Play Nice 46th President of the United States: Joe Biden 2: Incidit in scyllam cupiens vitare charybdim

Remove this Banner Ad

And a Trump led US government will serve their interests better?

The fact is that the House is Republican led wth the 9 members who voted against the support for Israel all being Democrats.

An emotional response that we all understand but unlikely to play out in January when they realise the alternative.

Any polls around on their support for Trump?

Wouldn't have thought his proposed actions re: Israel and Palestine would be viewed much better.

Of course, I think more likely is that many will just not vote.

Just thinking, and its happening to a degree already, that the older school neo conservatives of the Reagan through Bush era, will infiltrate the Dems moving them even further right.

Imagine that world, a choice between MAGA and Bush style Republicans, what a time to be alive.

In saying that, we have a lot of corporate Dems who are almost there already, just pay lip service to diversity as long as they tow the establishment line.
Part of the Fox agenda is precisely to shift the whole debate to the right.

Make the standard right win look moderate, make the normal moderates look left, make the left look extreme.

And of course, make RWNJs look like the standard right wing.

And they have been doing it here, hence the incessant rabid attacks on the ABC for any content that differs from theirs. Shift the ABC, which is, despite popular opinion, fairly centrist to the right, and help shift the centre to the right.

On moto g(6) plus using BigFooty.com mobile app

đź’Ż

Unfortunate that not many here will admit it.
Sure, no new wars started while Trump was prez. Where it gets a bit tedious though is MAGA nation and the bloke himself pretending that was due to his leadership (lol) rather than pure happenstance.

Bloke has had the most charmed run of luck I think I've ever seen for a US president. They usually cop at least 1 if not more major crises not of their own making to negotiate, Trump had absolutely nothing until covid. And to navigate that all he had to do was act like a functioning adult, refrain from spitballing experimental treatments on live TV, resist the temptation to tweet LIBERATE at states he didn't like etc.

And even after somehow ****ing that up and losing in '20, he's been given a charmed run for '24 - inflation and knock on economics effects from covid, new wars breaking out that have nothing to do with the current admin, the Dems sticking with a corpse for their nominee rather than using the last 3 years to find an actual candidate... wowee talk about luck. All Trump had to do was accept the results of an election and give some classified docs that weren't his back and he'd be sitting pretty. Might even still win but geez he's squandered just about every advantage the universe has handed him over the last 7 years

(and its still everyone's fault but his of course :tearsofjoy:)

Last edited:
Obama’s grubby little mitts are all over Yemen
Trump handed the Sauds the biggest increase in military equipment they've ever received.
And a massive boost to military spending overall.
The revisionist history of Trump fans is interesting at best

Trump handed the Sauds the biggest increase in military equipment they've ever received.
And a massive boost to military spending overall.
The revisionist history of Trump fans is interesting at best
Once again. Obama’s grubby little mitts put those deals in place. They weren’t deals made by Trump.

Once again. Obama’s grubby little mitts put those deals in place. They weren’t deals made by Trump.

Ah. So let's be clear.

Anything that happened during Biden's Presidency = Biden's fault.
Anything that happened during Trump's Presidency = Obama's fault.

Got it.

Ah. So let's be clear.

Anything that happened during Biden's Presidency = Biden's fault.
Anything that happened during Trump's Presidency = Obama's fault.

Got it.
Only when prior deals have been put in place. Trump should have stopped Obamas deal though!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I get your argument, but I'm not so sure. Biden's polling has collapsed in the last month amongst Democrats, seemingly coinciding with this. The largest protests since 2003 are under way, overwhelmingly comprised of people who voted Democrat in 2020, and the response from the Administration has included comparing them to the white supremacists at Charlottesville.

F-MAvHjWsAAHEnn

And I'll add that while "an unnamed, generic Democrat" usually becomes less attractive once that Democrat is named, this is tellingly bad - even Kamala is doing better!

While it's likely that things'll improve in the next year when Trump's ugliness rears its head, it also would've been unlikely that a foreign policy incident would have led to these kinds of numbers in the streets and in a polling collapse. To me, it's reminiscent of 1967 and the huge protests against Vietnam that saw Johnson make the surprise decision to not run for another term. Biden should do likewise.

I get your argument, but I'm not so sure. Biden's polling has collapsed in the last month amongst Democrats, seemingly coinciding with this. The largest protests since 2003 are under way, overwhelmingly comprised of people who voted Democrat in 2020, and the response from the Administration has included comparing them to the white supremacists at Charlottesville.

F-MAvHjWsAAHEnn

And I'll add that while "an unnamed, generic Democrat" usually becomes less attractive once that Democrat is named, this is tellingly bad - even Kamala is doing better!

While it's likely that things'll improve in the next year when Trump's ugliness rears its head, it also would've been unlikely that a foreign policy incident would have led to these kinds of numbers in the streets and in a polling collapse. To me, it's reminiscent of 1967 and the huge protests against Vietnam that saw Johnson make the surprise decision to not run for another term. Biden should do likewise.
Absolutely. But who?
Kamala isn't popular, Bernie is too old. There seem to be few viable alternatives

F-MAvHjWsAAHEnn

You can't say polling has collapsed and then argue it will improve because of Donald. It will improve because people have other things to be upset about ie goldfish

I have no issue with your second proposition and am frustrated the Democrats and Joe can't see the forest for the trees.

I don't know who that alternative might be

Remove this Banner Ad

Play Nice 46th President of the United States: Joe Biden 2: Incidit in scyllam cupiens vitare charybdim

Remove this Banner Ad

Back