Play Nice 46th President of the United States: Joe Biden 2: Incidit in scyllam cupiens vitare charybdim

Remove this Banner Ad

Dunno, I just can't see it happening.

Trump will get similar turnout to 2020, its a cult and his supporters just do. not. care. About anything, other than worshiping dear leader.

But 'normal' voters also have notoriously short memories, I don't think Biden will get anywhere near the number of anti-Trump votes he did previously. And when you consider some of the margins in the swing states in 2020 that will be more than enough for Trump to take it.
Oh yeah, I wouldn't take $1.90 on either of them, very much on the fence overall, but $2.90 is a lot more tempting.

There's only a handful of battleground states to worry about. Trump needs to flip them. He'll get Georgia, I think, I don't think he'll get Arizona and Nevada is line-ball. Who knows what's going on with demographics in Nevada!?

185 local tv channels owned by a republican donor just happen to have near identical stories about a wsj article
Surely a coincidence
Yeah, Sinclair, an insidious propaganda machine. I remember when they were buying media outlets all over the country. Then they had that Trump stooge with cartoon villian name, Gorka, spouting crap. And then requiring all their stations to recite some more crap.
Not surprised. I said it back then, this reaches into those areas that don't watch a lot of cable. These are the local stations that some people will trust more completely than some national outlet.

Yeah, Sinclair, an insidious propaganda machine. I remember when they were buying media outlets all over the country. Then they had that Trump stooge with cartoon villian name, Gorka, spouting crap. And then requiring all their stations to recite some more crap.
Not surprised. I said it back then, this reaches into those areas that don't watch a lot of cable. These are the local stations that some people will trust more completely than some national outlet.
Sinclair has form

Sinclair is not a lot different to the Fox network. The local affiliates run national stories. Our news services do it too.

On Harris and abortion, I think women voters have heard enough from Republicans to know that they need to turn up.

But don't forget, the US is a deeply religious place. Many women oppose abortion too, because of their religious nuttery,. It's not just men trying to control women, there are rich women trying to keep poor women down too.

Watching clips of Joe in Italy at some sort of photo op wandering off, needing to be brought back, and then moving very very slowly to put his sunglasses on. This guy has the hallmarks of significant cognitive decline i see this in my field of work daily. His affect is mask like. I would love to know the lengths his medical team are going to keep him going, it would be a huge huge effort. He seems to have really clinically deteriorated over the past few months, who knows what he will look like come the election.
It actually upsets me, this is cruel. He shouldn't be in this position. He is not fit.

Watching clips of Joe in Italy at some sort of photo op wandering off, needing to be brought back, and then moving very very slowly to put his sunglasses on. This guy has the hallmarks of significant cognitive decline i see this in my field of work daily. His affect is mask like. I would love to know the lengths his medical team are going to keep him going, it would be a huge huge effort. He seems to have really clinically deteriorated over the past few months, who knows what he will look like come the election.
It actually upsets me, this is cruel. He shouldn't be in this position. He is not fit.
So you watch selectively edited clips of an 81 year old with a stutter and think that's a complete picture of his physical and mental state?

You must be a star in your workplace.

Watch out for sharks!

:D

But yes, this isn't the Trump thread and I won't post any more Trump crazy videos.

Keep up champ

Its the clones

So you watch selectively edited clips of an 81 year old with a stutter and think that's a complete picture of his physical and mental state?

You must be a star in your workplace.

Watch out for sharks!

:D

But yes, this isn't the Trump thread and I won't post any more Trump crazy videos.

So you think he is perfectly cognitively intact? and its all selective editing.... interesting.

I mean, Time interviewed Biden last week, and the transcript (which can be found in full here) had numerous sections that seemed like a man in decline.

So in Israel, obviously, a difficult time there. What steps are you prepared to take against Israel now that Netanyahu appears to have crossed your red line in Rafah, Mr. President?

Biden: I'm not going to speak to that now because you're going to report this before I make, before—I'm in the process of talking with the Israelis right now. So I'm not going to…

What does that mean?

Biden: If I tell you, you’ll write it. It’s not time for you to write it.

What are the nature of your conversations with the Israelis right now? Have you spoken with Bibi?

Biden: I have not spoken with Bibi since—I have not spoken with Bibi since the attack on Sunday. Was it Sunday?

Ben LaBolt: Yep. Sunday.

Biden: I have not. My team has.

But has he crossed your red line?

Biden: I'm not going to respond to that because I'm about to make a…anyway.

On what Hamas has done, are the eight US hostages there in Gaza is still alive?

Biden: We believe there are those that are still alive. I met with all the families. But we don't have final proof on exactly who's alive and who's not alive. And by the way, I’ve been calling for—we should have a ceasefire, period. And to get those hostages. That’s the main reason why we push. Both the Israelis desperately want a ceasefire in order to get the hostages home. And it's a way to begin to break the momentum. And so that's why we're pushing hard for the—and we’re—Is our intelligence chief in? Where is he now?

Kirby: He is back, sir. He was just over in Europe, in Brussels, over the weekend.

And whose fault is it that the—that deal, the ceasefire for hostages—has not been consummated? Is it Hamas or Israel or both?

Biden: Hamas. Hamas could end this tomorrow. Hamas could say (unintelligible) and done period. And, but, and the last offer Israel made was very generous in terms of who they'd be willing to release, what they'd give in return, et cetera. Bibi is under enormous pressure on the hostages, on the hostages, and so he's prepared to do about anything to get the hostages back.

But Mr. President, won’t your newly announced tariffs raise the prices on American consumers?

Biden: No, because here's the deal. There's a difference. I made it clear to Putin from the very beginning that—I'm not, we're not engaging in…For example, Trump wants a 10% tariff on everything. That will raise the price of everything in America. [Editor’s note: Biden appeared to mean Xi here, not Putin.]

The last two years of Presidents, two-term President's tenure are usually focused on foreign affairs. You are 81 years old, and would be 86 by the time you left office. Large majorities of Americans, including in the Democratic Party, tell pollsters they think you are too old to lead. Could you really do this job as an 85-year old man?

Biden: I can do it better than anybody you know. You’re looking at me, I can take you too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Righto champ, you won’t ever concede anything about left wing figures so this is null and void.

The reality is it’s the worst presidential options in history, no one wins.

Biden isn’t a lefty.

I mean, Time interviewed Biden last week, and the transcript (which can be found in full here) had numerous sections that seemed like a man in decline.
lol, Nothing in that shows a man in decline, no matter what spin you put on it.

I reckon, there would be many world leaders that would make similar errors.

I prefer reading the 'fact check' on what he said.

Pretty good when you compare with most politicians even they were wrong in a couple and had to recheck only to find Biden was right.

It's hard not to feel for the guy, he had a great career as a politician just got his shot too late.

No I think YOU are looking at selectively edited clips.

Definitely. Joe is nowhere near as bad as MAGA propaganda wants people to believe.

But he is undeniably old and probably in-decline.

He's still infinitely better than Trump though.

Compare the pair.

Seth Meyers clip being shared on teh socials - "one's an old guy who sometimes does old guy things, but otherwise in touch with reality and competent at his job. The other is Trump who ... (list of shit Trump does that is too long to recall here)."

Attack Biden on his policies and actions - supporting the genocide of Palestinians, patchy labour record - and you have PLENTY of material.

But that doesn't click with the average dope, so go for bullshit and hate.

lol, Nothing in that shows a man in decline, no matter what spin you put on it.

I reckon, there would be many world leaders that would make similar errors.

I prefer reading the 'fact check' on what he said.

Pretty good when you compare with most politicians even they were wrong in a couple and had to recheck only to find Biden was right.

If Trump told a journalist "I could take you too" I can only imagine the reaction. Or if he confused Putin and Xi.

Compare the pair.

Seth Meyers clip being shared on teh socials - "one's an old guy who sometimes does old guy things, but otherwise in touch with reality and competent at his job. The other is Trump who ... (list of shit Trump does that is too long to recall here)."

Attack Biden on his policies and actions - supporting the genocide of Palestinians, patchy labour record - and you have PLENTY of material.

But that doesn't click with the average dope, so go for bullshit and hate.

I can just see if...Biden dies and you will still be saying he is in touch with reality and competant...

But Trump....

I can just see if...Biden dies and you will still be saying he is in touch with reality and competant...

But Trump....
Thank you for the shitposting. It's always appreciated.

If Trump told a journalist "I could take you too" I can only imagine the reaction.
Laughter at the thought of Trump moving at more than a shambling walk or throwing a punch with those tiny hands. :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Play Nice 46th President of the United States: Joe Biden 2: Incidit in scyllam cupiens vitare charybdim

Remove this Banner Ad

Back