2/10 on communication, whilst being slightly higher on leadership and management (mostly delegating at this stage though).
Compare that to Obama who is probably a 9/10 on communication, but a bit lower on leadership and management.

On this though, I would disagree that private sector success would make ideal criteria. I mean that is how we ended up with Trump. And someone like Elon (thankfully ineligible) would be a disaster.

Ironically given my post on the previous page regarding Adam Simpson/Biden, I think the qualities you look for in a coach would be similar to the qualities you look for in a President. It's really just a management position at the end of the day, so communication, leadership and management would be what your criteria would be (get the right people into the right roles to deliver all the stuff you promised).

Biden right now is probably a 2/10 on communication, whilst being slightly higher on leadership and management (mostly delegating at this stage though).
Compare that to Obama who is probably a 9/10 on communication, but a bit lower on leadership and management.
trump never took responsibility for the crap under his presidency

I forget who originally said it, and its been phrased many times over the years.

But the people that would often make the best Presidents/Prime Ministers, are often the ones with the least interest in ever seeking public office.

Meanwhile the career politician types that have the most ambition to become President/Prime Minister are often the last people you'd ever want in that role (e.g ScoMo, Ted Cruz types).
1720669617145.png

A lot of rainbows and lollipops but he makes a point that there can be a middle ground but neither party wants it

yep! joe’s intransigence is likely to see the corrupt criminal megalomaniac win and as george clooney has said in his plea for biden to step aside, win the house and senate too.

part of the george clooney plea for biden to step aside. biden won’t easily be forgiven for this.

Is it fair to point these things out? It has to be. This is about age. Nothing more. But also nothing that can be reversed. We are not going to win in November with this president. On top of that, we won’t win the House, and we’re going to lose the Senate. This isn’t only my opinion; this is the opinion of every senator and Congress member and governor who I’ve spoken with in private. Every single one, irrespective of what he or she is saying publicly.

View attachment 2045090

A lot of rainbows and lollipops but he makes a point that there can be a middle ground but neither party wants it
I did see this the other day, and tbh it sounded like how you'd get a 13 year old to describe the ideal world (which is perhaps fitting as this is Mr Beasts target demographic).

I think US politics is a bit beyond "middle grounds" and "both sides have good ideas". A look into Project 2025 should give you an idea about how far apart the two parties are right now.

yep! joe’s intransigence is likely to see the corrupt criminal megalomaniac win and as george clooney has said in his plea for biden to step aside, win the house and senate too.

part of the george clooney plea for biden to step aside. biden won’t easily be forgiven for this.

Yeh the Clooney argument was pretty damming

“It’s devastating to say it, but the Joe Biden I was with three weeks ago at the fund-raiser was not the Joe ‘big F-ing deal’ Biden of 2010,”.

“He wasn’t even the Joe Biden of 2020. He was the same man we all witnessed at the debate.

I forget who originally said it, and its been phrased many times over the years.

But the people that would often make the best Presidents/Prime Ministers, are often the ones with the least interest in ever seeking public office.

Meanwhile the career politician types that have the most ambition to become President/Prime Minister are often the last people you'd ever want in that role (e.g ScoMo, Ted Cruz types).
Eg Rudd, AOC types

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think even the most hardened lefties accept the fact that "Sleepy" Joe has no chance of winning this election and it won't even be close. But who are the alternatives? Surely "Cackling" Kamala won't get the gig, she might be worse? If the Dems make any sort of change then they will have very little time to make any inroads. Age is the problem with both Biden and Trump...but does this age come with greater wisdom? Common thought would tell us, yes. But it also comes with being more likely to slip in the bathtub and activate the order of succession, next thing you know Kamala is the president!!:confounded:. Trump is 77 and Biden is 81. The whole thing is nuts.

I think even the most hardened lefties accept the fact that "Sleepy" Joe has no chance of winning this election and it won't even be close. But who are the alternatives? Surely "Cackling" Kamala won't get the gig, she might be worse? If the Dems make any sort of change then they will have very little time to make any inroads. Age is the problem with both Biden and Trump...but does this age come with greater wisdom? Common thought would tell us, yes. But it also comes with being more likely to slip in the bathtub and activate the order of succession, next thing you know Kamala is the president!!:confounded:. Trump is 77 and Biden is 81. The whole thing is nuts.

Age can have more wisdom but there is a scale, it isn’t exponential. It isn’t like a 120 year old will be much wiser than a 75-80 year old.

Also losing mental faculties kinda offsets wisdom.

Age can have more wisdom but there is a scale, it isn’t exponential. It isn’t like a 120 year old will be much wiser than a 75-80 year old.

Also losing mental faculties kinda offsets wisdom.

Also being the head of a Nation State should involve things like long term policy planning. Multi-decade infrastructure plans aren’t really something you give a shit about in your 70s or 80s given you won’t be around to benefit.

No, you’ve been duped. Nobody has said that that’s the case aside some rando on Twitter that every Biden cultist decided to go with in a circling of the wagons.

It’s not the line from the White House when asked about the visits.

I don’t have Twitter you ****ing twit, I get my intel from actual friends involved in politics and journalism some here, some in the States!

Yea agree with all this - not sure "those most capable" sit in private enterprise, I mean many that do sit at the head of companies that drain millions of dollars of losses per year.... then pay themselves a bonus on the back of "well it would have been worse"... Bottom line is we don't treat our pollies with a great deal of respect or love so why the hell would you want to put yourself in the public eye unless you had this ginormous ego problem eg Trump.

Like many organisations who attract the right people consistently to the top of their management positions, most are tapped on the shoulder and identified, and pulled up. Whether we like it or not, a voting system of a public who don't really ever understand the real issues, nor in many cases really care except 3 months out from voting, are then the determinants of who is / is not placed in the top gig. take out the obvious adversarial nature of the "game" too which does no one any favours, we shouldn't really expect much better than what we have.

Which is why he's a bad leader
An appalling leader - in fact any organisation dealing in leadership, I think, would use him as the antithesis of what a good leader would behave like - taking out the obvious * that he has galvanised a sort of cult following behind him (so maybe he is a man for the times... :) ) LOL

Remove this Banner Ad

Play Nice 46th President of the United States: Joe Biden 2: Incidit in scyllam cupiens vitare charybdim

Remove this Banner Ad

Back